Rs.500 for replacement of set top box hd

profsathya

Contributor
Reaction score
I lost my sound in digital tv hd, i contacted customer care. The executive said that set top box is faulty. They replaced it for rs.500 and got six months warranty for the box. Is this normal or extra?

profsathya said:
I lost my sound in digital tv hd, i contacted customer care. The executive said that set top box is faulty. They replaced it for rs.500 and got six months warranty for the box. Is this normal or extra?

no bro ,all hd channels sound is low only & not fault in ur set top box & customer care says wrong detail

You lost your sound, what did the engineer say?? If he said set top box is faulty then its ok. If customer care said set top box is faulty then he/she made a loss to Airtel :D coz a HD set top box costs between Rs 1150 - Rs 1500 and they hve to give you at 500 :D

I lost complete sound, not even low sound. The engineer came and checked it, he said that set top box is faulty. So he suggested me to change the box.

profsathya said:
I lost complete sound, not even low sound. The engineer came and checked it, he said that set top box is faulty. So he suggested me to change the box.

my suggestions please unplug av cable & hdmi cable & Power cable,Signal wire & Off the stb & Plug all the wire & i think problem in your av cable

hi vicky bro.

process to reset your box

press menu - settings- user settings- diagnostics- factory reset.

press factory reset and enter password 0000 and then press ok.

hopefully this will resolve your problem.

rahul1117kumar said:
hi vicky bro.

process to reset your box

press menu - settings- user settings- diagnostics- factory reset.

press factory reset and enter password 0000 and then press ok.

hopefully this will resolve your problem.

Thanks For Reply Rahul Bro &

profsathya bro please follow this procedure :tup

Thanks vicky bro, bro if you have any other query pls do post here i will definitely try to help you out as i wont be able to reply back via pm as my pm is not working as i am unable to send pm.

Actually i followed all those procedures, switching off removing cables etc..but nothing was fruitful. I also tried resetting to factory setting no use. This thread was started to know whether rs.500 for replacement was there or not? Right from today there is no picture coming, blank screen. i have done all the procedures. Problem with stb.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock