Breaking Tata Sky applying new TRAI tariff order in website

• Thread starter N.K raj
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,184
  • Views: Views 168,424
Just now I got to know that we'll not be able to watch SD channels for the corresponding HD channels! How on earth this stupid decision is taken by TRAI? Is this regulation made to help or frustrate even more. Now they want us to pay about 200-300 more + so called taxes to watch SD channels! One of the worst decisions ever taken by them! Utter shame.

No where trai said we cannot watch sd version of hd ch.

Trai only said don't combined sd and hd version of a ch in same bouquet because hd chs will not work in sd box/tv but a subscriber will still pay its price and ncf if both sd and hd is kept in same bouquet.

So TRAI asked broadcaster to seperate hd and sd packs

Last edited:
Just now I got to know that we'll not be able to watch SD channels for the corresponding HD channels! How on earth this stupid decision is taken by TRAI? Is this regulation made to help or frustrate even more. Now they want us to pay about 200-300 more + so called taxes to watch SD channels! One of the worst decisions ever taken by them! Utter shame.
yep. and i dont see any hd channel packs corresponding to sd packs. For example, regional packs are all sd channels and there is no hd pack.

There is no HD or SD packs now, each HD and SD channel is treated as separate and each to be paid separately as per Trai,this is just to stop DTH operators to avoid from forcing customers to pay HD and SD and pay double for same content or programmes

2019 cricket world cup in hindi Cricket Commentary on which hd channel Telecast ?

There is no HD or SD packs now, each HD and SD channel is treated as separate and each to be paid separately as per Trai,this is just to stop DTH operators to avoid from forcing customers to pay HD and SD and pay double for same content or programmes
But bro many channels for eg Sony sometimes shows different programs on SD and HD

I don't think there's anything to rejoice here, TS is playing dirty games by

I don't think that's correct because as per TRAI, M.R.P should be displayed on the channels and M.R.P is always inclusive of taxes. So I strongly believe TATA SKY is over charging us.

I don't think so because as per TRAI guidelines, channels should be displaying M.R.P rates and M.R.P is always inclusive of taxes. So, here TATA SKY is clearly overcharging.
Sorry I now realize the prices of exclusive of taxes.

Wait 1 February Tatasky automatically converted there pack
No operator can change pack if they have committed for long duration contract and advance rental is paid just write to Trai complaining your problem
https://main.trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/QOS_Regulation_03_03_2017.pdf
Point 17 of Trai regulation shows
17. Price protection to subscribers.— In case, the broadcasting services related to television have been availed by a subscriber with a lock-in period or the charges for subscription of broadcasting services related to television are paid in advance for a specific period by a subscriber in pursuance of any scheme offered by the distributor of television channels, the distributor shall continue to provide such services for such period to the Page 18 of 67 subscriber without any increase in the price of subscription and without altering the other terms of subscription to the disadvantage of the subscriber.

Yesterday when TS send me the message I got to know finally they implemented new rule, but as I'm out of station I don't have any time to do this useless time consuming exercise (as of now), I'll do the changes if needed only by next Sunday
mTFwnjT.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock