Discussion Tata Sky Picture Quality Issues On Few HD Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sent an email as below.

Dear Sir,

I would like to bring a very serious quality issue on Tata Sky HD channels to your notice. I'm facing an issue with the picture quality on below HD channels.

1. Zee Cinemalu HD
2. Star Maa Movies HD
3. Star Maa HD
4. Zee Telugu HD
5. ETV HD
6. Gemini TV HD

The faces are blurred and the picture is very unclear when the images are moving fast or it's a long shot instead of close shot. It is like watching a 240p video on a poor internet connection. This is specific to only the above HD channels and all the other HD channels are fine and do not have this issue. I have shifted from Sun Direct HD to Tata Sky HD and I was using the same TV with same picture settings on Sun Direct HD too. This issue was not there on Sun Direct HD. Before Sun Direct HD, I was using Airtel Digital TV for almost 8 years, I did not face such issue on the above mentioned HD channels. I can say that this is specific to Tata Sky.

I raised two complaints for this issue. First complaint number was xxxxxx. Technician visited my home and said that this is not an issue with the set-top box or TV, he mentioned that this issue exists from long time and they received several complaints on the same. All the complaints were closed without any resolution. He shot a video of me talking about the issue and said he will forward it to the technical team. However, the complaint was closed on the same day with absolutely no resolution. Then I raised another complaint for the same issue. The complaint number is xxxxx. I have been receiving calls from the customer care team everyday on this. They are doing a refresh of my account everyday and have been asking me if the issue was resolved. I kept telling them this will not be resolved by a mere refresh as it's an issue that has to be addressed at the back end.

Yesterday I received a call again. The executive did another refresh and asked me to check if it's better. I said it will not be resolved with a mere refresh. I asked her to forward the complaint to the technical team. She said they already did and they are asking for a screenshot with error code. I said there's no error code, the issue is with the picture quality. She insisted for a screenshot of the issue. I told her you won't understand the issue with a screenshot and I'll send a video. She said they won't accept a video they need a picture. I agreed that I'll send the picture showing the issue, but I need an email from her saying they won't accept video but only photo. I did not receive any email yet. I clearly did not understand why a screenshot is needed for such an easily noticeable issue. Anyone who just watches these channels for 10 minutes can understand the issue very easily.

Although it was extremely difficult, I managed to click few pictures which clearly shows the issue. The pictures were taken on Star Maa Movies HD. I'm sending the pictures to you. Please zoom in the pictures and see how the faces are blurred and not at all visible in the long shots. At the same time, you can clearly see the faces in the close up shots. This is just like how a low HD quality video like 240p or 480p behaves. I hope you will take necessary steps to address this issue ASAP. Thanks in advance.

That email seems to have worked. I received a call from technical team. They said they are looking into it. Now the technician is here with a DVR box. We are going to check the quality on it.

That email seems to have worked. I received a call from technical team. They said they are looking into it. Now the technician is here with a DVR box. We are going to check the quality on it.
I thought, HD channel quality is same on HD (old&new), DVR and 4k box. I am eagerly waiting for the result of your testing(DVR box)...

Testing completed. The picture quality was exactly same on the DVR box as well. The technician who came to check was surprised to see the blurred images on these channels, especially Maa Movies HD. He was wondering how come no one noticed it till now. He then connected me with their AP Customer Service Head and AP Technical Training Lead, these two guys assured me to get this issue resolved. However, the complaint I raised can't be kept open as there is nothing that the technician can do at my home using the Work Order. So, they have closed the complaint, and they are going to call me back in next 48 hours with an update. I got their numbers as well. All the videos and pictures I have were forwarded to these two guys. I feel like this issue is now moving in right direction, fingers crossed. Let us see.

TS increased DD Audio levels in many HD channels. Like in Sony Rox HD the volume is now better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock