SCV TO BE UPGRADED TO FIBER CABLE IN MY AREA & UPDATE ON SCV HD BOX

profsathya said:
If you recharge it online he will not give the connection.

Yes, this seems to why the LCO's aren't connecting with Arasu as Arasu has online payment and can also enable subscribers to pay in any one of their nearby government offices like the civil supplies, EB office etc while private MSO's cant do these.

LCO's seem to want the subscribers control within themselves and also large share in revenue.

Yesterday when I was supposed to watch IPL final in Tamil commentary on Sony ESPN my digital scv created signal drop problem. Paying 250 was not to watch some favourite programmes it is waste of money. So immediately​ changed to analogue for Sony six (feed given by lco). Lco receives those signals in good condition, problem lies in the distribution. I informed lco don't recharge for next month I will continue with analogue. He informed he will come, I know he will not come.
I thought of lco makes all customers to go digital by giving installment option. I don't know how many of them will be ready to pay 250 for SD channels? So analogue is going to stay until the prices of digital is reduced to a great extent. Will give analogue updates on scv now onwards.

profsathya said:
Yesterday when I was supposed to watch IPL final in Tamil commentary on Sony ESPN my digital scv created signal drop problem. Paying 250 was not to watch some favourite programmes it is waste of money. So immediately changed to analogue for Sony six (feed given by lco). Lco receives those signals in good condition, problem lies in the distribution. I informed lco don't recharge for next month I will continue with analogue. He informed he will come, I know he will not come.
I thought of lco makes all customers to go digital by giving installment option. I don't know how many of them will be ready to pay 250 for SD channels? So analogue is going to stay until the prices of digital is reduced to a great extent. Will give analogue updates on scv now onwards.

Same issue with SCV DAS in my area few years back, i asked them why they are using analogue when they have STB, they said that LCO does not have enough boosters to handle the mass number of encrypted channels but the same channels are available clear on analogue also several tamil channels (like kalaigner network channels) not available on DAS due to package issues were available on analogue so no use using an STB.

Then will chennai fully implement das or not.that's a million dollar questions for all...

dinee said:
Then will chennai fully implement das or not.that's a million dollar questions for all...

We will definitely get DAS by June or July.

1. Arasu has announced free STB and pack with 200 channels at Rs 125.
  2. SCV has announced packs and STB prices at affordable rates.
  3. VK is planning to stop Analogue by June/July.
  4. TCCL already fully DAS.
We dont have any other MSO in Chennai so most people would be forced into DAS and only those few who resist may be given some low cost DAS packs around Rs 125.
But the major issue is will these MSO have their competitors channels at all times? :lol

Last Saturday from my lco office to the junction in my street fiber cable was laid. To my surprise the signal strength improved to a greater extent. Even in analogue the last channel is crystal clear. I asked about das, he said people think that I am doing business with stb. So whenever they make it compulsory I will make it. But he said now it is around 1200 but when people demand it will increase to 2000 or more. I thought of changing to analogue, because of quality, he said it is your wish but change next month. He is not bringing down the monthly charge of 250.

Last Saturday from my lco office to the junction in my street fiber cable was laid. To my surprise the signal strength improved to a greater extent. Even in analogue the last channel is crystal clear. I asked about das, he said people think that I am doing business with stb. So whenever they make it compulsory I will make it. But he said now it is around 1200 but when people demand it will increase to 2000 or more. I thought of changing to analogue, because of quality, he said it is your wish but change next month. He is not bringing down the monthly charge of 250.

Is SCV laying this fiber cable or your LCO? If its SCV then mostly they might intend to stay and might take back Chennai from VK. But STB at Rs 1,200 is too costly. If the current packages are continued then atleast 25-30%of the people would move to DTH once analogue is stopped than paying so high for local cable.

There is on info whether it is from lco or scv, but scv doesn't interfere in cable wiring. I think it is by the lco as a step to make customers to move towards stb. But many are against such a big price. My lco said no DTH provides all channels for 250. That is true, any add on in any DTH for sports, infotainment, movies etc will cost you in total more than 250.

There is on info whether it is from lco or scv, but scv doesn't interfere in cable wiring. I think it is by the lco as a step to make customers to move towards stb. But many are against such a big price. My lco said no DTH provides all channels for 250. That is true, any add on in any DTH for sports, infotainment, movies etc will cost you in total more than 250.

Yes, but in DTH we can make online payments, choose and change packs as we please but in local cable we just have max 2 packs and noone knows when the MSO will leave and when a channel be removed thinking it as a competition. Also when changing residence one can easily move the DTH but here MSO changes with Area.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock