Breaking Tata Sky will provide new Tariff Plans - Discussions (TRAI Tariff Order w.e.f 1st Feb 2019)

According to the article, it told TRAI orally that they should read and read again the SC judgement. In it, apparently, they say that the entire 2017 order is upheld, including the 15% cap. But some interested parties, along with certain media outlets, made it look like TRAI did not have the right to impose 15% cap. This is what I read somewhere today.

You need to read sc order also . It upheld both trai regulation and Madras HC order. That's where the problem is as Madras hc stuck down 15% rule

I read it. It said it agrees with the Madras High Court order that Star India's petition has to be dismissed. And it says specifically that the 15% rule is not violative of any rights. All that TRAI needs to do is send broadcasters a directive to implement the 15% rule and impose fines on those who don't. These guys will go to the court and the court will have to interpret what the SC has said.

You need to read sc order also . It upheld both trai regulation and Madras HC order. That's where the problem is as Madras hc stuck down 15% rule

I read it. It said it agrees with the Madras High Court order that Star India's petition has to be dismissed. And it says specifically that the 15% rule is not violative of any rights. All that TRAI needs to do is send broadcasters a directive to implement the 15% rule and impose fines on those who don't. These guys will go to the court and the court will have to interpret what the SC has said.
Yeah read that. But TRAI don't seem to budge. Why can't it send a notice to broadcasters. Let them go to court against it. Then do whatever SC decides on 15%cap

To me, it looks like these big companies must have brought some pressure on TRAI and TRAI has now changed its mind. Perhaps some pressure on govt?
In this period the most pressure is from people who gonna vote in LS polls in 3 month time. If govt somehow manages to implement this 15% rule it will earn goodwill of people. We can choose cheap a la carte channels. Monthly TV bill will reduce as compared to now after 1st Feb

Yes. But parties also need funds to fight elections. Also, media channel coverage also matters. You have to keep media bosses happy.

I haven't recharged my Tata Sky for 3 months now. Just relying on Hotstar & Sony Liv with Chromecast. Waiting for the implementation of TRAI order. Hope it doesn't get extended beyond 15th Jan. 🙄

I haven't recharged my Tata Sky for 3 months now. Just relying on Hotstar & Sony Liv with Chromecast. Waiting for the implementation of TRAI order. Hope it doesn't get extended beyond 15th Jan. 🙄
One can add Zee5 app to Sony live and Hotstar,most of channels are covered

Adding to my above point, presently one had to take some or the other SD base pack or add on before adding HD Top Ups bcoz there were no HD base packs, HD variant of many important channels are still unavailable & there was policies like HD Access Fee by operators like Tata Sky. Taking such SD channels thru a-la-carte was not possible due to inflated rates so actually we were paying for SD as well as HD feed of same channel for no valid reason. This issue will also be sorted by TRAI Tariff Order.

Lastly i still remember that not only recently Tata Sky did not give proper refund for Sony channels they had dropped, neither they decreased package/add on rates by same proportion. They charge Rs. 5 each for English Movie Channel in base packs while same is increased to Rs. 10 incase of Add On and to Rs. 50 in a-la-carte but they were giving 1 or 2 Rs. Monthly Refund for these channels to us. Also how can i forget that Tata Sky subscribers did not even get GST reduction benefit.

This is why i rate Airtel much above Tata Sky except maybe on customer care front. Airtel might not have added all HD channels owing to less subscribers in premium segment but look how well they priced their offerings, gave so many discounted packs suitable for every strata of society

Adding to my above point, presently one had to take some or the other SD base pack or add on before adding HD Top Ups bcoz there were no HD base packs, HD variant of many important channels are still unavailable & there was policies like HD Access Fee by operators like Tata Sky. Taking such SD channels thru a-la-carte was not possible due to inflated rates so actually we were paying for SD as well as HD feed of same channel for no valid reason. This issue will also be sorted by TRAI Tariff Order.

Lastly i still remember that not only recently Tata Sky did not give proper refund for Sony channels they had dropped, neither they decreased package/add on rates by same proportion. They charge Rs. 5 each for English Movie Channel in base packs while same is increased to Rs. 10 incase of Add On and to Rs. 50 in a-la-carte but they were giving 1 or 2 Rs. Monthly Refund for these channels to us. Also how can i forget that Tata Sky subscribers did not even get GST reduction benefit.

This is why i rate Airtel much above Tata Sky except maybe on customer care front. Airtel might not have added all HD channels owing to less subscribers in premium segment but look how well they priced their offerings, gave so many discounted packs suitable for every strata of society
That is why Tatasky is fighting case with Kapil Sibal as most expensive lawyer because Tatasky is unable to digest how a customer can get a channel for Rs1 or 2 then how they will get Rs400 crore profit like before with this Rs153 network capacity fee,they are really having sleepless night,they know Thier time for huge profits by customers money is over or one can say they know the business model they created for huge profit is gone

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock