Tatasky hd settop box models

Today morning my Humax STB stopped receiving signals. Engineer swapped it with this same STB 'Skyworth HS3C03'.

This STB has 1080i 60Hz as well while my earlier box only had 50Hz.
Never faced channel freezing in either of the boxes.
This box does not have Optical S/PDIF port.
Language revert issue (Langauge switching back to english even after choosing Hindi) is still there in channels with Dolby Digital.

IMG-20190819-165944.jpg

IMG-20190819-163945.jpg

Today morning my Humax STB stopped receiving signals. Engineer swapped it with this same STB 'Skyworth HS3C03'.

This STB has 1080i 60Hz as well while my earlier box only had 50Hz.
Never faced channel freezing in either of the boxes.
This box does not have Optical S/PDIF port.
Language revert issue (Langauge switching back to english even after choosing Hindi) is still there in channels with Dolby Digital.

IMG-20190819-165944.jpg

IMG-20190819-163945.jpg
Did you pay any extra charges for swapping stb? How's the picture quality of sd channels on new stb?

Last edited:
Did you pay any extra charges for swapping stb? How's the picture quality of sd channels?
It was under warranty, so no swapping charges.
Picture quality: No significant difference. Picture seems to be more compressed I had to increase sharpness of my TV to full. :rolleyes:

It was under warranty, so no swapping charges.
Picture quality: No significant difference. Picture seems to be more compressed I had to increase sharpness of my TV to full. :rolleyes:
To the point....so new model has more compression...old model non-hevc one had outstanding clarity...I used to keep sharpness at 25, backlight at 5...in Panna hevc box sharpness is 60 and backlight 9

I will ask technician for old box...let's see

HEVC STB works best when the compression is HEVC from uplink center. As of now it's MPEG4 so I feel that's why some users get dullness

I was at my uncles place for some days and he has the technicolour HEVC HD Panna STB. I didn't find any PQ issues in that STB. It was good

Humax HEVC STB which I was using before had some PQ issues like dullness

HEVC STB works best when the compression is HEVC from uplink center. As of now it's MPEG4 so I feel that's why some users get dullness

I was at my uncles place for some days and he has the technicolour HEVC HD Panna STB. I didn't find any PQ issues in that STB. It was good

Humax HEVC STB which I was using before had some PQ issues like dullness
It could be due to TV also...maybe my TV doesn't support HEVC and hence reducing the quality

It could be due to TV also...maybe my TV doesn't support HEVC and hence reducing the quality
Why does the TV need to support HEVC, when the input signal is not HEVC!!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock