Regarding Airtel Internet TV Compatibility with all HDMI specs

vijayr2002

Reaction score
Hello,

My TV Model: Samsung 40j5100 (Samsung 40 Inches Full HD Flat TV J5100 | Samsung India)

I am looking forward to buy an Airtel Internet TV Box and while checking out reviews from the web, I found out someone who has expressed his view in multiple portals that this box is not working with his TV via HDMI but works fine with AV. He pointed out it only works with HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 specs. As per my knowledge HDCP 2.2 is only needed for 4K output. In the below YouTube video, another guy is facing issue of No Video Output which has also been confirmed by another user who had commented below the video.

Source

1. Please let me know if anyone else facing any of these issues and whether this box supports older TV's with HDMI Input.
2. Can the currently Cable from DTH to Tata Sky STB which I had it installed a year back be used with Airtel DTH too?

Thanks.

@vijayr2002 These are unique issues concerning that particular TV in question,So can't confirm whether it'll work with your TV with particular Hardware you use,Since it's a 4K Box might be some compatibility issues the user might had faced.I am using Sony HD ready LED TV with this Airtel Internet 4K Box,it plays very well with the HDMI cable that came in the box & supports upto 1080p very well.

Then Youtube Video Output issues might also be there but I think it will be Solvable.Few other minor issues might be there but recent Software upgrade might take care of most of the issues,If that review you read is somewhat older,you may buy but still you may find certain issues which you should be optimistic enough to find a solution.Not a Flawless Product but it's not too bad also.I am using it for nearly 4 months & it functions well.

And note you can't Install all Android apps,If you are well verse with Kodi you can install unavailable apps in Kodi.

Last edited:
@vijayr2002 These are unique issues concerning that particular TV in question,So can't confirm whether it'll work with your TV with particular Hardware you use,Since it's a 4K Box might be some compatibility issues the user might had faced.I am using Sony HD ready LED TV with this Airtel Internet 4K Box,it plays very well with the HDMI cable that came in the box & supports upto 1080p very well.

Then Youtube Video Output issues might also be there but I think it will be Solvable.Few other minor issues might be there but recent Software upgrade might take care of most of the issues,If that review you read is somewhat older,you may buy but still you may find certain issues which you should be optimistic enough to find a solution.Not a Flawless Product but it's not too bad also.I am using it for nearly 4 months & it functions well.

And note you can't Install all Android apps,If you are well verse with Kodi you can install unavailable apps in Kodi.

Thank you for your valuable input. Just like you said, running Kodi with good add-ons will be a big value addition to this box. :) Will order soon and hope it works good with HDMI source.

New HDMI cable will come with the box, no need to use your old cable.

I am using Airtel Internet TV from the day if its launch. Not facing any issue with my Sony Bravia TV.

New HDMI cable will come with the box, no need to use your old cable.

I am using Airtel Internet TV from the day if its launch. Not facing any issue with my Sony Bravia TV.

Yes,For me they Provided new HDMI Cable inside the box,I returned the old Airtel HD+ box along with old HDMI Cable as an exchange but not as an upgrade,old cable might be the reason for compatibility issue.

Last edited:
Hello,

My TV Model: Samsung 40j5100 (Samsung 40 Inches Full HD Flat TV J5100 | Samsung India)

I am looking forward to buy an Airtel Internet TV Box and while checking out reviews from the web, I found out someone who has expressed his view in multiple portals that this box is not working with his TV via HDMI but works fine with AV. He pointed out it only works with HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 specs. As per my knowledge HDCP 2.2 is only needed for 4K output. In the below YouTube video, another guy is facing issue of No Video Output which has also been confirmed by another user who had commented below the video.

Source

1. Please let me know if anyone else facing any of these issues and whether this box supports older TV's with HDMI Input.
2. Can the currently Cable from DTH to Tata Sky STB which I had it installed a year back be used with Airtel DTH too?

Thanks.
I also faced this issue. It is because of HDCP. After installing HDMI splitter issue was resolved.

Let us know your TV Make and Model, also the name of the HDMI Splitter. If bought online, give the link. It will be helpful. :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock