Good News Replaced my Flextronics HD Box with Cal Comp HD Smart Box

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 97
  • Views: Views 18,963
1) Is the HD and SD PQ and SQ quality is still better than Huawei HD box? I don't think so
2) Does this set top box send Dolby Digital plus to though hdmi when an appropriate track is being played through a pen drive? Need to check this. I'll confirm later
3) I am currently using Sun direct dish and sun direct receiver for my Airtel Huawei box. Will a new 90 cm dish (my terrace is surrounded by trees) and a better receiver improves quality. I get signal strength as 78 (green) and signal quality one bar below 12 (yellow) reading BER 4.94 to 5.93 E-05. Your signal seems ok to me.
4) what is the cheapest way to get this new set top box retaining the old Huawei? Can go with ad on but that would cost STB cost and subscription. And being a cardless STB I'm not sure I can replace Huawei with this for all the benefits for the main STB and not for the Add ON. Replacing is tough. You can get the box easily with new connection.
5) Will getting a new connection is cheaper than the above option, of course with 90 cm dish? New connection is costlier
6) is there some other way out? No
If this STB is better in terms of PQ and AQ in both. SD and HD, I don't mind ditching the old Huawei box. I don't think so. Huawei is also a great box.
Thanks a lot, siva.

Right now only Cal comp box that too the smart choice one is available so you can't get Technicolor or flextronics.
Regarding signal strength, all boxes have same signal strength, it doesn't change with change in box. Only slight difference in PQ that too in some boxes.
As per the users, Huawei is having the best PQ but now it's not available.
Yes. Its weird that the PQ in my home with a Huawei box is better than PQ of any TVs in Shops which uses TATA SKY dishes. The difference is so obvious.

Yes. Its weird that the PQ in my home with a Huawei box is better than PQ of any TVs in Shops which uses TATA SKY dishes. The difference is so obvious.
Yes Bro Airtel has Superior PQ On HD Channels and Huawei Box makes it more sharper and best. You will feel the difference.

I think
So which HD box has the best tuner/signal strength: Huawei, Flextronics or Cal Comp box? Coz I want to use it outside India. So right now only Cal Comp box will be available in market?
I think cal comp box

Airtel beats tata sky hands down in HD. Picture quality is marginally better and audio quality is miles better. This is the reason I am sticking with airtel despite some teething issues in connecting my airtel box with home theater.

PS: I have used tata sky for almost one and a half year and now using airtel from May 2018.

@ajuvignesh

2) Does this set top box send Dolby Digital plus to though hdmi when an appropriate track is being played through a pen drive? I have checked and yes, DD audio works through pen drive as well.

just got this box with my new connection, my built in cam module on tv is giving problems and hence the upgrade, have used airtel with STB long back as well, great to see the new UI with this box, channel quality have to check once it is activated.

Hi bros, I have a query is it ok to change box with inbuilt vc card or I should I go with box without inbuilt card, as I am asking bcoz in case there's any problem in vc how would they change it.

Hi bros, I have a query is it ok to change box with inbuilt vc card or I should I go with box without inbuilt card, as I am asking bcoz in case there's any problem in vc how would they change it.
There will not be any problems in inbuilt VC card anytime, also that card can be changed by opening the box by technician.
I have Videocon inbuild HD box with inbuilt card which I have opened and see the small card inside it, it is like a sim card.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock