Suggestions for Ku Band Multi Satellite setup

• Thread starter k.ram
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 6
  • Views: Views 3,700

k.ram

Reaction score
Namaste All,

I've somehow ended up with about four KU Band Dish-antennas with branded Sharp LNBs (Long story). I am fed up with the *excellent* customer services of most Indian DTH operators, so I decided to go for FTA ONLY. And most family members are un-affected since almost no one is addicted to SUN-TV, JayaTV or RajTV soap-operas. No one in the family is addicted to cinema, so till date we've not had any problems (about a month, maybe two).

Since I have quite a few Dish Antennas - I am proposing to do a setup as follows --

• 75cm Dish Antenna with Solid 80DB High gain LNBF at 93.5'E (GSAT-15). This will also receive NSS6/SSE8 FTAs (I think).
  • 75cm wide Dish Antenna (ZEE Dish?) with a Monoblock LNB at 75'E and the second horn pointing at 70.5'E. 75'e Can pickup ABS2, ABS1 (?) and the 70.5'E Horn can pickup Eutalsat 70B.
I did a lot of searching on Lyngsat as to what can be done with the other two dish antennas - and with the kind of information available I am confused.

I'd appreciate if anyone took the time to suggest any good KU-Band Satellites to put the other dish antennas to use.

I propose to connect all these through a DiSEQC 1.1 switch.

BTW - I am in South India near the West Coast.

P.S. MEASAT3 seems a good option, But I've got all contradictory data. If Anyone has tuned MEASAT3, I'd be grateful if you could share details of it's reception and the kind of Channels available. (One source says you need a 4' Dish, one says a 90cm dish will suffice, yet another source says anything less that 6' cannot catch measat signals, but the footprint seems to cover most of the Indian sub-continent ??!!??!).

Thanks in Advance.

I thought I can answer you. But I too have all these questions.. I already have DD Free Dish, Dish TV (FTA), ABS2 and Eutelsat 70B.. I too have one more 75 cm dish unused.

For Measat c band you need minimum 6 feet & for full 10 feet dish needed,

M.J.Sadiq said:
I thought I can answer you. But I too have all these questions.. I already have DD Free Dish, Dish TV (FTA), ABS2 and Eutelsat 70B.. I too have one more 75 cm dish unused.

Namaste,

If you ever end up using the other dish, please share your results here. Also your signature says Measat3 @KU - how have you tuned it (what size dish? How is it's reception etc.) ?

Thanks again.

k.ram said:
Namaste,

If you ever end up using the other dish, please share your results here. Also your signature says Measat3 @KU - how have you tuned it (what size dish? How is it's reception etc.) ?

Thanks again.
For ku band of Measat 3 60 cm dish itself is enough. I set it up as side LNB on a 75cm dish which is primarily pointing to Tatasky. There are no useful FTA in Measat 3. Just saying this since you are interested in FTA.

M.J.Sadiq said:

how can i set abs 2 and gsat 93e in single dth antenna of size 60cm (original tata sky antenna as i used to have tata sky connections) 
i have Solid 6078 FTA receiver and Solid diseqc 1.1 switch and two lnbs .
my location is BIHAR
please help me

how can i set abs 2 and gsat 93e in single dth antenna of size 60cm (original tata sky antenna as i used to have tata sky connections)
i have Solid 6078 FTA receiver and Solid diseqc 1.1 switch and two lnbs .
my location is BIHAR
please help me
Position the dish azimuth between abs 2 and 93e that is 88 east to 89east .then mount 2nd lnb on left side of lnb holder with help of a iron plate .u will get both satelites.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock