Discussion Tata Sky Picture Quality Issues On Few HD Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent an email to that email. Meanwhile, I got the below response from the CEO desk.

We regret the inconvenience caused and we really appreciate your valuable feedback on our service.

We have notified the concerned department and we will ensure to improve our services.

Further to the validation from our field service and technology team, we understand that there is no technical issue with your Tata Sky equipment.

Not sure, all I know is, this up scaling affects all customers who are using a Home Theater due to reduced volume levels on most of the channels! And IMO, any kind of up scaling doesn't work properly in terms of audio, the original quality will not be there!

Completely agree with you on this. Having been an Airtel DTH customer and now a TS customer, I feel volume for most of the channels are reduced in TS :(

I have sent a reply as below.

Hello,

This is not something I can live with, if you don't resolve the issue. If the broadcasting parameters need to be adjusted in order to fix this, so be it! I also understand that there is no issue with the equipment as such and I have repeatedly stated this in my earlier emails too. If there is an issue with the equipment, I should notice the issue on all the HD channels! The issue seems to be with your BROADCASTING PARAMETERS where you are compressing the regional HD channels purposefully to save space IMO. You must talk to the broadcasting team and ask them what is the difference between these channels and the other HD channels like Star Sports1 HD or Star Movies HD in the broadcasting parameters. If there is indeed a difference, you must address to change the regional HD channel parameters to match the other channels in quality.

If you are unable to address this issue right now, at least give me a written confirmation as to what is the exact root cause for this quality difference and why it can't be resolved. If it's because of TP space constraints, you can just tell me and I will move on. It doesn't help me to make a decision if you say "We have taken your feedback and we will improve our services", because there is no timeline as to when you will improve. So, just tell me the root cause for the issue and the reason it can't be solved. We have other options in the market, where we are getting superior quality on HD channels compared to Tata Sky which claims to be No 1 DTH in India! Thank You, please let me know ASAP!

@Siva bro really u r great just not leaving this issue and u r trying ur best frm ur side to resolve the video quality problem on HD channels i hope TS soon resolve the problem let hope fr best

I have sent a reply as below.

Hello,

This is not something I can live with, if you don't resolve the issue. If the broadcasting parameters need to be adjusted in order to fix this, so be it! I also understand that there is no issue with the equipment as such and I have repeatedly stated this in my earlier emails too. If there is an issue with the equipment, I should notice the issue on all the HD channels! The issue seems to be with your BROADCASTING PARAMETERS where you are compressing the regional HD channels purposefully to save space IMO. You must talk to the broadcasting team and ask them what is the difference between these channels and the other HD channels like Star Sports1 HD or Star Movies HD in the broadcasting parameters. If there is indeed a difference, you must address to change the regional HD channel parameters to match the other channels in quality.

If you are unable to address this issue right now, at least give me a written confirmation as to what is the exact root cause for this quality difference and why it can't be resolved. If it's because of TP space constraints, you can just tell me and I will move on. It doesn't help me to make a decision if you say "We have taken your feedback and we will improve our services", because there is no timeline as to when you will improve. So, just tell me the root cause for the issue and the reason it can't be solved. We have other options in the market, where we are getting superior quality on HD channels compared to Tata Sky which claims to be No 1 DTH in India! Thank You, please let me know ASAP!

Bro, Excellent Message you posted to Tatasky team. I am very sure Tatasky has Quality Issue with PQ & AQ (very Worst always Low Volume)..I am very sure they will not rectify.. But i appreciate your effort bro. Without Quality Quantity waste only..Thanks..

Hi Zee cinimalu Hd is picture quality is better in all movies like old and new content but sun net work channels like Gemini HD,an Gemini Movies HD is not good picture quality in old movies back in 3 to 4 years movies not a full HD p quality and the Scope is very High..what is the reason and not true Dolby audio.how to solve the isuue..

I am thinking about not renewing dth with such substandard picture quality I get and I pay a lot of money .instead I am looking at shifting to cheaper alternatives like hotstar ,Sony liv .

I am thinking about not renewing dth with such substandard picture quality I get and I pay a lot of money .instead I am looking at shifting to cheaper alternatives like hotstar ,Sony liv .
OTT platforms like Hotstar are not cheaper options, you have to consider the internet pack cost also...

@sakthi_ums I already have 20 Mbps unlimited optic fibre connection. So no worries for that . Hotstar costs 1200 rupees for a year Sony liv costs 720 rupees . Still a lot cheaper then what I am paying to get for dth broadcasters

Even i have observed the Blurriness on Star Maa movies HD channel while a group of people dancing together, which is pointed out by Siva Bro. I have tweeted them about the issue and got a call from CEO team and arranged a technician visit on Saturday and asked me to take a video or snapshot to show to the person. He is informing me that "No one has informed / complained us about the Issue on Regional HD channel till date, and am the first person to do so". So please tweet (Include Harit Nagpaul too) them who ever has observed the issue on HD channels, so that it will go to larger group and hope will get resolution..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock