Seeking Help Suggestion Required in Selecting Airtel/Sun DTH vs Digital Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

iqbal008

Reaction score
Friends,

I had tatasky DTH which now expired and i wanted to go either for Airtel/Sun or Digital Cable. Could you please suggest which one would be good in long run along with pros and cons keeping a vision that now Jio entered market by getting stakes in hathway and den. Indigital Cable is providing digital cable at my place.

My choices are including HD Channels for the following
Hindi Entertainments, Movies, News
English Entertainments, Movies, News,
Sports
Kids channels

If i need to go for Airtel/Sun which package would help me to get my preferences and which set top box is preferred.
Does anyone from Mumbai Indigital Cable guide too on cost and HD set top boxes

For Sun you can take Apna Ultra HD Pack Rs 429 p.m. You will get 68 HD Channels plus major SD Channels.

Airtel is best both quality and quantity wise.

ADTV provides Latest HD Cradless STB for New Connection. It has media player support too.

Take only 1M pack which they provide for new connections don't go for 1yr pack.

From 2nd month you can take -

MyPlan99 + Max HD Topup(Rs.225) = Rs. 324pm

You can enjoy 76HD Channels and 2 free regional topups.

Last edited:
Are there any offers that i can avail while opting for DTH ?
Moreover from the response it looks digital cable is eliminated completely when it comes for comparison

Last edited:
Are there any offers that i can avail while opting for DTH ?
Moreover from the response it looks digital cable is eliminated completely when it comes for comparison

You will get new Sun direct connection with 1 month free @ 1699..68 HD channels available.

If Hathway/den covers your area,you can opt for them, as they will soon be upgraded to jio fibre.

You will get new Sun direct connection with 1 month free @ 1699..68 HD channels available.

I see similar offer from Airtel digital TV. I went through few of the posts in this forum and the more i read the more i am not able to make a decision, as i see there is a difference of opinion in terms as some says the AQ PQ is good on SUN and some on Airtel. With due respect as this would be my primary connection on 43" FHD LG TV would require some more guidance in terms of additions/deletions of channels and lastly CC response time.

If Hathway/den covers your area,you can opt for them, as they will soon be upgraded to jio fibre.

I already checked at my location, unfortunately i think they have divided the area among themselves and my area falls under indigital cable tv

I see similar offer from Airtel digital TV. I went through few of the posts in this forum and the more i read the more i am not able to make a decision, as i see there is a difference of opinion in terms as some says the AQ PQ is good on SUN and some on Airtel. With due respect as this would be my primary connection on 43" FHD LG TV would require some more guidance in terms of additions/deletions of channels and lastly CC response time.

I am using 40 Inch Samsung Full HD TV,

Frankly speaking, Hd channels clarity is super class

And SD channels clarity is also good..

Sun direct is neither fast nor slow in channel addition..But I can assure you, Sun direct won't remove any channels like other..packages are cheap in Sun direct..CC response time is good..Now a days, if I activate any channels on alacarte, channels is activated within a second..

If you watch only HD channels and you have a home theater, you should go with Airtel as you will get very cheap HD add-on options. However, if you want to watch most of the SD+HD channels and don't have a home theater, Sun Direct would be a better choice as their packaging is very good for SD in base packs. See below.

Airtel Pros:

1. Excellent HD Packs at affordable cost
2. Top class PQ and AQ in HD Channels

Airtel Cons:

1. Customer care is dumb about packaging and channels addition. Tech support is good though
2. SD channel PQ is average
3. Packaging for SD channels is not that great compared to Sun

Sun Direct Pros:

1. Excellent Packaging for SD+HD requirement at affordable cost
2. Top class PQ with HEVC technology (1st in India)

Sun Direct Cons:

1. AQ is poor on HD channels, you can't use it if you have a HT
2. Zero technical knowledge for the Customer care executives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock