DDF Exclusive Star Sports 1 Bangla to be launched on 5 March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Competition with SPSN? In what way? How many regional sports channels does Sony have?
I mean, Star had no plans for regional sports previously. When, they feel a heat from SPSN, they are not wanting to loss their market, so now they are going to become regional to obtain more ratings or market share.

Last edited:
I mean, Star had no plans for regional sports previously.
Since when!?
When, they fell a heat from SPSN, they are not wanting to loss their market, so now they are going to become regional.
What heat from SPSN specifically?

SPSN is only having one channel which it uses for regional (Hindi only) broadcast - TEN 3.
Star has always been a pioneer in multi-language sports production which is now expanding further. How do you say that Star has no plans for regional channels? And, SPSN is currently in no position to generate 'heat' to Star. Where is the question of losing market by Star?
Please explain what you are trying to say... I'm unable to see the logic behind your statements.

Since when!?

What heat from SPSN specifically?

SPSN is only having one channel which it uses for regional (Hindi only) broadcast - TEN 3.
Star has always been a pioneer in multi-language sports production which is now expanding further. How do you say that Star has no plans for regional channels? And, SPSN is currently in no position to generate 'heat' to Star. Where is the question of losing market by Star?
Please explain what you are trying to say... I'm unable to see the logic behind your statements.
Before SPN entering on sports market, there was no competitor of Star. Market share was totally monopolistic, they were totally dominating these area.
But scenario has been changed after SPSN comes this space & they are giving a tough competition to Star. Already SPSN acquires more important sports property.
I m not telling that SPSN is a great challenge towards Star this time. But slowly & steady they are transforming as one & only challenge to Star. It may be the reason to make Star worried.

This Channel will show its first sports Live coverage in Bangla with Aus Tour India
24 Feb
1st ODI
Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali
1:30 PM IST :cheers: Good Planned by Star:tup:
Great news sarfaraz bro

UPDATE 1
Yesterday Star India Pvt Ltd Management team visited Kolkata and went on a special Meeting with all Staffs,Crews,Ad Agencies,Management Board Members and all other concerns at Hyaat Regency Kolkata from 11 am to 6 pm. The propagandas came out of the meeting are:-

1.Telecasting Contents:-
SIPL has decided to concentrate on Local Sporting Events during calendar year of 2019 to 2022 will take place in different outskirts of Kolkata as well as Districts.Cricket, Football,Kabaddi,Khokho,Tennis all will be given importance in coming days. The channel will also telecast exclusive all Ranji Trophy matches of BENGAL team in Bangla Commentary and Production (pre+post). Exclusive Hockey Tournaments of Maidan including Beton Cup will be given preference. Channel will also in talk with Sourav Ganguly for different events organised by CAB time to time specially cricket events and also will telecast i-League Football matches for East Bengal & MohunBagan in Bangla.Channel will be in talk with Sadhana News for buying the rights for Kolkata Football League and in talk with Sourav Ganguly to organise Bengal Premiere League and Celebrity Cricket and Football league in coming days.
2.Brand Ambassador:-
SIPL has sorted out 4 names for the Brand Ambassador of the channel namely Sourav Ganguly ,Dev, Jeet or Prasenjit Chatterjee at the time of launch.Final decisions are awaiting in January.
3.Studio:-
Preparation of Studios are undergoing in full swing. One is under construction at Purple Movie Town Baruipur while other will be at Rajarhat beside of the office of Star Jalsha. Star Jalsha's 2 creative Heads are dealing with the matter but soon 3 Creatives will be appointed for the same. Hirings are on full swing.
4.Anchor:-
SIPL are in talks with various reputated Anchors to be finalised yet but in yesterday's meetings 3 to 4 names came for discussion. Boria Majumdar , Manas Chakraborty, Goutam Bhattacharjee, Saheb Bhattacharjee, RJ Kaushik (BIG Fm)are in lines. Also they are in talks with Reshmi Bagchi (former in ABP Ananda), Jun Malia, RJ Manali (Fever Fm), VJ Rini for the female chair.
SIPL also in creation for Expert Panell for Football & Cricket. Bidesh Basu,Crompton Dutta, Devang Gandhi, Ranadev Basu all are in focus.
5.Theme Song:-
SIPL also decided to have a dedicated Theme Song for the Channel and are in talks with Jeet Ganguly or Preetam for the same.
6.Various:-
Meeting also ran for Sales, Ad Rates, Marketing, Promotion etc which are their internal matters.

Ad Shoots and Theme Song shooting will start at January and will be on air very shortly after shooting.
Next meeting will be on board at 27th December 11 am.

Source :- A very special Friend (name withheld) of mine attached to Star Jalsha and now in the Ad Marketing team of SS1 Bangla conveyed the Points of the meeting to me and shared for all of my DDF frndz.

Last edited:
UPDATES:-
Yesterday Star India Pvt Ltd Management team visited Kolkata and went on a special Meeting with all Staffs,Crews,Ad Agencies,Management Board Members and all other concerns at Hyaat Regency Kolkata from 11 am to 6 pm. The propagandas came out of the meeting are:-

1.Telecasting Contents:-
SIPL has decided to concentrate on Local Sporting Events during calendar year of 2019 to 2022 will take place in different outskirts of Kolkata as well as Districts.Cricket, Football,Kabaddi,Khokho,Tennis all will be given importance in coming days. The channel will also telecast exclusive all Ranji Trophy matches of BENGAL team in Bangla Commentary and Production (pre+post). Exclusive Hockey Tournaments of Maidan including Beton Cup will be given preference. Channel will also in talk with Sourav Ganguly for different events organised by CAB time to time specially cricket events and also will telecast i-League Football matches for East Bengal & MohunBagan in Bangla.Channel will be in talk with Sadhana News for buying the rights for Kolkata Football League and in talk with Sourav Ganguly to organise Bengal Premiere League and Celebrity Cricket and Football league in coming days.
2.Brand Ambassador:-
SIPL has sorted out 4 names for the Brand Ambassador of the channel namely Sourav Ganguly ,Dev, Jeet or Prasenjit Chatterjee at the time of launch.Final decisions are awaiting in January.
3.Studio:-
Preparation of Studios are undergoing in full swing. One is under construction at Purple Movie Town Baruipur while other will be at Rajarhat beside of the office of Star Jalsha. Star Jalsha's 2 creative Heads are dealing with the matter but soon 3 Creatives will be appointed for the same. Hirings are on full swing.
4.Anchor:-
SIPL are in talks with various reputated Anchors to be finalised yet but in yesterday's meetings 3 to 4 names came for discussion. Boria Majumdar , Manas Chakraborty, Goutam Bhattacharjee, Saheb Bhattacharjee, RJ Kaushik (BIG Fm)are in lines. Also they are in talks with Reshmi Bagchi (former in ABP Ananda), Jun Malia, RJ Manali (Fever Fm), VJ Rini for the female chair.
SIPL also in creation for Expert Panell for Football & Cricket. Bidesh Basu,Crompton Dutta, Devang Gandhi, Ranadev Basu all are in focus.
5.Theme Song:-
SIPL also decided to have a dedicated Theme Song for the Channel and are in talks with Jeet Ganguly or Preetam for the same.
6.Various:-
Meeting also ran for Sales, Ad Rates, Marketing, Promotion etc which are their internal matters.

Ad Shoots and Theme Song shooting will start at January and will be on air very shortly after shooting.
Next meeting will be on board at 27th December 11 am.

Source :- A very special Friend (name withheld) of mine attached to Star Jalsha and now in the Ad Marketing team of SS1 Bangla conveyed the Points of the meeting to me and shared for all of my DDF frndz.
Thanks for valuable information

UPDATE 2
This is to inform all my DDF Frndz that the meeting followup which was scheduled earlier on 27.12.2018 was cancelled and fresh meeting took place on Hyaat Regency, Kolkata on 06.01.2019 to carry up the discussions on Star Sports1 Bangla. Here are the Catch-Ups of that meeting:-

1.SIPL has 90% finalised the Brand Ambassador of the channel as Bengali Superstar DEV.Negotiations are on.
Theme Music of the channel Finalised and will be by Jam-8. They will be promoted in FB, Instagram and all other digital platforms in due course.

2.Studios set up are fully complete now with modern amenities. They are using Studio1 as a Test in the course of Asian Cup Football which is now telecasting in Bangla Pre/Post Match Show on Star Jalsha Movies. Other details regarding studio will be completed within January. You can check the Glimpses of the studio during the India matches of Asian Cup Football on Star Jalsha Movies.

3.Telecast Contents Rights of various Sports Activities are bagged by SIPL but regarding Kolkata Football League Rights which is with Sadhana Aryan News Bangla are in dark due to some legal issues.

4. Star Sports1 Bangla is now intended to be the Home Channel of Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL season and the channel will air all the detailed story of KKR during IPL.

5.Panel Setup with Prominent face for anchoring are almost ready regarding Cricket-Football and Kabaddi.Others are on hiring process.

6.Launch Programme will also be designed within 7 days.

7.The ALC price of SS1 BANGLA will be Rs.19/-+GST in new TRAI regime.

8. SIPL also invited various DPOS in the meeting but in DTH DPO only TATA|sky and in MSO & LCO DPO only DEN, SITI Digital and SRISTI Digital showed their interest to carry SS1 BANGLA in their platform.

9.Now SIPL is eagerly waiting for the clearances from MIB to launch asap on 21st February.

10.Others issue discussed mainly on Ad Sales Promotions and Direct Marketing matters.

Hope to give you more good news in the coming days.

(Source:- As one of the leading LCO &MSO in Kolkata our Company SRISTI Digital was present in the meeting and plus the Source mentioned in the earlier post #38)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock