Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

How colors used to acquire so many movies when they don't even had a movie channel???
They telecasted movies on GEC, also utv movies always had syndication deal with colors even before the deal with star. Honestly that time was good. No songs, scene were cut. Now there are too many movie channels but the that flavor is missing now. Also that time many movies telecasted on multiple networks like race, jab we met, sing is king, welcome
Also there are channels like ndtv imagine, real tv around 2010 which have syndication deal with sony, star, zee

Last edited:
No, it's completely between networks, producer has no say here if any network wants to share their acquired movies with other
I was asking ki for eg: first ra one was with star then it moved to zee and then it gone to Viacom so when it moved to zee from star so red chillies got any money from zee and Viacom18 for renewal???

I was asking ki for eg: first ra one was with star then it moved to zee and then it gone to Viacom so when it moved to zee from star so red chillies got any money from zee and Viacom18 for renewal???
It's normal renewal after rights expire from one network, in such cases producers got money. But if a network sharing movie with others within rights period, then producer got no money. Like sometimes goldmines show movies from star library, here goldmines pay money to star.

It's normal renewal after rights expire from one network, in such cases producers got money. But if a network sharing movie with others within rights period, then producer got no money. Like sometimes goldmines show movies from star library, here goldmines pay money to star.
In these cases srk would have gotten money even for oh my darling yeh hai India and English Babu Desi mam also???

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock