Suggestions for New DTH connection

Gambitrite

Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently using local cable guy connection (hathway-bangalore) but finding lot of issues recently with few channels not working properly. I am looking to change to either Tatasky or Airtel Digital Tv. I am looking to purchase the HD box.

Can someone provide me a simple comparison between these two dth? I would like to know the initial cost of HD set top box, extra cable charges, installation charges & other extra equipment charges. Also the initial pack charges, any offers & benefits for new connection. If i go through referral program, any benefits. I want to use some HD channels, kannada channels, few sports channels etc. Can i subscribe for the lowest pack & add channels later?

Please provide suggestions so that i can select a DTH in the next few weeks.

Thanks

I can tell you about Tata Sky

HD Box Price is ₹1699 (Free Installation).
Price of Cable is Rs. 0 (upto 10m) Above 10m Rs. 12 per meter.

Initial Pack Price can be anything, totally depend on your selection of Channels.
Yes, You can add or remove any Channel anytime. Tata sky services and Tata sky curated packs has 1 day lock in period while other channels and packs have 0 day lock in period.

You can check out UI of Tata Sky here
I would Recommend you Tata Sky due to it's better Services, complete transparency in charges and best customer care.

Last edited:
I can tell you about Tata Sky

HD Box Price is ₹1699 (Free Installation).
Price of Cable is Rs. 0 (upto 10m) Above 10m Rs. 12 per meter.

Initial Pack Price can be anything, totally depend on your selection of Channels.
Yes, You can add or remove any Channel anytime. Tata sky services and Tata sky curated packs has 1 day lock in period while other channels and packs have 0 day lock in period.

You can check out UI of Tata Sky here
I would Recommend Tata Sky for better Services, complete transparency in charges and best customer care.
If we use that refer and earn scheme will we get 1699-500= 1199 on new connection??

If we use that refer and earn scheme will we get 1699-500= 1199 on new connection??
No refer and earn offer only benefits Referrer by crediting 300 to his account. The original Price of HD box is 2199, Rs 500 discount is already applied.

Last edited:
Since you want HD channels & that too regional then I'll suggest you airtel. Tata Sky is having some PQ issues on regional HD channels. Also, airtel is having the best audio quality.

New connection price would be same as TS as airtel has also reduced the price by ₹200 just like Tata Sky. I am not knowing the real price because website is not updated. Installation & 10m cable is free.

Minimum monthly rent is 153 & maximum depends on your choice. If you'll select airtel basepacks & add-ons then you can select more than 100 channels in the initial slab of NCF.

If anyone will refer you adtv then ₹300 will be credited to his/her account & you'll get a discount of ₹210.

Rest all depends on you. Choose yourself as per your requirements. Remember one thing that service of Tata Sky is more good.

I think officially TS is having 1 day lock-in period because in every advt & posters it's mentioned at the bottom that minimum subscription period is one day. May be due to bug in their online portal channels can be removed anytime.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock