Reliance Ind acquires DEN and Hathway network

• Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 88
  • Views: Views 24,342
Earlier local operators were able to give the complete channels within Rs.250 and that was their major weapon to survive against DTH. Now the rates are equal then people will go to the quality service provided by DTHs or Cable network run by corporates.
Do you think that the same money is increased or decreased after new rule?

You are looking at retail level whereas I was telling at wholesale level while referring same money.

It's obvious if you buy in bulk amount then you will get big discount that was the case earlier with large MSO like hathway, siti cable or dth. They have huge subscribers so that give them huge negotiation power.

So they got chs are much cheaper rate than small operators but under new rules small operator also get ch at same rate as large operator. Now you and I can form a mso and get star ch at same rate at which those large mso or dth gets from star India.

Isn't it a level of playing field ?

Last edited:
You are looking at retail level whereas I was telling at wholesale level while referring same money.

It's obvious if you buy in bulk amount then you will get big discount that was the case earlier with large MSO like hathway, siti cable or dth. They have huge subscribers so that give them huge negotiation power.

So they got chs are much cheaper rate than small operators but under new rules small operator also get ch at same rate as large operator. Now you and I can form a mso and get star ch at same rate at which those large mso or dth gets from star India.

Isn't it a level of playing field ?
It's just few months thing cable operater will give the higher pack at same 200-250 rate otherwise people will left them.
You also knows it's just new air 🤭

Rate is still not equal in cable & DTH.

My LCO (DEN) is charging ₹200 for all Hindi GEC + all Hindi movies + all Hindi News + all infotainment + all hindi music + Major English entertainment, news & movies channels + SS1 Hindi + SS3 + ESPN + Sony Six + Sony Ten 1 + Sony Ten 3 + Hungama + Pogo + Sony Yay + Disney + Nick + CN.

Earlier he was charging ₹175 for all SD channels.
There's no option to select pack or channels, if anyone wants any additional channels then it'll be added for everyone & after everyone's feedback.
Don't know about regional channels.
How can your lco give major channels in just 200rs when rates are similar for all?

How can your lco give major channels in just 200rs when rates are similar for all?
Don't know. May be he's not taking NCF.

Neither anyone asks him nor he says it himself. Here, people only want service, it doesn't matter how they're getting it.

@Cable TV suchna , you're already told many times not to post links about those news which is already shared here but still you're doing the same.

Don't know. May be he's not taking NCF.

Neither anyone asks him nor he says it himself. Here, people only want service, it doesn't matter how they're getting it.
Exactly.
This NCF is making huge negative impact on Cable/Satellite Bill, Though the DTH service providers are not offering better deal the local cable operator is offering quite a moderate rate.
Regarding JiO Cable we can assume that the consumer may get much better rates than DTH service provider.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock