153 - Siripoli
154 - Adhithya
155 - Madhimugam
156 - Shalini
157 - Velicham TV
158 - 1 Yes TV
166 - Arra TV
Good info bro. I will update the list on Monday

I went to my native town Thanjavur over the weekend. I have more relatives there in my native town. Here are the updates.
Previously all LCOs provides Arasu analog in the cable and collects 120 per month.
Now LCOs distributed Arasu STB for the cost of 350 and installed the STB with monthly collection of 160. I tuned it and saw all the sports channels . SS1(eng, tamil, and hindi_) , SS2, six, ten1 ,2,3, six and espn.
how cheap it is..when chennai will get these things..
Why rest of TN (except chennai) have all the fun.

I believe below reasons why arasu cable not entered to Chennai
-> LCOs outside chennai already tied to Arasu and it is easy for arasu cable to distribute the STB and connect to digital to all subscribers, where as none or less LCOs only tied to arasu till now and now arasu has connect to each LCOs separately ,then distribute the STBs and collect the amount for subscription.
-> Already SCV distributed STBs to customers with some cost, if arasu start distribute STB with rs. 200 , then the customers who already bought scv stb will ask for free stb as they already paid for SCV stb. LCOs will be in tight situation at that time, hence they rejecting arasu stb or arasu cable connection .
But as far as i know, chennai alone suffers because of CAS / DAS in either india country.

I believe below reasons why arasu cable not entered to Chennai
-> LCOs outside chennai already tied to Arasu and it is easy for arasu cable to distribute the STB and connect to digital to all subscribers, where as none or less LCOs only tied to arasu till now and now arasu has connect to each LCOs separately ,then distribute the STBs and collect the amount for subscription.
-> Already SCV distributed STBs to customers with some cost, if arasu start distribute STB with rs. 200 , then the customers who already bought scv stb will ask for free stb as they already paid for SCV stb. LCOs will be in tight situation at that time, hence they rejecting arasu stb or arasu cable connection .
But as far as i know, chennai alone suffers because of CAS / DAS in either india country.

Except very few customers most customers who already have STB are having it for long so wont bother to pay Rs 200 for Arasu STB, but almost over 90% in my area who have STB are HD subscribers and if LCO supplies them with Arasu SD STB then they will all move to DTH so the only option for Arasu to enter Chennai is via SD & HD STB and leave the subscribers to choose them as per their requirements.

But it still seems Arasu has very few SD STB alone in supply so unless Arasu comes with enough SD & HD STB for LCO's to supply it looks highly impossible for them to enter Chennai.

Its already 2018 and my LCO has still not given any update on the DAS switch over so probably we might continue to have Analogue for the rest of the year.

Except very few customers most customers who already have STB are having it for long so wont bother to pay Rs 200 for Arasu STB, but almost over 90% in my area who have STB are HD subscribers and if LCO supplies them with Arasu SD STB then they will all move to DTH so the only option for Arasu to enter Chennai is via SD & HD STB and leave the subscribers to choose them as per their requirements.

But it still seems Arasu has very few SD STB alone in supply so unless Arasu comes with enough SD & HD STB for LCO's to supply it looks highly impossible for them to enter Chennai.

Its already 2018 and my LCO has still not given any update on the DAS switch over so probably we might continue to have Analogue for the rest of the year.
Yes bro... you are correct. Arasu may success rest of chennai in tamil nadu with SD box. But in chennai, most of the people already tasted the HD flavor. so its hard for Arasu to sustain in chennai without HD

Yes , 2 problems for LCO
1. HD subscribers how to sell the SD STB.
2. Cost of the STB rs.350, how to convey the customer to exchange the stb.

My LCO came today for monthly subscription and told , analogue will cut sooner, mostly this month end, and as usual ,told to buy VK stb for rs. 500. I told big NO to him

Blackout of Sun network Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada channels in TACTV digital(Arasu cable digital) for the past 2 months

I am using TACTV digital(Arasu cable digital) set top box for the past 3 months.There are 3 packages :-
1)Rs.125+18% GST - 208 channels
2)Rs.175+18% GST - 300 channels
3)Rs.225+18%GST - 410 channels(Only for HD set top box)
But till now my cable tv operator is saying that no package details have come for them & they are collecting Rs.200 monthly & giving 300 channels under package 2. In package 2 all the Sun network Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada channels like Gemini TV, Gemini Movies, Gemini Music, Gemini News, Gemini Comedy, Kushi TV, Gemini Life, Surya TV, Surya Movies, Surya Music, Surya Comedy, Kochu TV, Udaya TV, Udaya Movies, Udaya Music, Udaya News, Udaya Comedy, Chintu TV, the all the above channels came for one month but after that the above channels are blackout. Under the package 2 the above channels should be provided but they are blackout for the past 3 months & although I am paying for that channels. Anyone knows when will the above Sun network Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada channels will be back in TACTV digital(Arasu digital) ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock