Sadashiv Amrapurkar on the small screen

kramkumar

Contributor
Reaction score
tczsV.jpg

For those who couldn't have enough of the wicked side of Sadashiv Amrapurkar, the good news is that this sinister baddie of the big screen is all set to appear in a TV serial in all his ominous avatar .

Whether it was in his role as the evil brothel-house owner 'Maharani' in the film "Sadak", (which even landed him awards) or the character of a corrupt police inspector and a deceitful lawyer, Sadashiv has mastered the genre of the eerie villain in Bollywood, barring a few odd moments when he has mad a comic appearance.

Set to feature in a channel's magnum opus, " Shobha Somnath Ki", Sadashiv is essaying the character of Rudrabhada in this historical drama. "Rudrabhada is an unpleasant, evil priest who uses dark forces and supernatural powers to grant his devotees their wishes which come true but at the cost of some other tragedy that befalls them," says Sadashiv about his character.

The serial that is slated for June this year is the first TV stint for the actor who follows the line of film biggies vying for the smaller screen space. "This is my first foray on television and I am excited about it. The audience has accepted me on the big screen as the bad guy for over 30 years now. So, they shouldn't be surprised to see me cast my evil spell on screen yet again," says Sadashiv.

And what urged him to join the serial was its sheer magnitude. "Shobhaa Somnath Ki" is a very inspiring tale set in Bharuch many centuries ago. I will be the epitome of all things bad in the plot. The show is being made on a massive canvas, with extensive research and fine detailing to bring alive its authenticity. I look forward to my viewers hating me and cursing me all over again."

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock