DDF Exclusive Scan other DTH channels with Sun Direct box

• Thread starter MMM123
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 99
  • Views: Views 32,612
I'm also getting DD News HD and DD National HD and Now I'm Getting All DD Free Dish Channels With Free :kiss2::kiss2::cheers::cheers:
Good News,:tup: Which STB u r using & Software Version there, can u plz post snapshot of u r STB....:hello:

There is no way for Sun DTH to know who all are using this method. They can update the SW for everyone to block this option. No ones smart card can be blocked as in the receiver there is no two way communication. It's just a receiver

I wouldn't be so sure of that. They blocked my Smart Card once. All channels were showing black screen error, even though my base pack and addon packs were active. After I registered a complaint with Customer Care, a local technician called me and asked me if I used my STB with a different Smart Card (or my Smart Card in a different STB). I told them no. Then they told me to email them photos of my Set Top Box in such a way that the Serial Number on the box's label was visible. When I inquired why, they told me that Sun Direct usually disables/blocks Smard Cards/STBs of users who try to use them with a different STB/Smart Card. Then they unblocked my channels after verifying the photos I emailed them.
So, even though I am not sure if they can identify if we are using this hidden menu, I believe they could still block all channels for any given Smart Card, if they want to. I mean, isn't that what Smart Cards are for -- to block all channels after the base pack expires?

Note:
A month or 2 before this happened, I actually did try to use my Chennai Smart Card in the Sun Direct STB we have in Salem. I wanted to see if it works, so that I could use that method to view TV whenever I went to Salem. Because we did not recharge the Salem Smart Card regularly. Well, it did not work. I guess because Sun Direct somehow ties each Smart Card with a particular STB, in such a way that only those 2 work together. So, from then on, I have been taking both my Chennai STB and Chennai Smart Card to Salem. I just plugin the wire from my Salem Sun Direct's dish antenna to my Chennai STB, and it works fine.

You would've started the scan with STB at that channel.
Now you should factory reset your STB to recover your SUN DTH channels ( passcode 0000 ).
After reset, you can do manual scanning for GSAT TPs keeping STB at channel 999.
If we do a factory reset, will all the newly tuned non Sun Direct channels disappear and only the Sun Direct channels come back? Or will the new channels still exist even after a factory reset?

I would like to know if this is a failsafe we could fall back to, you know, if we screw up something while trying out the hidden menu thing.

If we do a factory reset, will all the newly tuned non Sun Direct channels disappear and only the Sun Direct channels come back? Or will the new channels still exist even after a factory reset?

I would like to know if this is a failsafe we could fall back to, you know, if we screw up something while trying out the hidden menu thing.
The SUN DTH channels only will come back.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. They blocked my Smart Card once. All channels were showing black screen error, even though my base pack and addon packs were active. After I registered a complaint with Customer Care, a local technician called me and asked me if I used my STB with a different Smart Card (or my Smart Card in a different STB). I told them no. Then they told me to email them photos of my Set Top Box in such a way that the Serial Number on the box's label was visible. When I inquired why, they told me that Sun Direct usually disables/blocks Smard Cards/STBs of users who try to use them with a different STB/Smart Card. Then they unblocked my channels after verifying the photos I emailed them.
So, even though I am not sure if they can identify if we are using this hidden menu, I believe they could still block all channels for any given Smart Card, if they want to. I mean, isn't that what Smart Cards are for -- to block all channels after the base pack expires?

Note:
A month or 2 before this happened, I actually did try to use my Chennai Smart Card in the Sun Direct STB we have in Salem. I wanted to see if it works, so that I could use that method to view TV whenever I went to Salem. Because we did not recharge the Salem Smart Card regularly. Well, it did not work. I guess because Sun Direct somehow ties each Smart Card with a particular STB, in such a way that only those 2 work together. So, from then on, I have been taking both my Chennai STB and Chennai Smart Card to Salem. I just plugin the wire from my Salem Sun Direct's dish antenna to my Chennai STB, and it works fine.
Yes, this is doable as pairing is done in the SW. Once you install another smart card, it can be detected by the SW. Accessing the hidden menu and scanning another satellite can be detected by the SW but factory reset should help it. It can be SW feature, they can implement it after coming to know that people are using that feature

Every time i turn off the STB and then turn it back ON,the DD free dish channels disappears and only the default channels based on my pack appears.But the TPs saved are available and i need to do manual scanning again to get back the DD free dish channles.
Is there a way to save the Channels after manual scanning???

hello frinds don't do that any time your smartcard will be blocked automaticly,
already i am doing this last year my smartcard is blocked and not releasd.
now i am using only dd free dish channels in that stb.
This is my smartcard no: 10556437084
error : Invalid Smartcard.
i am not change STB or smartcard both are same when i am purchased.

Last edited:
hello frinds don't do that any time your smartcard will be blocked automaticly,
already i am doing this last year my smartcard is blocked and not releasd.
now i am using only dd free dish channels in that stb.
This is my smartcard no: 10556437084
error : Invalid Smartcard.
i am not change STB or smartcard both are same when i am purchased.
See ....?

This was what I was worried about! :eek: o_O

Now I am scared to try it out :explode:

@venky @ramesh sky @WizarD @Chezhiyan @amarnathkvk

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock