DDF Exclusive Registered Trademarks For Indian TV Channels

Great News. Just few days back i had shared feedback with Mrs. Megha Tata regarding changes needed in Discovery Network channels / programing and bringing ID back was one of the queries/concern. Glad it is happening, this channel is quite nice and i used to watch shows on it at length. Hindi Dubbing was excellent, infact i preferred it over English (not the usual case) and enjoyed some shows in HD too when Jeet aired it for some time post discontinuation of its original shows.

Also lovely to know that Disney HD is launching, hopefully it will air some US toond too. In most likelihood Marvel HQ will face axe for this, Disney International HD might continue. This is based on my understanding of situation, Disney international still has decent following among youth, specially girls hence Disney might continue it by converting it to SD. Marvel HQ on other hand is bird with no feathers and as such action cartoons of the kind it airs hardly has loyal fans let alone mass popularity

Great News. Just few days back i had shared feedback with Mrs. Megha Tata regarding changes needed in Discovery Network channels / programing and bringing ID back was one of the queries/concern. Glad it is happening, this channel is quite nice and i used to watch shows on it at length. Hindi Dubbing was excellent, infact i preferred it over English (not the usual case) and enjoyed some shows in HD too when Jeet aired it for some time post discontinuation of its original shows.

Also lovely to know that Disney HD is launching, hopefully it will air some US toond too. In most likelihood Marvel HQ will face axe for this, Disney International HD might continue. This is based on my understanding of situation, Disney international still has decent following among youth, specially girls hence Disney might continue it by converting it to SD. Marvel HQ on other hand is bird with no feathers and as such action cartoons of the kind it airs hardly has loyal fans let alone mass popularity
The problem with Disney International HD. It should be dominated with early 2000s shows and movies. We are grown ups now who prefers to watch our idols Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato and Miley Cyrus. I wish Nick HD aired Drake and Josh and Sam and Cat.

Goodbye Discovery Jeet. 😍
When I saw @Vadirocks bros profile, then I saw that there is written that he saw This thread. Also that time I thought about Discovery Network. So got this news after logged in.

Nice so We will say Bye bye to Jeet Prime soon.
It's good if ID comes back and it is even better if Jeet Prime is discontinued as the latter is the height of stupidity. But I don't want ID to be only a Hindi channel which was the case earlier. It was positioned as a Hindi GEC which worked against it. Instead it should be positioned as an infotainment channel. It should have both English and Hindi feeds.

Disney International SD may be launched by Disney/Star to complement the HD channel. At least Disney knows that there is a demand for live-action Disney Channel shows.

If somehow the Star World Premiere HD licence can be converted into Disney Channel HD, it will be nice. Unfortunately Star and Disney are registered as separate companies, though one is a subsidiary of the other.

The problem with Disney International HD. It should be dominated with early 2000s shows and movies. We are grown ups now who prefers to watch our idols Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato and Miley Cyrus. I wish Nick HD aired Drake and Josh and Sam and Cat.
Nickelodeon originals channel was planned in order to air both classic and new Nickelodeon shows. But no information till now. Viacom18 Kids and Hindi entertainment head had said about this to build Indian kids genere and teen. But no changes seen.
I hope Nick HD+ gets converted to Nick OG channel

Too difficult to perfectly arrange what will work in india and by adopting which revenue model. I wouldn't blame Disney for experimenting in content as they themselves would be confused which audience can be tapped properly. We grew up on old series but most our age r working now and do not get much time to watch tv, disney like other channels has tried to add new shows so as to capture attention of those in teen or 18-24 bracket. As i said we r an audience where each one has favourite content but not willing to pay appropriate price, result is majority governs what rules on TV. Till this changes i do not see niche content having much scope on channels specially with OTT taking over landscape

Too difficult to perfectly arrange what will work in india and by adopting which revenue model. I wouldn't blame Disney for experimenting in content as they themselves would be confused which audience can be tapped properly. We grew up on old series but most our age r working now and do not get much time to watch tv, disney like other channels has tried to add new shows so as to capture attention of those in teen or 18-24 bracket. As i said we r an audience where each one has favourite content but not willing to pay appropriate price, result is majority governs what rules on TV. Till this changes i do not see niche content having much scope on channels specially with OTT taking over landscape
What's difficult to scale? Current generation are hooked with Youtube, Voot and Tik Tok. You (Disney) didn't give them proper content growing up. They are hooked with daily soap and Indian teen shows on Zing, Bindass, MTV. Only us older generation watches these shows as we got the taste of it in late 2000s on Disney channel before Disney India got bought out by TV Asahi.

It's good if ID comes back and it is even better if Jeet Prime is discontinued as the latter is the height of stupidity. But I don't want ID to be only a Hindi channel which was the case earlier. It was positioned as a Hindi GEC which worked against it. Instead it should be positioned as an infotainment channel. It should have both English and Hindi feeds.
Disney International SD may be launched by Disney/Star to complement the HD channel. At least Disney knows that there is a demand for live-action Disney Channel shows.

If somehow the Star World Premiere HD licence can be converted into Disney Channel HD, it will be nice. Unfortunately Star and Disney are registered as separate companies, though one is a subsidiary of the other.

Had shared the point regarding positioning ID as infotainment channel with multi language feeds with social media account of discovery india as well as Ms.Tata. I think they will do these changes on relaunch. U r right it was quite illogical to present it as Hindi GEC during entry in India as neither its content matches this genre nor it can compete with major GEC interms of ratings. This was why it flopped despite having healthy viewership. They need to go Epic Channel way this time.

Coming to Disney International having both SD and HD feed, well i don't think this will happen. They have already seen that with HD penetration is limited bcoz of various factors and this channel will not work by adopting high subscription fee model. What can work is furthering reach by converting to SD and thus generating ad revenue. Star World Premiere HD ain't going anywhere, infact they r revitalizing the content on it and making it attractive, currently it is working on lines of their "Select" branding thus airing shows which r nice but have limited appeal. What can happen is later they can launch its SD feed and make inroads with shows commanding wider acceptance

What's difficult to scale? Current generation are hooked with Youtube, Voot and Tik Tok. You (Disney) didn't give them proper content growing up. They are hooked with daily soap and Indian teen shows on Zing, Bindass, MTV. Only us older generation watches these shows as we got the taste of it in late 2000s on Disney channel before Disney India got bought out by TV Asahi.

Bhai, Go into research what Disney tried much upto 2015, tested all waters but had to settle for doraemon, shinchan etc. as it clicked well. Even Discovery Kids started with excellent foreign shows but again kids ignored it. Channels can go to certain extent to promote content but audience has final choice. U and me would like old shows but kids of today have little affinity for it bcoz as u said they have grown up on plethora of choices thus leaving hardly any time to hold and appreciate worthy content.

See even what happened in hindi movie genre, all channels stuffed with dubbed south Indian content and bollywood fans left unattended. There r people who would love to watch good bollywood films but again channels r listening to majority. I am sure that larger audience will not watch movie like Guru, Swades, Mission Kashmir, Delhi 6, What's Your Rashee , New York, Aamir, Oye Lucky Lucky Oye, Rang De Basanti, Khosla Ka Ghosla, Yaadein ... Let alone these even masala ones like Josh, Kaal, Naquaab, Style, Yess Boss, Fanaa, Ta Ra Rum Pum, Salaam Namaste, Dostana, Tere Mere Sapne, Ye Kya Ho Raha Hai, Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein, Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa, Namastay London and many more lie idle in movie library of channels. Until people start paying of tastes change, things r not going to get better... Let's see how And Xplor performs

I think Disney International HD will be converted into Disney HD. Then Star World Premiere HD will be added with Disney original series.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock