Reliance Jio Media applies for pan-India MSO license

RE: Reliance Jio applies for MSO licence

so bro y airtel iptv services sticked to 2 places only. y they dint move up from there.

prateek1987 said:
so bro y airtel iptv services sticked to 2 places only. y they dint move up from there.

Thats a business decision, plus when they started they didnt had fibre optics all over. Airtel and Tata can start too coz they have the cable laid. Only issue is last mile tying up with LCO's PAN india will be the most difficult task they are in millions. If BSNL can give them the last mile connectivity (which they wont) they wont even need LCO's it will save a lot of cost.

bro.i cudn't understand u. y its a business decision. they also want to move on. they also wanted to earn more n more profits.

one more thing to clarify u bro..... airtel has its broadband via wire which i mean they r providing wifi, broadband, landline services n iptv through same wire.

in my area there r no iptv services but in my home town, in some other areas they r providing it , iptv services with the same wire.

so bro when i contacted them( bcoz its very good in facilities n very cheap also except set top box which costs u 5000rs), they simply denied it.

they told me it will cost them more n right now they have stopped to disseminate their iptv services further.

Currently its the last mile issue they are facing. They dont hve last mile fibre optics connectivity. plus in Delhi NCR there is a cable dominance.

cable dominance is everywhere bcoz of the illiteracy n purchasing power.
u shud understand the geographical power of india rather than regional power of india

prateek1987 said:
cable dominance is everywhere bcoz of the illiteracy n purchasing power.
u shud understand the geographical power of india rather than regional power of india

By cable dominance I mean good quality cable service which the small towns dont have. Apart from top 10 cities in India cable service is very poor in other places. In my city we do get 70-75 channels on cable @ Rs 200 but the channel quality is very bad after 40-45 channels.

bro....digitisation is still to take place on pa india level. by the way agree with u.
i have den networks, adtv n d2h on my 3 different tvs. people say den is bad as it is a cable service operator but my den stb is giving me good pq n aq which is way better than adtv n d2h.

den>adtv>d2h

prateek1987 said:
bro....digitisation is still to take place on pa india level. by the way agree with u.
i have den networks, adtv n d2h on my 3 different tvs. people say den is bad as it is a cable service operator but my den stb is giving me good pq n aq which is way better than adtv n d2h.

den>adtv>d2h

Problem with cable is that in small town MSO's dont have money. I dont think they can handle digitisation. Although certain sections of people will still watch cable coz at 200 you get decent amount of channels and DTH for them is expensive and will become more expensive. Bad thing is high income customers will move to DTH.

bro.......advantages of mso r very high n good as compare to dth

Hey Guys u have got all the news wrong.

Reliance currently has IPTV and DTH along with Mobile service which is owned by Reliance Anil Ambani Group.

Reliance Jio, which has taken Pan India MSO (Digital Cable MSO) License is owned by Reliance Industries. Muskesh Ambani.

In India IPTV is a failed concept and Idea, hence all want to jump to Digital cable services.
And as Prateek bro said Digital Cable MSO have more advanced technology then DTH.

@sagar.patnail bro, the pan india fibre optic that ur saying is being laid down by Jio for 4G LTE and Digital cable services, it has nothing to do with IPTV, as its failed concept.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock