Seeking Help Should I switch from Tata Sky to VK Digital?

JollyLNB

News Columnist
Reaction score
My parents have been a longtime customer of Tata Sky since 2007. This October we shifted to the Metrozone in Thirumangalam, Chennai, where there are no individual dishes but a common TV provider (Ultron). The resident can choose his/her preferred service provider. Since our TS dish is useless (because there is a single provider for all DTHs and cable operators), we have 2 options:

1. Continue with TS and pay ₹700+ per month. Earlier, during my XIth and XIIth, my parents would not watch TV much, so they would recharge with a small amount (say ₹40) worth for a single day at a time. But they are now regular watchers of Amazon Fire TV because I am studying abroad. Should I change my pack? The requirement is Hindi and English movie channels, Hindi and English GECs and Bangla channels.

2. Move to VK Digital which offers almost as many channels for a lower price. I have gone through the excellent channel list compiled by @Rajarathinams bro. I find Zee Bangla HD is missing, though almost all other Bangla, Hindi and English HD channels are there. Out of all Bangla HD channels they watch only Zee Bangla HD. Is this a big concern or can we move to VK?

How is the service otherwise? The STB and remote quality? The PQ and AQ? Please advise.

My parents have been a longtime customer of Tata Sky since 2007. This October we shifted to the Metrozone in Thirumangalam, Chennai, where there are no individual dishes but a common TV provider (Ultron). The resident can choose his/her preferred service provider. Since our TS dish is useless (because there is a single provider for all DTHs and cable operators), we have 2 options:

1. Continue with TS and pay ₹700+ per month. Earlier, during my XIth and XIIth, my parents would not watch TV much, so they would recharge with a small amount (say ₹40) worth for a single day at a time. But they are now regular watchers of Amazon Fire TV because I am studying abroad. Should I change my pack? The requirement is Hindi and English movie channels, Hindi and English GECs and Bangla channels.

2. Move to VK Digital which offers almost as many channels for a lower price. I have gone through the excellent channel list compiled by @Rajarathinams bro. I find Zee Bangla HD is missing, though almost all other Bangla, Hindi and English HD channels are there. Out of all Bangla HD channels they watch only Zee Bangla HD. Is this a big concern or can we move to VK?

How is the service otherwise? The STB and remote quality? The PQ and AQ? Please advise.

Bro, i suggest u keep TS, switch to a lower pack (channels of what ur family watches).

Shifting to VK Digital now when TRAI tariff is being implemented, we dont know how the prices will be after a month. So u can stay with TS by switching to a lower pack.

Agree with @Anish Pai Tata Sky has the Best Customer Service and now after TRAI orders all Prices will be equal. I don't think there is any need to change now. For higher prices, go to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India you will surely get excellent value for money (use optimise button after selecting channels)

Agree with @Anish Pai Tata Sky has the Best Customer Service and now after TRAI orders all Prices will be equal. I don't think there is any need to change now. For higher prices, go to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India you will surely get excellent value for money (use optimise button after selecting channels)
Even though you have bumped an old thread, I'll post an update. We have decided to continue with Tata Sky for ₹464 per month as Zee Bangla HD is of high importance, and VK has Star Jalsha HD and Jalsha Movies HD but not Zee Bangla HD. :tup:

This October we shifted to the Metrozone in Thirumangalam, Chennai, where there are no individual dishes but a common TV provider (Ultron). The resident can choose his/her preferred service provider. Since our TS dish is useless (because there is a single provider for all DTHs and cable operators)

How does this arrangement work exactly? What is the role of Ultron here? Do you get to use the concealed coaxial cable for either DTH or cable... or something like that?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock