Discussion Tata Sky HD channel has cuts/crops some portion of picture

In TS it have the option, 1080 p. When default it shows 1080i. You go to user settings and change as 1080p. And set your TV picture ratio to 16:9 or original.
Bro only the Humax HD HEVC stb and the Technicolor 4k stb have the 1080p option. All other TS stbs do not have this option. @ravimule bro, you can ask the TS CC for a stb swap. However it is extremely difficult to make these people understand which exact stb is required.

Bro only the Humax HD HEVC stb and the Technicolor 4k stb have the 1080p option. All other TS stbs do not have this option. @ravimule bro, you can ask the TS CC for a stb swap. However it is extremely difficult to make these people understand which exact stb is required.
My one is Humax, bro👍

Hi guys...
I have clicked some pictures, you can compare those for getting better understanding.
See the images.
There is no problem with TV or STB setting.. guys, just check these images once.
Also refer my images and check you television tata sky picture. you will also notice this issue.
Do whatever setting you want to do with you television and stb, I bet you will not get the full picture.
Clearly its 1080i issue, ask customer care to add 1080p, you will get progressive scan so no area will be cropped, also you will get more picture clarity.

Guys please check....
Siva, zaxotes, Pranab

Compare Images

Not sure about LED TVs. But in CRT, I noticed difference between D2H and TS when I switched from D2H to TS. That is because of video colour system. D2H output was NTSC whereas TS is PAL. When we select wrong option in TV, the video will shift towards right or left.

But I haven't see such option in LED TV. If such factor is there for LED TVs too, that could the issue?

I took a snap, it's not a big difference to me.
xjIHrTV.jpg

I remember having seen NTSC/PAL option in a TCL LED TV.
In India most tvs and other video equipment had PAL system. It is not very relevant nowadays as most modern TVs have compatibility with both systems.

Off topic, PS2 games and consoles sold in India were always PAL. NTSC system games did not work on the PAL consoles. The PS3 did not have this restriction, the games were no longer system based.

Have TS 1080p on Sony Bravia 43"
Went through settings and did proper screen setup to regain cropped portion by TV (STB broadcasting full screen)
Noticed that some channels have an unnecessary black ribbon at top/bottom.

When I put my Sony TV display area settings to +1, Zee Bangla HD and Nick HD+ gets some portion chopped off from the bottom. 😂

When I put my Sony TV display area settings to +1, Zee Bangla HD and Nick HD+ gets some portion chopped off from the bottom. 😂
Zee Bangla HD has an unnecessary black bottom ribbon whereas Star Jalsha completely works fine.
The broadcasters use variable resolution which creates this issue.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock