Reliance Digital TV HD DVR FAQ

Maveli

Reaction score
Product Features & Functions

Interface

What is Reliance Digital TV HDDVR?

Reliance Digital TV HDDVR is the High Definition Digital Video Recorder from Reliance Digital TV. With this service, you can decode HD channels, enjoy 5 times sharper video quality than the traditional Analog Video, record and pause Live TV

What is HDMI? What advantage does HDMI have over Composite or Component Video?

HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) is a Digital Output Interconnect found on HDDVR used to play High Definition Video which will give more sharper video quality than analog outputs such as Composite and Component Video. HDMI also transfers Digital Audio to TV If you have a High Definition TV (HDTV), it is advisable to use HDMI cable

How do I locate HDMI connector on TV?

HDMI is often found on High Definition TV. Search for ‘HDMI’ label at the rear or side panel of your HDTV. Refer to the User Manual or contact your TV manufacturer/showroom

Can I purchase any HDMI cable from the market or is there any specification to ask for?

It is recommended to buy HDMI revision 1.3 or later which is easily available. Keep the cable length as short as possible, enough to reach the TV ideally around 1.2 metre. Gold plated connectors provide best quality video and life. Try to connect the HDDVR directly to the TV. Cable shall not be twisted and keep away from electrical or wireless interference

Does Standard Definition channels show any better on HDDVR?

Yes, All Standard Definition channels are up-scaled to High Definition resolution by your HDDVR at the best possible way. However, viewing experience of HD channels will be better compared to up-scaled video

Does my HDDVR give me only High Definition Video experience?

HDDVR gives the best of viewing experience using your HDTV, both in terms of Video and Graphical User Interface. A unique feature called HDUI is available in Reliance Digital TV HDDVR. This is automatically enabled if you watch HDDVR on HDTV through HDMI.

Do I need to connect Audio connectors (Red and White connectors) to TV in addition to HDMI cable?

No, HDMI is capable of carrying Audio. So, once you connect using HDMI cable there is no need to plug the audio connectors. However, if you have a Audio device like Home Theatre or Audio amplifier, you can use a S/PDIF connector instead of HDMI. In such case, when the Audio device is ON, you should Mute your TV

What is the Ethernet and USB connectors on HD DVR used for?

These ports are provisioned for enhancements of service in future.

How do I enjoy HD quality content?

To enjoy high-definition viewing, both your HDDVR and your TV need to be HD capable. Your HDDVR needs to be connected to a HDTV to view and enjoy the real magic of HD content. A high quality HDMI cable is required to connect your HD-DVR to your HD TV. Users of HDDVR can also watch High Definition Video by connecting Component Video (Red, Green Blue connector on the HDDVR and TV). Reliance Digital TV has several High Definition Channels in its product package. Choose the right package that suits your interests and tune to them to enjoy High Definition Video

Can I record HD content/channels? Is the HD channel recorded in HD?

Yes, you can record Live High Definition channels to which you have subscriptions rights. All HD content is recorded in HD.
Note:
You are not allowed to record Cinema Channels: i.e. Monthly Subscription Cinema Channels and/or Choice Pay channels content. You will also not be able to record any iNTERACTIVE applications & Services.

Disclaimer: Our channel providers reserve the rights to disallow recording of any particular channel.

Digital Video Recording (DVR)

What is Reliance Digital TV HD DVR?

Reliance Digital TV HD DVR is the High Definition Digital Video Recorder from Reliance Digital TV. With this new service you can record, pause and play live TV programs and enjoy High Definition content.
With HDDVR you can

Record up to 200 hours of your favourite programs

Watch one programme while you record another

Pause & Play Live TV

Watch all your recordings anytime at press of a button

Set-Top-Box is High Definition ready to enjoy HIGH DEFINITION content.
(Kindly note, your TV must also be HIGH DEFINITION Ready to enjoy HD content).

How much content can I record? / How much hard-disk space do I have?

You can record up to 200 hours of Standard Definition content. The HD DVR comes with a 160 GB Hard Disk Drive (HDD).

How do I know how much disk space is available to record content?

Simply press the (My Content) key on your remote, the disk space indicator is displayed at the bottom of the My Content screen.

Can I record a program when the HDDVR / TV is switched off? I have set-up a recording for future but my HDDVR is switched off.

Your HD DVR must be ON or in STANDBY mode to be able to record a program. Power LED indicator on HDDVR front panel will turn Red in Standby mode. Your TV can be switched off when recording is in progress.

How many recordings can I do? Can I watch a different program on another channel while recording?

Yes with Reliance HD DVR you can:

Record 1 channel and watch another channel with Live TV Pause & Play control.
or Record and watch the same channel with Live TV Pause & Play control

Can I record two programs/channels simultaneously?

No, currently you cannot record two programs simultaneously at the same time. This will be enabled in future. You can Record 1 channel and watch another channel with Live TV Pause & Play control. Or Record and watch the same channel with Live TV Pause & Play control.

Can I record other content such as iNTERACTIVE applications & services, Cinema Services: Monthly Subscription Channels & Choice Pay channels content? Is recording possible for all content?

No, recording facility is available to record only LIVE TV and Radio channels to which you have subscription rights. You are not allowed to record any Cinema Channels content: i.e. Monthly Subscription Cinema Channels and/or Choice Pay channels content. You will also not be able to record any iNTERACTIVE applications & Services.

Disclaimer: Our channel providers reserve the rights to disallow recording of any particular channel.

Can I record HELP channel?

Yes, you can record the HELP channel and view it at your convenience. What’s more, you can rewind, forward, play and pause anytime you want.

Can I record Radio channels?

Yes, you can record Radio channels and enjoy listening to your recorded radio programs anytime.

Can I record locked channels?

Yes, you can record locked channels. You will need to enter your Parental Pin to first unlock and then view the recorded content.

What are the different types of recording?

There are three types of recordings: Instant Recording, Time based Recording and Event based Recording.

How do I know if recording is in progress?

Recording in progress for the program/channel is indicated by the Recording Icon indicator on the top-right corner of your TV screen. The AMBER colored LED is also lit on your Set-Top-Box.

Why are there two types of Recording Icons?

For Event-Based Recordings an icon RED DOT is displayed on screen
For Time-Based Recordings an icon RED DOT with Clock is displayed on screen

What is Instant Recording? How do I record a program I am watching?

Instant recording allows you to instantly start recording the program you are watching . To instantly start recording the channel/program you are watching, press the RECORD key on your remote. The recording will begin, the recording icon appears on top-right corner of your TV screen and the AMBER LED is lit on your Set-Top-Box.

How do I stop recording a program I am watching?

To stop recording the program/channel you are watching, simply press Stop key on your remote or go to my content select the current played recording and press stop to Record.

How long will the instant recording go on?

Instant recording is based on Event or Time and the recording duration limit is set to 2 hours as default. Duration of instant record can be modified via the Settings menu. You can set the instant record limit up-to 6 hours from DVR settings Menu.

How do I modify/change the Instant Recording Settings-Time Limit?

Duration of instant record limit can be modified via the Settings menu.
Go to Settings> DVR > DVR Settings
Navigate to Instant Record Limit, press OK to change the record limit duration
Press OK on CONFIRM to save the changes

Can I continuously record for more than 6 hours?

Yes, you can schedule a time based channel recording for upto 23 hours 59 minutes by selecting Time Based recording.

How do I record a program? (or) Can I record a program which will be shown/broadcast in future?

Simply press the ‘RECORD’ key on the channel you are watching to instantly start recording the program. Alternatively you can schedule recordings for future programs. Go to ‘Guide’ to view the program list. Choose the program you wish to record and press the (Record) key to set a recording for that program.

Note: HDDVR should be in Power ON (or) Standby Mode to be able to record content.

What is Time Based Recording?

Time-Based Recording allows you to set recordings for channels by defining a start time and duration. You can schedule time-based recordings for a channel for up to 14 days in advance.

To schedule a Time-Based Recording you need to define a start time and duration. You can schedule time-based recordings for up to 14 days in advance.

Schedule Time-Based Recording via GUIDE.

Go to (GUIDE), scroll to channel of choice (focus should be on channel name), press Record Key > Select Record by Time: New recording based on time pop-up opens. Define your recording by specifying the channel, day, start time and duration. You can also lock and protect your recordings.

Schedule Time-Based Recording via MY CONTENT

Go to (My Content), highlight Scheduled Recordings, press OK > sub-menu pops-up with options > Select Record by Time: New recording based on time pop-up opens. Define your recording by specifying the channel, day, start time and duration. You can also lock and protect your recordings.

What is the difference between Time-Based and Event-Based Recording?

Time-Based Recording allows you to set/schedule recordings for channels by defining a start time, day and duration. You can schedule time-based recordings for a channel for up to 14 days in advance.
Event (Program)-Based Recording allows recording of a particular program / event by name.

Can I CANCEL a recording that I have set-up?

Yes, you can CANCEL a recording that you have set-up anytime.

How to CANCEL a recording that I have set-up?

Press the (My Content) key on your Universal remote and go to Scheduled Recordings list. Select the scheduled recording you wish to cancel, press OK, sub-menu pops-up, select Delete, press OK to confirm. Your scheduled recording is cancelled, and listing is no longer available in My Content or Guide.

Note: The Record icon will go away/disappear from the GUIDE and Mini-Guide next to the program/event name, this indicates that no recording is scheduled or in progress for that event.

Where can I find my recorded content list?

All Your recorded content is available in My Content section. Simply press the (My Content) key on your remote and you will reach the screen where you can view all your recorded content listing. Recorded content listings is available in All Recordings or Personal Folders as set by you.

When /How many times can I watch what I recorded?

You can watch your recorded content any time as many times you wish.

Can I watch recorded content at the same time while recording a different program?

Yes. You can watch a recorded program while recording another program at the same time.

What do I do if the Hard Disk Drive (HDD) is full?

Your Reliance Digital TV HD DVR Set Top Box is an intelligent device such that it manages the Hard Disk Space to automatically delete OLD recorded content and make space for new content.

Note:
You can protect the recorded content – i.e. when space is required for recording, a pop-up option to delete an earlier recorded content will appear. If the content is ‘not protected’ then by default the content will get automatically deleted when there is space requirement for new recording. When recorded content is unprotected, the earliest recording will get deleted first.

What is the difference between Locked and Protected Content?

Lock allows you to LOCK your recorded content similar to locking channels. Your Parental Pin is required to unlock a recorded content for viewing just like unlocking a channel for viewing. Protect ensures that your recorded content does not get deleted automatically from the hard-drive. You will be prompted to delete a recording if hard-disk space is required for recording a new program.

How can I ensure that my recorded content it does not get deleted automatically?

PROTECT feature ensures that your recorded content does not get deleted automatically from the hard-drive. You will be prompted to delete a recording if hard-disk space is required for recording a new program.

To 'PROTECT' you recorded content:

Go to your recorded content list in My Content. Select Recording of choice, press OK, sub-menu opens>Select Change Parameters and press OK>select 'Protect, press Ok>Select 'YES' and press OK>Press OK again on CONFIRM to save settings.

What happens if there is a power outage/cut while recording?

Yes in case of power failure or cut the recording will resume upon power resumption and these files (recorded file before power failure and recorded file post power resumption) are stored under 'Broken Recordings' folder. You can access the broken folder and move these recording to a folder of your choice through change parameters option in the contextual menu.

Is there a validity period for my recorded content?

If you have set ‘PROTECT’ parameter to your recorded content, it will not be deleted till you decide to delete it. For recorded content which is unprotected, it will get deleted automatically when hard-disk space is required for additional recording.

By design, the earliest unprotected recorded content gets deleted first.

Note:
once deleted, you cannot retrieve/view your recorded content. It is recommended to enable ‘PROTECT’ for recordings that you wish not to be deleted.

Can I also set/schedule recording via MINI-GUIDE? How do I schedule recording via MINI-GUIDE?

Via MINI-GUIDE, you can

instantly start recording the current event/program

schedule recording of next event/program

instantly start recording channel (by time)

Instant current Event Recordining via Mini-Guide

Tune to TV channel and press UP/DOWN arrow key (mini-guide appears)

Navigate and select a channel (focus should be on channel name) and press right arrow key to go to Current Event tab (Highlight Current Event tab) and press OK (contextual menu-pop up appears)

Select 'Record' from the contextual menu and press OK. (The selected event starts recording. The recording icon indicator appears on mini-guide)

To manually stop current event recording on watched channel, go to current event contextual menu pop-up again, instead of ‘Record’ option the ‘STOP’ option is displayed. Press OK on Stop to stop recording of Current Event.

Note:
The event recording will stop automatically on end of event.
Schedule Next Event Recordining via Mini-Guide

Invoke Mini-Guide

Navigate and select a channel (focus should be on channel name) and press right arrow key to go to Next Event tab (Highlight NEXT Event tab) and press OK (contextual menu-pop up appears)

Select 'Record' from the contextual menu and press OK. (The selected event is set for recording. The recording icon indicator appears on mini-guide. The Event recording will start at the defined time. Note Your HDDVR must be on or in StandBy to record).

To canel next event recording, go to next event contextual menu pop-up again, instead of ‘Record’ option the ‘Delete’ option is displayed. Press OK on Delete to cancel the scheduled recording.

Time-Based Recording via Mini-Guide

Invoke Mini-Guide, navigate to channel name of choice (focus should be on channel name)

Press ‘Record’ button on remote. The channel recording starts instantly.

How can I stop / prevent my recorded content from getting deleted?

Reliance Digital TV HD DVR gives you the ‘PROECT’ feature to stop your recordings from getting automatically deleted. You can set the ‘PROTECT’ tag to your already recorded content and also to your scheduled recording event. You can also choose to enable ‘PROTECT’ for all scheduled recordings by default.

To PROTECT a recorded content

Select the RECORDED Content Name from My Content>All Recordings / Preferred Folder>Select Recorded Content Name>Click OK>Sub-Menu Opens>Select Change Parameters>Select Protect>YES.

To PROTECT all recordings scheduled by default

Go to Home>Settings>DVR>DVR Settings>Sub-Menu Opens>Set ‘Protect Indefinitely’ to YES> Click OK on CONFIRM

All your recordings will now be protected, i.e. you will be given a prompt to delete the recording when space is required for additional recordings.

What is the difference between Record and Customized Record?

Record by EVENT/program, schedules the recording of the selected event/program by the Event Start Time and recording will STOP on the end of that event/program as per the GUIDE information.

The customized recording function allows to schedule recording of future events/program with some additional custom options / default parameters.

What is Customized Record? When I go to schedule a recording by event, I see another option 'Customized Record – what are the Customized Record Option?

The customized recording function allows to schedule recording of future events/programs with some additional custom options / default parameters.

Go to 'Guide' (press GUIDE button on remote)

Select a channel of choice and go to the event list. Press OK on a future event name, contextual menu pop-up opens.

Select Customized 'Record' and press OK

Set the Customized Event Based Parameters (as required), highlight the 'RECORD' option and Press OK

Customized Recording based on Event enables you to Modify Name of Event

Add time padding before and after event. i.e. You can add extra time in minutes to your scheduled recording, so as to ensure that you do not miss the beginning and the end of your recorded program.
(The recording is scheduled by event name, go to the channel event/program list in guide, the recording icon is displayed next to the event name)

If recording is set by time e.g. for 2 hours or more (which includes more than one program), will the recorded content by visible as separate events in My Content list?

No, all recordings based on time are displayed as a single recorded content.

If recording is set by event for programs that are longer than the regular 30 minutes, e.g. for a cricket match or movie, will the content be fully recorded?

Yes the complete event will be recorded. It is however recommended to add time-padding when you schedule

If a channel has multi-lingual audio will the recordings also have multi-audio? Can I view recorded content in different languages (only if multi-audio was available on that channel while recording) even if recorded in English / vice versa?

If you are recording a program on a channel where multi-audio is available, then the program is recorded with all the audio language options available.

On factory reset, will all my recordings get deleted / will I loose all my recordings?

No, on factory reset, you recorded content will not get deleted.

Control Live TV: Rewind | Pause & Play | Forward

What do you mean by Pause & Play Live TV? What are the benefits of the pause live TV feature?

Often, while watching your favorite TV program you may be interrupted by a phone call or a doorbell. With the instant Pause Live TV feature, you can now PAUSE the program you are watching, answer the phone call and resume watching from where you left off. This is similar to the way you PAUSE a movie on a DVD player.
Simply press the Pause key on your remote to ‘pause’ the Live TV program you are watching, press Play to resume. You can also rewind the paused content and forward to catch-up with Live TV.

For how long can I Pause Live TV?

You will be able to watch past 30 minutes of Live TV using the Pause feature

What is / Can I Rewind Live TV?

Yes, you can Rewind Live TV upto 30 minutes from the time you started viewing the particular channel. Simply press the ‘REWIND’ key on your remote to go back and enjoy the program. Use the Forward key to catch-up with the Live TV anytime. Use Skip key to jump 30 seconds forward

Can I / How do I catch-up with Live TV program if I have paused Live TV?

Simply press the Forward key on you remote, the content will forward till the point it will reach the Live Channel and start playing. The trick-play panel at the bottom of your screen display the time bar and counter.

My Content

What is My Content?

My Content lists your Recorded Content list (recordings saved in All Recordings and/or Personal Folders) and Scheduled Recordings list.

How do I go to My Content?

Press the My Content key on your remote to directly go to My Content Or Go to Home>My Content

What does the disk icon with % of disk space available indicate? How do I know how much disk space is available to record content?

The disk space indicator is displayed at the bottom of the My Content screen. This indicates the % of space available for recording.

How can I view my recorded content list?

All Your recorded content is available in My Content section. Simply press the (My Content) key on your remote and you will reach the screen where you can view all your recorded content listing. Recorded content listings is available in All Recordings or Personal Folders as set by you.

If a channel has multi-audio (e.g CH 550 Discovery has Mutli-audio) will the recording also have multi-audio?

Can I view recorded content in different languages (only if multi-audio was available on that channel while recording) even if recorded in English / vice versa?

If you are recording a program on a channel where multi-audio is available, then the program is recorded with all the audio language options available.

When you are viewing your multi-audio recorded content in full screen, invoke the mini-guide, focus on the recording name, press OK, the sub-menu pops up with Change Language & Subtitle option, press OK and select the language.

Recorded Content Playback

How do I view my RECORDED CONTENT in full screen?

All Your recorded content is available in My Content section.

Simply press the (My Content) key on your remote and you will reach the screen where you can view all your recorded content listing

Recorded content listings is available in All Recordings or Personal Folders as set by you

Select the Recorded Content you wish to watch>sub-menu pops-up>click OK on ‘WATCH’>the recorded content is now played in full screen

Can I control (rewind/pause/forward) my Recorded Content?

Yes You can control your recorded content just like a DVD – you can use multi-speed rewind and fast forward, pause, stop and play. You can watch your recorded content with full controls any time as many times you wish.

How do I go back to LIVE TV from my RECORDED CONTENT playback? I cannot go to live TV instantly from my recorded content.

If you are watching you recorded content in full screen and want to go back to Live TV Channel, simply press the EXIT key and you will be tuned to your last viewed TV channel.

Feature to be made available in future: (for information only)

Note: Features to be made available in near future

Press 'STOP' key to stop recorded content playback. A sub-menu pops-up with options to:

Go to Live TV - this will tune you to your last viewed TV channel

Resume Play – this will start playback of your recorded content from where you has last stopped it

Start Over from the beginning – with will start playback of your recorded content from the beginning

Go to My Content – this will take you back to the My Content screen

Do I always have to go back to MY CONTENT folder to select Recorded Content and then view in full screen? When I am watching my recorded content in full screen, I do not get the regular mini-guide.

When you are viewing recorded content in full-screen, the mini-guide displays all your recorded content list. Simply select the recording you want to watch and press OK.

Can I view my recorded content if smart card is not inserted?

No, your recorded content will not playback in full screen/PIG if your smart card is not inserted correctly in the HDDVR.

How many times can I watch my recorded content?

You can watch your recorded content any time as many times you wish.

Can I watch recorded content at the same time while recording a different program?

Yes. You can watch a recorded program while recording another program at the same time.

Recorded Content: Setting Bookmarks & Bookmarks Management

What are BOOKMARKS? How do I set bookmarks?

Bookmarks are equivalent to chapters on a DVD. The BOOOKMARKS feature on RELIANCE DIGITAL TV HDDVR allows you to set custom tags to a recorded event so that you can quickly jump/skip back and forth between your tagged content. Now no need to rewind/forward to go to your favourite scene or song.

How do I set bookmarks to my recorded content?

Bookmarks can only be set during playback of Recorded Content in full screen.

On press of Pause/Rewind/Fwd keys during playback of Recorded Content, the associated trick panel is displayed on screen.

Press 'OK' at desired point to place a BOOKMARK.

Use Next/Previous arrows keys to jump between BOOKMARKS.

How many bookmarks can I set?

A maximum of 30 bookmarks is permitted.

How do I modify / edit / delete my bookmarks?

Yes you can modify/delete your set bookmarks.

Go to My Content>select a Recorded Event Name from list and click OK>contextual menu pops-up>select Bookmarks and click OK.

Note: On selection of Recorded Event, the associated video Content is already displayed/plays in PIG. Also only if you have set ‘BOOKMARKS’ in full screen playback mode for that content, does the option ‘Bookmarks’ appear in the Contextual Menu for that Recorded Event in My Content

On click of BOOKMARKS from contextual menu, the BOOKMARKS Configuration Pop-Up for selected event opens. (Focus is located on list of available actions-Rename, Delete, Confirm and Cancel). Selected BOOKMARK haptin icon is marked in ‘RED’ – Rename/Delete actions are applicable only to a selected/highlighted BOOKMARK.

Rename (edit): virtual keyboard opens. By default, the bookmark name is the elapsed time from the beginning of the recording, in hh : mm : ss. format:

Delete: Deletes BOOKMARK.

Confirm: Confirms modifications performed on bookmark name and closes the pop-up.

Cancel: Cancels all deletions and modifications performed on bookmark name and closes the pop-up.

DVR Settings & Folder Management

What DVR setting customizations/options are available?

DVR settings allows you to customize the default DVR settings and set certain parameters at one time for all recordings. It also allows you to relocate the broken recordings (occurs in case of resume record due to signal lost, power cut scenarios) to a folder of your choice.

Customization Options available allow you to:

set time padding of upto 15 minutes for recording before and after the event/program

set instant record limit (for time based recording) of upto 6 hours

store all your recordings by default in folder of your choice

set jump forward and instant replay time upto 3 minutes

protect all recordings from getting auto-deleted

enable/disable disk-full warning message

enable/disable bookmark settings feature

How do I modify/change the DVR settings?

To change your DVR settings, go to Home>Settings>DVR>DVR Settings, click OK>DVR Settings pop-up opens. DVR settings allows you to customize the default DVR settings and set certain parameters at one time for all recordings.

The DVR SETTINGS pop-up options are as follows:

Record before the start: Add time padding: Start to record 5, 10 or 15 minutes before the actual program begins (recording based-on-event option)

Record after the start: Add time padding : Continue to record 5, 10 or 15 min after end of program (recording based on event option).

Instant Record Limit: Set Instant Record Limit to end of event, 2, 3, 4 or 6 hours. Instant Record limit is applicable to Time-Based recording, and recording will stop on completion of the instant record time duration set.
Default duration of Instant Recording is set to 2 hours. E.g. If you are watching channel 552 and press the ’RECORD’ key from remote, channel 552 will start recording instantly and will continue to record for the time duration as set by you.

Preferred Folder: You can create Personal Folders via Folder Management. Once you create a folder, this folder name appears in Preferred Folder list. You can choose to put your recordings in the personal folder of your choice. (Personal folders created through Settings>DVR>DVR Settings>Folder Management.

Skip Forward (Jump Forward): Allows you to customize how many minutes/seconds by which you wish to skip/jump forward the recorded video content.

Instant Replay (Jump Back): Allows you to customize how many minutes/seconds by which you wish to skip/jump back the recorded content and it will replay from that point.

Protect Indefinitely: Option to determine whether the DVR should automatically free up space by deleting unprotected files.

Disk Full Warning: Option to set if you wish to be informed of recording space left on hard-disk.

Bookmarks: Enables bookmark feature. i.e. Allows creating bookmarks on recorded content, while playback one can jump between bookmarked content.

Can I / How do I modify/change the Instant Recording Settings-Time Limit?

Duration of instant record limit can be modified via the Settings menu.
Go to Settings> DVR > DVR Settings

Navigate to Instant Record Limit, press OK to change the record limit duration

Press OK on CONFIRM to save the changes

When I change the default setting for Instant recording from 2 hrs to 'end of event', the icon on mini guide does not change?

Instant Record limit is applicable to Time-Based recording, and recording will stop on completion of the instant record time duration set - in this case 'end of event'. Hence the recording icon continue to be the time-based icon.

Up-to how many hours can I set the default Instant Record Limit?

Instant Record Limit can be set for up-to 6 hours.

What is the minimum and maximum duration on time padding?

You can set a minimum of 5 minutes and maximum of 15 minutes time-padding. Option to set No-Padding is also available.

How do I / Can I set to PROTECT ALL future scheduled recordings by default so that they donot get deleted automatically?

Yes, you can set to 'PROTECT' All your scheduled recording by default.

Go to Home>Settings>DVR>DVR Settings> Navigate to 'Protect Indefinitely' option>select ‘YES’>press OK on 'Confirm' to save the changes.

How do I create personal folders for storing my recordings? What is preferred folder?

You can create upto 5 Personal Folders via Folder Management settings to store your recordings. Once you create a folder, this folder name appears in Preferred Folder list. You can choose to put your recordings in the personal folder of your choice.

To create a Personal Folders:

Go to Home>Settings>DVR> >Folder Management
Press OK on 'New Folder' item, virtual keyboard pop-up opens.
Enter a Unique folder name and press OK to confirm.

Note: folder creation process is similar to creating favourite channels list).

How many personal folders can be created via Settings>DVR>Folder Management?

You can create upto 5 Personal Folders via Folder Management settings to store your recordings.

What are the Folder Management options available?

Folder Management allows you to create upto 5 Personal Folders to store your recordings. Once you create a personal folder, you can rename, lock or delete the folder as well.

Folder Management Options:

Go to Home>Settings>DVR>Folder Management

Press OK on existing folder name, the sub-menu appears, following action options are available:

Rename:

Opens virtual keyboard pop-up.
Enter new name and press OK to confirm. The folder is renamed.

Lock / Unlock: If a folder is 'Locked' to Unlock, enter your Parental PIN Code, This is the same Parental PIN Code set by you to unlock channels. 0000 is the default parental PIN code.

Delete: Deletes the folder without confirmation, only if the folder is empty

Note: to delete a personal folder, if the folder is not empty, you must first delete/or move all recordings available in this folder (from My Content) and then delete folder from DVR Settings>Folder Management. User prompts (message pop-ups) are given to user to follow the instructions).

How do I / Can I delete Personal Recordings folders?

Yes, personal folders can be ‘DELETED’ via Folder Management settings.

To delete a personal folder

Go to Home>Settings>DVR>Folder Management

Select folder you wish to delete>press OK>pop-up menu opens>select Delete and press OK

Deletes the folder without confirmation, only if the folder is empty

Note: to delete a personal folder, if the folder is not empty, you must first delete/or move all recordings available in this folder (from My Content) and then delete folder from DVR Settings>Folder Management. User message is displayed onscreen if folder is not empty.

How do I / Can I PROTECT my Personal Recording folders from being deleted automatically?

Your personal folders cannot/will not be deleted automatically. You will need to manually select and delete your personal folder.

Note: Protect feature is not available to ‘PROETCT’ personal folders

How do I / Can I lock my Personal Recording folders?

Yes, personal folders can be ‘LOCKED’ via Folder Management settings. You will be required to enter your personal Parental PIN to unlock the folder to access your recorded content.To lock a personal folder, go to Home>Settings>DVR>Folder Management, select the personal folder name and click OK>sub-menu opens>select ‘Lock’ option. Your personal folder is now locked.

Customer Premise Equipment

What all equipment will I receive when I purchase a Reliance DIGITAL TV HD DVR connection?

On purchase of your Reliance DIGITAL TV HD DVR service, you will get a GSK (Get Started Kit) which contains your Get Started Voucher and Get Started Guide.

The Reliance DIGITAL TV Installation Executive will carry all the Customer Premise equipment such as:

1 Reliance DIGITAL TV Smart Card
1 HD DVR Set Top Box
1 Reliance DIGITAL TV Universal Remote with 2 AA Batteries
1 External Power Adaptor
1 RCA Cable
1 Set-Up-Guide

DISH Antenna, LNB, and cables as required for wiring etc

Why is it required to have two cables and wiring for HDDVR?

It is required to have two RF cables connected to the HDDVR for Record function to work. RF cable connected to Tuner-1 is for watching Live TV and cable connected to Tuner-2 is for Record

What should I do in case of any problem with my HD DVR Set-Top-Box?

Please call the Reliance DIGITAL TV Customer Care on 1800 900 2001. Our Customer Care Executive will help you with the recommended course of action.

What happens to all my recorded content in case of a Hard Disk failure?

In case of a failure on the Hard Disk of your HD DVR Set Top Box, the Set-Top-Box will need to be replaced. Your recorded content cannot be retrieved.

Note: All recorded content is secured and content right protected to your existing Set-Top-Box. Hence, recorded content cannot be transferred / copied to another hard-disk or HDDVR.

Is there a warranty on the recorded content?

There is no warranty on the recorded content.

What is the ideal location to keep/place the HD DVR Set-Top-Box?

The RELIANCE DIGITAL TV Installation Executive will ensure that the HD DVR is placed appropriately. Place the HDDVR in a well ventilated and no heat environment.

Are there any special power requirements for the HD DVR Set-Top Box/Recorder? What is the Power Supply requirement/specification?

HDDVR consumes more power than the regular Set Top Box. Ideally, AC power supply should be in the range of 190-250 Volts

Will my existing Reliance DIGITAL TV remote work with the HD DVR Set Top Box?

You will need the new RELIANCE DIGITAL TV Universal remote to operate your HD DVR Set Top Box since the universal remote has additional keys to enable recording, play, pause, forward, rewind, etc. These keys are not available on your Zapper (existing) RELIANCE DIGITAL TV remote.

Note:
You can use your existing RELIANCE DIGITAL TV remote to operate the HD DVR for the existing basic RELIANCE DIGITAL TV functions such as navigation panel, volume control, channel change, go to Home, Guide, Select, Cinema, iINTERACTIVE,, and Services section.

My Reliance DIGITAL TV Universal Remote is not working with my TV / DVD player?

The RELIANCE DIGITAL TV Installation Executive will set-up your Universal Remote to operate your TV and DVD player. Please ensure that the correct mode KEY (i.e. TV | HDDVR | DVD) is active on the Universal Remote.

Note: Not all TV / DVD codes are supported. Please call the Reliance DIGITAL TV Customer Care on 1800 900 2001 for further assistance.

I do not have a HD TV can I still watch HD content because my HDDVR is HD?

To enjoy High Definition viewing, both your Set-Box and TV need to be HD ready. HD DVR needs to be connected to a HD TV to view HD content especially. Kindly note, a high quality HDMI cable is required to connect your HD DVR to your HD TV. With Reliance HD DVR you have the best of all: HD and DVR capability in one device. Your are future ready now!

Can I transfer/copy my recorded content onto an external hard-disk/ USB via USB port on the HD DVR?

No, USB port is provisioned for future use and is currently disabled/ not active for any application/transfers. All recorded content is secured and content right protected to your existing Set-Top-Box. Hence, recorded content cannot be transferred / copied to another hard-disk or HDDVR.

The HD DVR has a USB port, can I connect a USB and view my personal/saved content through the HDDVR?

The USB port is provisioned for future use and is currently disabled/non active and HDDVR does not support generic file formats for display.

What is the SPDIF port on the rear panel of the HDDVR? Can I connect my Home Theatre / Hi-Fi Audio System to the HDDVR?

SPDIF port is a Digital Audio output of the HDDVR and can be connected to a Home Theatre/ Hi Fi Audio System if it supports the SPDIF inputs.

their is lot more chance should be made for hd dvr , they have not updated software for hd dvr
from quite some time

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock