Solid mpeg2 Set top box not turning on

jaiganesh

Reaction score
I have solid mpeg2 settop box purchased in 2012. since then i did not face any problem till date and it receives dd free dish channels. almost 1.5 months ago abs was also installed and there is a diseqc to connect dd and abs. suddenly today the settopbox stopped turning on . i use always stabliser for my tv and settopbox.
what could be the problem and will there be a problem from the newly installed diseqc (new) and lnb(new) or the life of the settopbox is over. how should the settopbox be protected in case of multiple satellite connections and how diseqc should be used so that diseqc lnb and settopbox work properly. i covered the diseqc with a polythene wrapper so that rain drops dont enter the switch. will there be any earthing problem. recently we had few rains in our city. i came to know on internet that in summers due to voltage 12v to 17v outside the ranges if surges happen then stbs fail. is it true?

will it get repaired? will i get new board in the market if ic components are not working? or should i go for new stb box like ordinary mpeg4 or icas ddfree mpeg4 stb?

do reply experts at the earliest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock