DDF Exclusive Star Sports 1 Malayalam granted license by MIB

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 61
  • Views: Views 11,939
Star Sports 1 tamil , Telugu ,Kannada channel available in all DTH platform.
Star sports 1 bangla available in 3 DTH platform.they r struggle to add this channel other DTH platform. now give promotion offer 90 days to this channel.
Due to bangla channel failure they slow down the star sports 1 Marathi launch.
May be star sports applied star sports malayalam licence before election so they got after election.
Star sports plan maybe to add both before world cup. But star bangla collapsed the star sports plan. Now they slow down channel plan or rename channel wait and see.
After trai cable tariff regional viewing channel is high.
Ex- tamil value pack -25+ tax
7 channel
Star sports 1- 19 + tax
Most of tamil people select tamil value pack now they see star sports 1 tamil. So regional wise Advt increase. Now start regional wise channel national geographic tamil channel.

They Should air sports content exclusively in their regional sports channels instead of showing the same content in regional movie channels. I think then it will be a sucessful plan.

They Should air sports content exclusively in their regional sports channels instead of showing the same content in regional movie channels. I think then it will be a sucessful plan.
Correct

Regional sports channel will be successful only in tamilnadu....i dont think star sports malayalam can attract viwers...people watched isl for only shaiju damodaran commentory
Dont say foolishness... star sports malayalam will surely attract malayalam viewers...Sports troll pages are posting about star sports malayalam...And IPL and ISL got record viewership in kerala

Really doubt the success of this channel.
Almost all regional sports channels re-run IPL matches of the regional team,. SS Malayalam don't have that option. In addition, many prefer HD over SD.
ISL will continue the following, due to quality/ fan base of commentator. EPL Malayalam commentary could attract viewers.
Malayalam commentary of WC19 matches are atrocious, serial actors who played in CCL are the expert commentators.🥵
When they start the channel they may bring good commentators...And ranjini haridas will be a good anchor for star sports malayalm

Asianet Plus is subscribed by most people in Kerala, in base packs. People not subscribed to SS channels benefited.
IPL final is a very special match, also it is a live event.
People has purchased star sports in base pack...Star sports malayalm will get popularity by promoting in asianet channels (asianet,asianet plus,asianet movies)

star sports bangla promotion end aug 27 2019. launch may be september 2019 before south africa tour of india start sep 15

Last edited:
this channel is only going to work if they show PL matches in Malayalam commentary,also try to bring Malayalam commentary rights of volleyball league (which sony has)

Kerala Premier League Cricket on the way , i think SS Malayalam telecast this tournament
As per BCCI guidelines, only players from the state can take part, which will make the tournament less noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock