Shubham

Contributor
Reaction score
dtDu0.gif
FAQS on Video on Demand:→

dtDu0.gif
What is VoD ?
N6sGl.gif
Video on Demand is a special service launched by Tata Sky. It offers a large platter of content (TV serials episodes, films, etc) that can be downloaded. It requires a broadband connection. An Ethernet cable will be needed to connect your Tata Sky HD+ box and the router of your broadband connection.

dtDu0.gif
What is the cost of wiring for connecting the Tata Sky+ HD box and the internet in my home?
N6sGl.gif
"Currently the subscribers can get their wiring to the box done free of cost for both existing (with +HD already installed) and new/ upgrade customers. No additional charges for materials. No service visit cost for existing customers who request for Ethernet wiring to box. "

dtDu0.gif
If I have 2 Tata Sky+ HD boxes do I need to wire both boxes to the internet?
N6sGl.gif
If you would like to enjoy the Video on Demand service on both boxes; you will need to wire both the boxes.

dtDu0.gif
What should be the minimum speed that my internet connection should support?
N6sGl.gif
For the best VoD experience, we recommend speeds of 512 kbps or above.

dtDu0.gif
Will this service work with all Internet Service Providers?
N6sGl.gif
It will work with most internet service providers.

dtDu0.gif
Will this work with a USB modem like Tata Photon etc?
N6sGl.gif
No. Currently, we support Ethernet connections only.

dtDu0.gif
My wiring has been done. How do I know my box is connected to the internet?
N6sGl.gif
"Ensure your internet connection is powered on Switch on your Tata Sky+ HD Press organizer on your remote> system settings> IP diagnostics screen Look for IP connection status- Successful/ Failed Press the green button your remote to do an IP diagnostic test If the status is Connected/ Successful your box is connected to the internet. "

dtDu0.gif
My wiring has been done. How do I download any content?
N6sGl.gif
"Ensure your internet connection is powered on Switch on your Tata Sky+ HD Press Showcase on your remote Select VoD Video on Demand View listings under VoD and select your content to download."

dtDu0.gif
Will the download be free of cost?
N6sGl.gif
"Catch Up TV content is available free of cost. This is listed under the free category. The price (when VoD is chargeable) for each movie/ prog is displayed alongside the corresponding storyline/ information You will need to pay for data charges as per the rate applicable by your internet service provider if you are on limited plan."

dtDu0.gif
I have Wi-Fi in my house. Can I avail of the Video on Demand service?
N6sGl.gif
"If your Wi-Fi modem has an Ethernet port, you can avail the service You will need to connect the modem and the Tata Sky+ HD box with Ethernet cable A Tata Sky engineer will be able to do this for you."

dtDu0.gif
How long will it take to download a video?
N6sGl.gif
Depends on the internet connection speed to surf or download; if you are using the internet on your computer simultaneously download may be slower.

dtDu0.gif
What is the average file size of a movie?
N6sGl.gif
Less than 1 GB for 1 hour of content.

dtDu0.gif
Why should I connect my Tata Sky+ HD to the internet?
N6sGl.gif
"Our Video on Demand service will give you access to a large library of over 500 movies, TV shows, Concerts and other special content. You can download the videos and watch at your own convenience. To know when the show/ Concert/ movie will expire and not be available for viewing, check in Download Manager."

dtDu0.gif
The show I watch is not a part of the Tata Sky TV shows on Video on Demand?
N6sGl.gif
"Tata Sky offers only select shows from a pre-defined set of channels We will make every effort to enhance the no. of shows / TV channels in the catalogue in the future."

dtDu0.gif
Which TV shows are currently offered as a part of the VoD service?
N6sGl.gif
Top shows from Star Plus, Colors, SAB TV, NDTV 24x7, UTV Stars and Channel V are being offered currently.

dtDu0.gif
Will the downloaded shows have TV ads?
N6sGl.gif
Yes. The episodes will be shown exactly like you watch them on TV.

dtDu0.gif
How many days episodes will I be able to see in the listings?
N6sGl.gif
You will be able to see listings of the last 5 days episodes for daily shows.

dtDu0.gif
What happens if there is a power cut?
N6sGl.gif
If you had set a programme for download, it will resume download from the same place once the power is back.

dtDu0.gif
I have put a video for downloading but it was not successful. Why?
N6sGl.gif
Failed downloads usually occur due to poor download speeds or perhaps frequent power cuts. Please re-start download once again.

dtDu0.gif
The video I had downloaded is not showing in the download manager?
N6sGl.gif
All downloaded videos have an expiry. This is displayed in the download manager. Once the content has expired it will no longer be listed in download manager.

dtDu0.gif
For how long will a downloaded video be valid?
N6sGl.gif
Check expiry date in download manager.

dtDu0.gif
How do I manually stop a download?
N6sGl.gif
"Go to download manager, press yellow to pause Press yellow again to resume download."

dtDu0.gif
Can I choose all the videos I want to download at one go?
N6sGl.gif
Yes. The videos will get queued for download.

dtDu0.gif
How many videos can I queue/ set for download?
N6sGl.gif
"The download manager can list up to 25 videos at any given time The list is a combination of downloaded, downloading, queued, paused and failed downloads."

dtDu0.gif
How do I know if the video is in SD or HD format?
N6sGl.gif
"HD videos are very heavy to download Keeping broadband speeds across the country in mind, currently we offer videos in SD only."

dtDu0.gif
Can I set a movie to download through the Tata Sky self care section?
N6sGl.gif
No. You can set downloads on the box only.

dtDu0.gif
Can I pre-set a start time for the download?
N6sGl.gif
No. You will need to manually start download at desired time.

dtDu0.gif
Can I download two movies simultaneously?
N6sGl.gif
No. You can download only one movie at a time. You can Q the other movies so that they download automatically one after another.

dtDu0.gif
Can I cancel a download if I decide I don’t wish to watch it?
N6sGl.gif
Yes. Go to download manager. Highlight the video and press the red button to delete it.

dtDu0.gif
Can I view a trailer of the episode before downloading?
N6sGl.gif
No. We are currently not offering this facility.

dtDu0.gif
Do I need to keep my box and TV on while downloading?
N6sGl.gif
Your TV can be off. The box should be in power on/ stand by mode. The main power connection to the box should be on.

dtDu0.gif
Will my parental lock settings be implemented across downloaded content?
N6sGl.gif
Yes. At the time of playback you will be requested for a password.

dtDu0.gif
Can I download a movie and record 2 shows simultaneously on the Tata Sky+ HD box?
N6sGl.gif
Yes. The download process will not affect any of the functions of the Tata Sky+ HD.

dtDu0.gif
If I have two Tata Sky+ HD boxes that are connected to the internet; can I download different content on both boxes?
N6sGl.gif
Yes.

dtDu0.gif
Once the video is downloaded will it affect the space available for recording on the Tata Sky+ HD box?
N6sGl.gif
"Yes. The hard disk on the Tata Sky+ HD box will be used up for all recordings from TV channels + downloads from the VoD service. Please delete viewed content regularly to ensure that you have enough space to record and download."

dtDu0.gif
I am a Mega Pack subscriber; get 12 Showcase movies free. Will these downloads be counted as one of the free movies?
N6sGl.gif
No. Free downloads from the Video on Demand catalogue will not be counted toward your 12 free showcase movies.

dtDu0.gif
I have not connected my box to the internet. Why cant I see VoD listings? I could see them before.
N6sGl.gif
The old VoD content has expired. We will soon push fresh content on to your hard disk.

dtDu0.gif
Why can't I keep downloaded catch up TV content for as long as I wish? I can keep the same episodes however long if I record it from TV?
N6sGl.gif
"Our arrangement with broadcasters/ channel owners requires us to allow usage of downloaded video on demand content for a limited period. "

dtDu0.gif
My box is not connected right now how can access my downloaded content ?
N6sGl.gif
Go to plan and select download manager to view downloaded content.

jNmwQ.gif
OVVgE.gif
For More Info
OVVgE.gif

Excellent info bro. :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock