Breaking Sony Ten 4 HD & Sony Ten 4 To Replace Rox HD & LePlex HD

Update!

One Hindi Music HD Channel (Probably FTA)

2 South Channels (No Idea Which Language)

1 SD FTA Channel Probably HSM FTA

- Are In Discussion Once R&D Gives Nods Process Will Begin
What was the use of shutting down Rox HD then? Is this Mix HD?

Maybe it is trying for two FTA GECs, like Zee has Zee Anmol and Big Magic.
I think sony is planning something similar to star bharat
As they are 'Sony' we can't expect all this channels soon. May they have plans as you guys guessed, but they delay all.Pix 2 is sitting for a long time. Also as the new trai tariff rule is going to be implemented broadcasters will not go for a quick action in the upcoming months.
@JollyLNB bro,yes then why did they shut down rox hd instead of converting it as free. So all of this new channels will not happen soon I think.

Last edited:
Well Tata Sky can also share blame for discontinuation of Rox HD and Le Plex HD. Remember Tata Sky has huge monopoly over premium HD customer base and contributes in a big way towards subscription revenue and viewership of these channels, recently Tata Sky did not agree to the justified increase in fixed deal agreement amount for Sony Channels and dropped almost all these premium channels. This surely was a huge setback for Sony both interms of not being successful in getting proper worth of these niche channels as well as massive decline in already limited ad revenue thanks to dip in viewership.

Sony's morale must have been hit hard and confidence shaken in sustaining viable future of these HD channels. They had the option to try luck in new tariff order regime where subscribers would have got power to decide and there was a fair chance that owing to affordable pricing subscription of these channels would have jumped but guess due to hurdles in smooth implementation of these rules they decided to play safe and instead invest in much more accepted sports genre.

Good to see that SPN have decided to brought in Sony Ten 4 as they have enough sports content to fit on another sports channel.

Update!

One Hindi Music HD Channel (Probably FTA)

2 South Channels (No Idea Which Language)

1 SD FTA Channel Probably HSM FTA

- Are In Discussion Once R&D Gives Nods Process Will Begin
Expecting 2 south channels will be sony tamil and sony kannada

What was the use of shutting down Rox HD then? Is this Mix HD?

Maybe it is trying for two FTA GECs, like Zee has Zee Anmol and Big Magic.
Hopefully. I want a channel that telecasts Sony TV's old DRAMAS. Not comedy and crime shows that I have seen so many times which Sony Pal shows.

Dont know but why we are Discussing for a Imaginary thing by one of DreamDth Visitor. We have seen many times the same thread starter proved wrong. Its just a Speculation and nothing else. Pls Close this Thread till Further Confirmation regarding Same.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock