Ram Gopal Varma lodges police complaint against BJP youth wing

Napster

Reaction score
Bollywood filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma lodged a police complaint against the youth wing of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) here on Tuesday
after he received a letter to apologise over his statement of offering a role to Kannada actress Maria Susairaj, recently released in the murder case of television executive Neeraj Grover.

According to media reports, Varma had announced that he would be offering Susairaj a role in his film.

"Two things, the issue is I had put a certain thing on the twitter. If a person has been convicted and that person has come out after serving the punishment and the judge said whatever he said, one should respect that and I will not hold that against the criminal, whatever might be the background. Regarding this, I got a letter from BJP youth wing threatening strong action if I don't take back my word," said Varma.

"So, in a civilized society, if a judiciary is saying something and as a citizen of India, I have the right to live by the law of the land. If a political party is going to threaten, taking some strong action, whatever they meant by it. In relation to this issue, I came here to register a complaint," he added.

The filmmaker had also written in support of Susairaj on a social networking website, that if someone was set free by the law, then she had every right to start her life afresh.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock