Tata sky hd with yamaha-yht196

venkatesh CB

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Recently i purchased yamaha 196 and tatasky hd using optical cable i have connected my setop box with receiver even in hd channels i cant hear sorround sound in my yamaha speakers. Even i have tried using TS hd to yamaha hdmi and yamaha hdmi to my tv...still am not working for me can anyone suggest plz..

Last edited:
Waah! post some pics, how much did you pay, from where u purchased ?
You could try using HDMI, connect TS HDMI > HT HDMI and HT HDMI > TV HDMI. OR
You could try TS optical out > HT optical in and TS HDMI out to TV HDMI in.

Last edited:
In Tata sky you select audio Dolby digital. And also check in home theatre 2.1 mode or 5.1 mode in setting

Check in Sound Settings under user settings in STB if HDMI output is PCM, then change to Dolby Digital, same for Optical Audio/SPDIF

Befor using tata sky hd set top box i was videocon hd set top box with same hdmi seting in my yamaha..in sony pix hd channel..the sound was awesome..but why the in the same setting and same channel not working in tata sky hd..am i missing something here

Hello guys,

Recently i purchased yamaha 196 and tatasky hd using optical cable i have connected my setop box with receiver even in hd channels i cant hear sorround sound in my yamaha speakers. Even i have tried using TS hd to yamaha hdmi and yamaha hdmi to my tv...still am not working for me can anyone suggest plz..

Hi Bro,

Me too having same YHT 196 with Tatasky HD and getting gud sound.. [Note ; I tested using HDMI & Optical [belkin optical audio cable] But getting better sound o/p in Optical only.. So connect STB to YHT via Optical cable in Audio 1 [See back side of Home theatre receiver] and Connect STB HDMI to TV HDMI for video..

Tatasky STB Optical Out to YHT 196 Audio 1 input [Audio 4 for TV ]
Also In remote Sound option select "Movie" button for DTS & Dolby sounds..

Refer : https://in.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/4/324844/HTR-2064_om_En.pdf
[Refer Page No : 22,23,24]

Last edited:
Hi Bro,

Me too having same YHT 196 with Tatasky HD and getting gud sound.. [Note ; I tested using HDMI & Optical [belkin optical audio cable] But getting better sound o/p in Optical only.. So connect STB to YHT via Optical cable in Audio 1 [See back side of Home theatre receiver] and Connect STB HDMI to TV HDMI for video..

Tatasky STB Optical Out to YHT 196 Audio 1 input [Audio 4 for TV ]
Also In remote Sound option select "Movie" button for DTS & Dolby sounds..

Refer : https://in.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/4/324844/HTR-2064_om_En.pdf
[Refer Page No : 22,23,24]

Bro,

Is that your yamaha receiver shows dobly digital on you fron panel? while playing surround sound?

S am getting Dolby sound.. In display i have All 5 channels are displaying [L,R,F,etc...] also i have Philips Bluray Player by that receiver giving DTS MA 5.1 also..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock