Tamil FTA Channels (Ku-band) setup in Chennai

ezhilraj82

Reaction score
Hello friends,

I am looking to setup a satellite receiver system to receive as many Free-to-Air Tamil TV channels available over Ku-band in Chennai, please suggest which is the best satellite(s) and what equipment I need to buy, also suggest a store or site to buy them from and installation help available

After reading through several articles I think a combination of Eutelsat 70B at 70.5°E and ABS 2 at 75.0°E 
provides the maximum of Tamil FTA channels

Thanks & Regards,
Ezhil Raj

Rather than Ku band i would suggest you to go for C band setup hunting the Rajnikanth  :lol  of Satelittes  - Intelsat 17 at 66.0°E

Best satellite for Tamil FTA: Intelsat 17 at 66.0°E -  you can get around 40 Tamil channels FTA  :k

Equipment needed: Min. of 6' dish, C band LNB, DVB-S2 MPEG4 capable Set top Box

Store to buy from: There are 100s of stores in Narasingapuram Street or Ritchie Street in Mount Road. Check price from different shops and get the best bargain.

:win :win :win

As per various recent threads 70deg E doesn't have any channels now.. only 75 E , but i don't think it has any tamil channels.. 93.5E is having some tamil channels FTA.. all these can get in a 2ft ku band dish...

And eutelsat TP that carries Tamil and Malayalam channels was switched off one week ago

mmadhankumar said:
Rather than Ku band i would suggest you to go for C band setup hunting the Rajnikanth  :lol  of Satelittes  - Intelsat 17 at 66.0°E

Best satellite for Tamil FTA: Intelsat 17 at 66.0°E -  you can get around 40 Tamil channels FTA  :k

Equipment needed: Min. of 6' dish, C band LNB, DVB-S2 MPEG4 capable Set top Box

Store to buy from: There are 100s of stores in Narasingapuram Street or Ritchie Street in Mount Road. Check price from different shops and get the best bargain.

:win :win :win

Thanks Madhan for the information  :k
Yes the channel list on Intelsat 17 at 66.0°E does look impressive but I don't wanna spend much
I will be happy with just a handful of Tamil TV channels primarily News channels

- Ezhil Raj

Johny said:
As per various recent threads 70deg E doesn't have any channels now.. only 75 E , but i don't think it has any tamil channels.. 93.5E is having some tamil channels FTA.. all these can get in a 2ft ku band dish...

Hi Johny,

Is that freedish?

- Ezhil Raj

ezhilraj82 said:
Hi Johny,

Is that freedish?

- Ezhil Raj

93.5 is DD freedish along with some dish TV FTA channels. flysat.com 93.5 for more details and channel list.

As many said, no good Ku band satellite are having FTA Tamil channels except Dish TV's NSS6 and SES 8 located at 95e. Right now there are few Tamil channels FTA from these satellites. But not sure till what time they will be FTA.

Eutelsat 70 B signals are turned off.
ABS 2 have FTA channels but only UFX is the Tamil FTA channel.

ezhilraj82 said:
Hello friends,

I am looking to setup a satellite receiver system to receive as many Free-to-Air Tamil TV channels available over Ku-band in Chennai, please suggest which is the best satellite(s) and what equipment I need to buy, also suggest a store or site to buy them from and installation help available

After reading through several articles I think a combination of Eutelsat 70B at 70.5°E and ABS 2 at 75.0°E 
provides the maximum of Tamil FTA channels

Thanks & Regards,
95e is better so far as 70.5e is turned off. As mmadhankumar said, better to go for 66e (C-Band) for Tamil channels. :c

why to buy c band buy tata sky u get lot of channels including 60 tamil channels

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock