Republic now enters to international

• Thread starter Aksgr
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 34
  • Views: Views 5,285
There's WION TV which caters international news mostly

My point being that it is not being watched internationally and is not yet available on international platforms. For example, CNN from the U.S., BBC from the UK, RT from Russia, France 24 from France, DW from Germany and Al Jazeera from Qatar are actually present and influential in the international markets. That said, they hire reporters from all countries and give an international presentation. I think WION is still mostly catering to the Indian audience.

Last edited:
My point being that it is not being watched internationally and is not yet available on international platforms. For example, CNN from the U.S., BBC from the UK, RT from Russia, France 24 from France, DW from Germany and Al Jazeera from Qatar are actually present and influential in the international markets. That said, they hire reporters from all countries and give an international presentation. I think WION is still mostly catering to the Indian audience.
No bro wion is one of leading english channels in srilanka, bangladesh, Singapore and other south east asian countries.
Wion is also the no.1 international channel in some African and west asian countries.
Wion has its presence in 75+ countries

No bro wion is one of leading english channels in srilanka, bangladesh, Singapore and other south east asian countries.
Wion is also the no.1 international channel in some African and west asian countries.
Wion has its presence in 75+ countries

I'm not sure about Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, but in Singapore, StarHub TV's World News group consists of BBC World News, CGTN, CNBC, CNN, Fox News and Sky News only, all of which have channel numbers that are grouped together in the 700s. WION is not even mentioned on their website. However, WION's Wikipedia page says it's available on channel 156, which would indicate that it's grouped with the other Indian channels available on their platform. I'm not trying to claim that only Indians or South Asians subscribe to this channel, but it's still not given the exposure/presence as the other world news channels, given that it is not even included in the World News package. I wish an Indian news channel could truly become as global as a CNN, but as of yet, it hasn't happened.

I'm not sure about Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, but in Singapore, StarHub TV's World News group consists of BBC World News, CGTN, CNBC, CNN, Fox News and Sky News only, all of which have channel numbers that are grouped together in the 700s. WION is not even mentioned on their website. However, WION's Wikipedia page says it's available on channel 156, which would indicate that it's grouped with the other Indian channels available on their platform. I'm not trying to claim that only Indians or South Asians subscribe to this channel, but it's still not given the exposure/presence as the other world news channels, given that it is not even included in the World News package. I wish an Indian news channel could truly become as global as a CNN, but as of yet, it hasn't happened.
It is unfortunately true that it has not come to the recognition level of a CNN or an Al Jazeera. Its reach is limited. But that does not make it any less of an international channel.

Republic media networks , India's fastest growing news network announce that it will now enter international level.
Arnab disclosed this information few minutes ago saying it's time india conquer international media.

Asianet network and ARG outlier media will launch Republic world tv soon
Is it still jv between Asianet and AGR. Coz read that Arnab purchases all shares from Rajeev Chandrashekhar owner of Asianet.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock