Suggestion : How to Get Dolby Digital Sound

Following are the available Terminals for my TV. Please suggest me the best connections between TS HD STB, TV & HT (refer post#16).
c118fd0f54c89e015607318d19d7e6e0.jpg

Following are the available Terminals for my TV. Please suggest me the best connections between TS HD STB, TV & HT (refer post#16).

Leave STB connection as it is. Connect either TV optical digital out or STB optical digital out to HT using optical to analog RCA 5.1 converter.

Leave STB connection as it is. Connect either TV optical digital out or STB optical digital out to HT using optical to analog RCA 5.1 converter.
This is good if your old model HT has optical in.

Pavas bro first u are setting of stb box.optical out (spdif) setting of dolbydigital.and HDMI out setting of dolbydigital in your settopbox.and already I am told ur TV audio setting.

The HDMI ARC port is to output the audio return channel and therefore it needs to be directly connected to HT to get the ARC benefit. So the STB is to be connected to another HDMI port on the TV.

In your case this does not matter as you can't connect the HDMI ARC port directly to the HT.

I would use the optical port on the STB and connect it to the HT using an optical to multichannel audio converter.

You can have a look at this. Not sure of the quality though.
Digital Dolby DTS/AC-3 Optical to Analog Audio Gear Sound Decoder 5.1Channel RCA | eBay Mobile

My Current Connection (But not getting DD 5.1)
a) TV <-> TataSky HD STB HDMI Cable.
b) TV (ARC) <-> HT (5.1) ARC Supported using HDMI Cable.
c) All DD STB side setting done.
I had used same configuration while I was using Videocond2H and I was getting DD5.1 channels.
But I have one HDMI Port and 1 Optical port in HT where Samsung Full HD TV Which have support 1 ARC+3 HDMI ports

I had used same configuration while I was using Videocond2H and I was getting DD5.1 channels.
But I have one HDMI Port and 1 Optical port in HT where Samsung Full HD TV Which have support 1 ARC+3 HDMI ports
This is surprising d2h STB is working fine with same configuration and TS STB is not working.

Basically TS STB authenticated Dolby lab, DD should work fine with TS STB, may be you can set factory reset of your TS STB , and try to reconfigure DD settings again.

I use d2h 4k STB and Onkyo HT, the
ARC work fine .

I have Sony and Panasonic TV , Sony ARC passthrough DD so I am getting DD when connected to Sony, but with Panasonic DD is not working because Panasonic TV doesn't pass through DD.

Dear All,
I am not able to get dolby digital sound from tatasky HD ? Is optical cable is must to get dolby digital sound connect to Home Theater ?

Please guide me how to get 5.1 DD from tatasky STB ?

Thanks
First check the following :
- If home theatre has HDMI In option. If it has it is straight forward :
STB --> Via HDMI --> Home theatre (HDMI In) --> From Home Theatre (HDMI out) --> TV.
This is the basic and best solution..
- If home theatre has spdif Digital in option (SPDIF - optical or SPDIF - coax). Check if there is a SPDIF (Co-ax or Digital) in your STB. If both has one of the following combinations - STB (SPDIF - Coax out) and HT (SPDIF - coax in)
(or) STB (SPDIF - Digital out) and HT (SPDIF - Digital in) then :
- For Video : STB --> Via HDMI --> TV ;
For Audio : STB --> SPDIF Coax or SPDIF Digital out --> Home Theathre (SPDIF Coax or SPDIF Digital in)
- If your STB has a different SPDIF out than the Home theatre : For (e.g) SPDIF Coax in STB and SPDIF Digital in the Home theatre or vice versa, then you need to get a converter from the net (amazon) or any electronics store and then you can use it.
- If you do not have any HDMI - in or SPDIF digital/co-ax in Home theatre (Typically Home theatre might not have HDMI In.. thats why people buy Amplifiers like yamaha/sony etc..) then you will not be able to hear 5.1 however you can still connect the analog RCA to Headphone in jack and hear audio via HT. But remember you will not have 5.1 as the output of RCA (white/red) cable are stereo.
- Last point -- Typically most of the TV has the optical out or coax out.. But majority to what i know is for managing external devices.. It does not act as passthrough from STB which means that when you connect STB to TV via HDMI and then connect spdif out from TV to HT it will not decode the dolby from STB. One of the main purpose is when you have a movie in an USB which has 5.1 dolby audio and the TV is able to decode the format then it will allow 5.1 dolby audio to pass on to the HT where you can hear it in 5.1... this is one main purpose of the digital audio out provided in TV.. However you can check with the TV customer care to check on this.

Hello Guys, @ABCDEFGH , @ilikered, @Bapun Raz bro and other experts

I have a same issue out here and would like to continue on this thread itself.

I have the following:
Sony Bravia Android LED TV, model no KDL-W80D
Tata Sky HD
Philips DVD HT Model No: HTD3509/94 (1 HDMI out, and 1 Digital Audio IN, and coaxial in and RCA IN)

I have connected the following way:

TV <-----> TS HD STB via HDMI cable
TV <-----> Philips DVD HT via HDMI ARC ports

Now i have many issues:

1. The DVD HT is HDMI CEC (Easylink) hence when u connect via ARC, there is no audio from TV speakers and Audio comes only from HT. TV remote volume will also cause HT volume to change. I get Dolby 5.1 but the volume is very low as compared to SD channels. So when i change the channel from a HD channel having DD audio to a non DD HD channel or SD channel, then there is sudden increase of sound, i mean to say there is no uniformity

2. Secondly if i connect Digital Audio out (optic) from TS HD STB to HT, the audio is clearer, but again there in no uniformity in HD channels having DD audio and SD channels. SO changing channels i have to lower the volume down everytime i change the channel or else there will be a loud noise

3. Lastly if i connect Digital Audio out from LED TV to HT, here again no uniformity in volume and TV speakers dont work and volume only comes from HT. And in TV Settings, under Sound, there is Digital Audio out, which has 3 options, Auto 1, Auto 2 and PCM. If Audio Mapping in HT settings is tuned off, then i cannot select any option from Digital Audio out in TV settings and only PCM is available.

Pls tell me what should i do and how i can have same audio levels across channels and get 5.1 DD in the best way.

Last edited:
Hello Guys, @ABCDEFGH , @ilikered, @Bapun Raz bro and other experts

I have a same issue out here and would like to continue on this thread itself.

I have the following:
Sony Bravia Android LED TV, model no KDL-W80D
Tata Sky HD
Philips DVD HT Model No: HTD3509/94 (1 HDMI out, and 1 Digital Audio IN, and coaxial in and RCA IN)

I have connected the following way:

TV <-----> TS HD STB via HDMI cable
TV <-----> Philips DVD HT via HDMI ARC ports

Now i have many issues:

1. The DVD HT is HDMI CEC (Easylink) hence when u connect via ARC, there is no audio from TV speakers and Audio comes only from HT. TV remote volume will also cause HT volume to change. I get Dolby 5.1 but the volume is very low as compared to SD channels. So when i change the channel from a HD channel having DD audio to a non DD HD channel or SD channel, then there is sudden increase of sound, i mean to say there is no uniformity

2. Secondly if i connect Digital Audio out (optic) from TS HD STB to HT, the audio is clearer, but again there in no uniformity in HD channels having DD audio and SD channels. SO changing channels i have to lower the volume down everytime i change the channel or else there will be a loud noise

3. Lastly if i connect Digital Audio out from LED TV to HT, here again no uniformity in volume and TV speakers dont work and volume only comes from HT. And in TV Settings, under Sound, there is Digital Audio out, which has 3 options, Auto 1, Auto 2 and PCM. If Audio Mapping in HT settings is tuned off, then i cannot select any option from Digital Audio out in TV settings and only PCM is available.

Pls tell me what should i do and how i can have same audio levels across channels and get 5.1 DD in the best way.
Getting uniform audio between DD and non DD channels is not feasible. It's at broadcaster level. You need to sacrifice DD to get uniformity by keeping stereo as the audio out in the STB settings.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock