Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

@JollyLNB bro can you list the network names based on the number of bollywood movie rights, Higher to lower approximately? :smile2:
Zee: 60%
Star+UTV: 20%
Viacom: 10%
Sony: 10%

Viacom is above Sony because of its good relationship with Dharma Productions. Otherwise they are roughly equal.

Zee: 60%
Star+UTV: 20%
Viacom: 10%
Sony: 10%

Viacom is above Sony because of its good relationship with Dharma Productions. Otherwise they are roughly equal.
Zee 60% :ouch:But in all other aspects those 4 are neck to neck and how Zee got dominance in movies?

But in all other aspects those 4 are neck to neck
Only in the Hindi GEC department. Otherwise they all have their own specialities. Star and Sony have a duopoly in sports, which is a big revenue generator. Viacom (+ TV18) is powerful in the English GEC, kids, music and lifestyle genres. Zee has taken control of Hindi movies as it is not good in English. Finally, Star and Zee together control most of the regional markets, increasingly at the expense of Sun.
how Zee got dominance in movies?
Simply search for terms such as 'Zee satellite rights', 'movie library' and 'Bollywood movies', filtering by the member @dino29.

I too meant they are neck to neck within the Hindi language not network wise. But Zee,Sony and Star started journey almost same time and Zee could able to get 60%..plus financially Sony/Star superior. The statistics in my mind was Zee(40%),Star(25%),Sony(25%), Viacom (10%) :biggrin:
Can't believe Viacom and Sony are almost equal.

I think that War 's Satellite Rights is with Star because trailer was launched on star channels
Like Bharat trailer was launched in Zee channels

I too meant they are neck to neck within the Hindi language not network wise. But Zee,Sony and Star started journey almost same time and Zee could able to get 60%..plus financially Sony/Star superior. The statistics in my mind was Zee(40%),Star(25%),Sony(25%), Viacom (10%) :biggrin:
Can't believe Viacom and Sony are almost equal.
I have a table of Bollywood satellite acquisitions since 2015. Until 2015 Sony and Star were stronger and Zee was less strong, though Zee got a whopping 20 movies in 2016 that made it the strongest since then. Star has weakened over time. Sony has shot to the bottom in Hindi (and to the top in South) while Viacom is trying to claw back its way this year after many disappointing years.
Bollywood Satellite Acquisitions (2015-present).xlsx

Surprising that Sony was the topper in 2017. Otherwise it is always Zee. Star was the topper in 2015.

I have a table of Bollywood satellite acquisitions since 2015. Until 2015 Sony and Star were stronger and Zee was less strong, though Zee got a whopping 20 movies in 2016 that made it the strongest since then. Star has weakened over time. Sony has shot to the bottom in Hindi (and to the top in South) while Viacom is trying to claw back its way this year after many disappointing years.
Bollywood Satellite Acquisitions (2015-present).xlsx

Surprising that Sony was the topper in 2017. Otherwise it is always Zee. Star was the topper in 2015.
Thank you for complied list bro
Please update 2019 list with
Junglee- Star
Sonchiriya, Badla, the Tashkent Files, amavas- Zee

Thank you for complied list bro
Please update 2019 list with
Junglee- Star
Sonchiriya, Badla, the Tashkent Files, amavas- Zee
I will update as per what will be premiered on &xplor HD. Can you make this sticky? :huh:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock