Signal Quality: 25%
BER: 9.9dB

Channel: Test GSAT (2032)
Signal Strength: 90%
Signal Level: 243
Signal Quality: 60%
MER: 12.6dB

Model: HD Zapper (0xa7)

What should be the minimum signal quality for clear picture and sound ?

Unlike analogue which depends on strength to get good pic , You are getting digital signal now so strength does not matter. It's either 1 means clear picture or 0 means no signal. That signal meter is for getting pic in cloudy/rainy day. The more signal you get the less chance for you to get no signal on tv during rain

Last edited:
Unlike analogue which depends on strength to get good pic , You are getting digital signal now so strength does not matter. It's either 1 means clear picture or 0 means no signal. That signal meter is for getting pic in cloudy/rainy day. The more signal you get the less chance for you to get no signal on tv during rain
Do you mean to say very less signal quality also will give good quality pic and sound.I guess as the signal quality comes down the picture and sound gets distorted or freezes if am not wrong. Please note i am mentioning signal quality..Not the signal strength.
And secondly what needs to be done to get high signal quality..Does it depend on dish and LNB alignment?

Last edited:
Do you mean to say very less signal quality also will give good quality pic and sound.I guess as the signal quality comes down the picture and sound gets distorted or freezes if am not wrong. Please note i am mentioning signal quality..Not the signal strength.
And secondly what needs to be done to get high signal quality..Does it depend on dish and LNB alignment?

Signal quality is the amount of bits received as against expected real broadcast. Now to overcome the lost bits(due to environmental issues) every digital stream include error correcting bit so if your signal has less quality then your receiver will use those error correcting bits to recalculate the correct bit and produce media on tv. Ultimately what you get is the original stream thanks to those error correction.

Signal quality is the amount of bits received as against expected real broadcast. Now to overcome the lost bits(due to environmental issues) every digital stream include error correcting bit so if your signal has less quality then your receiver will use those error correcting bits to recalculate the correct bit and produce media on tv. Ultimately what you get is the original stream thanks to those error correction.
Nice complex reply..But can you tell me in simple terms the relation between dish /LNB alignment vs signal quality

Nice complex reply..But can you tell me in simple terms the relation between dish /LNB alignment vs signal quality
In simple terms Signal quality does not impact PQ/AQ. You either get Picture and Sound or You don't get them properly like what happens in rainy season. You won't see a difference of 720p vs 480p just because your signal quality is more.

ngwp7a.jpg

Aaj Tak HD
Signal Level 255
MER 15.0dB

Getting Tata Sky signals as side LNB to my 4 feet dish antenna which is pointing at 105.5 East.

l1wzf8Q.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock