Switched to TATA Sky from Independent TV in monetary loss but no regrets

Desider

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I purchased Tata Sky HD for 2200 from TS website a few days back. Their technician called and did the installation and did not charge as he used the Independent TV cable. I stay on the first floor of a 4 floor building and dish is on the terrace. I had booked Independent TV in March 2018 for 500 and they installed it in Oct 2018 and charged me another 1500 plus 250 for installation another 250 for extra cable and it was supposed to be free till Oct 2019 but they suddenly removed their HD channels from 12 to 8 channels and then to zero HD channels this month and were now asking me to pay for HD even after promising 1 yr paid channels free. Now I am selling Independent Dish and set top box on OLX for 500. Its overall a huge financial loss for me.

Anyway, TATA Sky PQ and AQ is awesome and so many channels available. I will be paying just 263 per month with 8 paid channels which we watch as a family ( Zee, Star Plus, Colors, SET, Baby Tv, CIneplex, Star Gold Select, MTV Beats all in HD) and rest free channels given free by TS or we can also select many free channels like DD News HD, Republic TV, 9XM etc.. I also watch cricket but will select SS 1 HD when matches are live.

Note that I had DishTv for almost 6 years before I took the offer of Independent TV (free paid channels for 1 year) but realized they do not have anough channels plus lot of problems with their PQ and sometimes no picture while watching live match etc. I had free channels for one year as per their transition from Freedom 1999 to Mahabachat Pack but we want to watch HD channels.

Last edited:
I got a "hsv2034tat" set top box. Is it different from the STBs which are being delivered for people buying from Amazon as opposed to TS website directly. Also this is a cardless STB. I noticed the STBs which come when we order from Amazon have cards or 2017 model with old TS logo. Is this why they are charging almost 1000 extra on the TS website for this?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock