Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

As i have said if views reach designated people then it always yields some outcome, just sending message to channel pages or handles does not work most times bcoz these r managed by 3rd party firms and there is no guarantee of feedback getting processed or passed on to broadcasters
How do you manage to get the right contact?

How do you manage to get the right contact?

Have to be very observant and remember things well while reading articles so that when need be i can search for concerned people on Twitter and share feedback. If i forget or do not know names of people associated with concerned broadcaster then i research on internet and go to Twitter to do the rest of the task.

Max2 will premiere these Bhatt Camp movies uncut - dushman, sangharsh, ghulam, tamanna, murder, criminal, junoon. It seems they have again entered into deal with vishesh films after Star India contract expired. Even movies like Jannat hopped to Sony,,few others left which will jump boat soon their term period ends
I watched junoon on star gold but they cut the songs & few scenes

I watched junoon on star gold but they cut the songs & few scenes

Star has been doing this since long, later Zee also started and does this sometimes at present to finish movie in shorter time. Sony does not delete songs but cuts and joins clips to shorten length ... Same they do with scenes. Most of the long duration movies r impacted with this, shorter ones get spared except by Star India.

Watched Koi Mil Gaya on DD Bharati and had much better experience than seeing on Sony Network

Last edited:
Max2 will premiere these Bhatt Camp movies uncut - dushman, sangharsh, ghulam, tamanna, murder, criminal, junoon. It seems they have again entered into deal with vishesh films after Star India contract expired. Even movies like Jannat hopped to Sony,,few others left which will jump boat soon their term period ends
But still Vishesh Films banner movies syndication deal with B4u movies and housefull movies
Kalyug , Awarapan , gangster and many Bhatt banner movies Telecasting every week many times on b4u movies

Vishesh Films upcoming Big movie Sadak 2 Co produced by fox Star studios
Looks like this movie Satellite Rights with Star Gold
I think Star also Renew Bhatt banner movies

But still Vishesh Films banner movies syndication deal with B4u movies and housefull movies
Kalyug , Awarapan , gangster and many Bhatt banner movies Telecasting every week many times on b4u movies

Yes, Vishesh films rights r scattered across channels. For some movies contract was signed with FTA channels (most of them released between 2002 to 2008), earlier Star had deal with them which got them movies for past 5 years (even UTV had rights of few older movies and now come under 1 umbrella)... Before that Sony had the contract for a long period and again signed up recently with them

So all in all this will continue till right period for all these expire with respective channels and may settle if some big one like Sony acquires all . Movies like Gangster, Kalyug, Awarapan, The Killer , Saaya etc. rest with variety of FTA channels and not an exclusive deal... This can be strategy to maximise revenue bcoz FTA channels have limited purchasing power and do not mind such terms

Here's a better joke if YRF made movies using South Indian crew they wouldn't have got better air time like Sooryavansham on Sony.
Do you know that YRF has actually made a South movie? Aaha Kalyanam (2014) is the Tamil remake of Band Baajaa Baaraat. Anushka's role is played not by any South actress but by none other than Vaani Kapoor who is the female lead in War. It was also dubbed into Telugu.

Note: Vaani has not worked with any production house other than YRF. For that matter, Parineeti Chopra has worked mostly with YRF only. Only since 2018 (Namaste England, Kesari, Jabariya Jodi) are some of her movies going to Zee. Before then there are only Hasee Toh Phasee (Viacom) and Golmaal Again (Star), with a cameo in Dishoom (Star).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock