DDF Exclusive Tata Sky Annual Service Commitment - ASC

Digital Mastermind

Tata Play Expert
Contributor
Reaction score
What is ASC:
Annual Service Commitment (ASC) - a special service offered to Tata Sky subscribers to have STB serviced after the base ASC/Warranty period, which is provided free of cost for one year from activation, is over. ASC is an extended warranty for 12 months.

How does a subscriber avail of the ASC?
The subscriber needs to call the helpline and request for ASC enrolment. A Tata Sky Installer will then visit the subscriber's home to carry out a technical inspection of the equipment, post which he will get the ASC form duly filled and signed by the subscriber.

What is covered under the ASC & what is the validity of the ASC?
This ASC will not cover any wilful physical damage of the set top box or installation material, any form of substitution or replacement that has been done, any defacement of the serial number on the set top box, any voltage fluctuations or rat bites or neglect - on account of improper use.
Validity of ASC is 12 months. Remote is not covered under ASC.

ASC can be taken within the first 4 years of the installation of the connection.

The following is covered under ASC:
STB
LNB
Dish
Adaptor
Free Service Visits

ASC charges : Primary STB / Each Multi TV STB
On the day of Installation: Rs 199 / Rs 199
Within Base ASC: Rs 299 / Rs 249
Post Base ASC: Rs 499 / Rs 449
During the 90 day service service commitment period: Rs 499 / Rs 449

For more info : Tata Sky FAQs

Last edited:
Update: I got call from CC, i asked them about ASC. They said as my half of the materials (LNB, Cable, Dish) have warranty till year end, hence i should take ASC after this expires as i will loose my remaining warranty if i take ASC now.

So i have decided to take ASC once my material warranty expires that is year end.

ASC price after warranty period is Rs. 499/- per year but when a Tata Play installer will visit at home for inspection, then visit charges applicable or not?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock