Scv Analogue Update

profsathya

Contributor
Reaction score
SCV ANALOGUE UPDATE 24/05/17
sony six replaced with star sports 1 (feed given by lco) :)
puthiyathalaimurai is already in last slot, now even more grains to add to it :(

Last edited:
profsathya said:
:new SCV ANALOGUE UPDATE 24/05/17
puthiyathalaimurai is already in last slot, now even more grains to add to it :(

It's ur LCO replaced Six with SS1,not SCV.

profsathya said:
:new SCV ANALOGUE UPDATE 24/05/17

Yes, i always had issues with last slot channels on SCV, they were never good and horrible to watch and when asked to LCO he said its MSO so he cant help but when VK analogue was given i never had this issue as even the last channel has fewer grains and are ok to watch.

Nothing of this will change unless DAS comes. Hope all channels will be clear with STB and the MSO does not remove its competitors channels for promoting their own channels.

sathishbabu4u said:
It's ur LCO replaced Six with SS1,not SCV.

I have clearly mentioned it is feed given by lco. :huh

There is no announcement from my lco regarding stb, i think here to my lco will charge higher amount. In other areas if it is 300 for sd stb, he might even charge 500 in two instalments. The losers are people who brought the stb at 1300 like me two years back :wall  Scv must definetly provide free hd stb to digital subscribers. Only then it will be fair. Now moving from digital to analogue looks like a very bad move for me. As the time of analogue is going to come to an end atlast.

profsathya said:
There is no announcement from my lco regarding stb, i think here to my lco will charge higher amount. In other areas if it is 300 for sd stb, he might even charge 500 in two instalments. The losers are people who brought the stb at 1300 like me two years back :wall  Scv must definetly provide free hd stb to digital subscribers. Only then it will be fair. Now moving from digital to analogue looks like a very bad move for me. As the time of analogue is going to come to an end atlast.

My LCO is yet to update us on STB. During first week when he collected monthly subscription he said STB is mandatory and will inform us by month end so mostly he might pass some information next week.

Since SCV is offering SD STB at Rs 300 and HD STB at 750, i would be happy if my LCO offers STB at similar prices. Max i can add another Rs 200 but wont accept at any higher cost.

Lets see how it goes, im sure many people would resist higher expenses for DAS and LCO would be forced to find a way out.

I enquired with my saloon yesterday about stb. In their area it is not scv, last few their lco is asking them to change to stb. They are demanding any where in thousands​, saloon owner is afraid I'd I change my area the stb won't work because there will be some other mso. So he is in dilemma to go for DTH or cable stb.

profsathya said:
I enquired with my saloon yesterday about stb. In their area it is not scv, last few their lco is asking them to change to stb. They are demanding any where in thousands, saloon owner is afraid I'd I change my area the stb won't work because there will be some other mso. So he is in dilemma to go for DTH or cable stb.

Looks like he also has the same issue like most people who are yet to get an STB. So he mostly has VK digital as TCCL is selling SD STB at Rs 500.

Except VK Digital i think every other MSO has quoted their STB price. If Arasu actually enters Chennai in first week of June then the actual game would happen as it would give free STB to all its subscribers and this would make other MSO subscribers to demand their LCO for free Arasu STB.

dinee said:
But all lco will not join arasu.

Why..?
If Arasu gives free STB, customers will demand LCOs to give the same free STB, in that case, LCO forced to join Arasu, as STB is free and monthly subscription is lesser than other MSOs.

dinee said:
But all lco will not join arasu.

Yes, LCO's dont like Arasu as Arasu allows online payment of subscription while LCO's wants to collect the subscription directly from subscribers.

Also from the following news it seems the same officers of Arasu cable who earlier successfully stopped the formed CM from enabling Arasu to go DAS are now trying to abolish broadcasting centers across TN which will bring the DAS to Analogue quality and LCO's would be forced to disconnect from Arasu and join the private MSO's. So indirectly Arasu cable officers seems to do everything possible to remove the government MSO from the ground so private MSO can flourish.

--
Source: Dinamalar

sathishbabu4u said:
Why..?
If Arasu gives free STB, customers will demand LCOs to give the same free STB, in that case, LCO forced to join Arasu, as STB is free and monthly subscription is lesser than other MSOs.

Yes, Exactly.

Let Arasu announce free STB in Chennai via news papers and news channels and not a single MSO will be able to sell their STB as people will demand their LCO's for free STB from Arasu and LCO's have no choice but to join Arasu as private MSO's cant offer DAS packs as lower as Rs 125 which Arasu is planning to offer.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock