TataSky HD to TataSky+ HD (DVR)

agsbond

Reaction score
Hi,

I own a TS HD box. I would like to upgrade TS+ HD box.
From the users here, I would like your help in knowing:

1. How many channels can be recorded at the same time?
2. Do the box needs to be completely on or just needs to be in standby, for recording?
3. Can we transfer the recorded content to some other device? Like maybe to your Android phone?
4. Can we schedule recording?

Any other advantages/disadvantages I am not aware of, please let me know. :)

Thanks in advance! :)

1. 2 channels at the same time. You are gonna have to watch the second channel in order to record it.
2. Device has to be turned on during the time of recording.
3. No, you can't transfer recording to any other device.
4. Yes, you can schedule recording.

It's not worth the price. If you want an Android based set top box. Get yourself Internet TV. It's not overpriced like the PVR box's. And even let's you record the show you are watching.

Last edited:
1. 2 channels at the same time. You are gonna have to watch the second channel in order to record it.

It's not worth the price. If you want an Android based set top box. Get yourself Internet TV. It's not overpriced like the PVR box's. And even let's you record the show you are watching.

Which box do you recommend for Internet TV?

I want to correct something.

You can record from 3 different channels at same time.

1. How many channels can be recorded at the same time?
Three channel can be recorded at same time. TS+ HD has triple tuners.

Bonus is you only need to get one wire from dish (connected via super lnb) to STB instead of older DVRs where two wires were required.
Wrong information.

2. Do the box needs to be completely on or just needs to be in standby, for recording?
Stand by mode is enough. You don't need to keep STB completely ON while recording is happening.
Again wrong.

3. Can we transfer the recorded content to some other device? Like maybe to your Android phone?
Earlier transfer was possible but later they discontinued the android/ios transfer feature due to less demand and buggy app. The revamped app of Tata Sky had those features removed.
Breaking News - Transfer feature will be withdrawn from Tata Sky HDPVR Transfer boxes effect July 20th (Tentative)

4. Can we schedule recording?
Yes, you can schedule recording. Even when outside, you can schedule recordings via Tata Sky mobile app. Just use Tata Sky mobile app or mytatasky.com (selfcare portal).

Any other advantages/disadvantages I am not aware of, please let me know. :)
Wifi dongle comes with Tata Sky+ HD STB with which you can connect pair mobile to STB and use it as a remote without showing it into TV.
DDF Exclusive - New Tata Sky WiFi remote UI and features

You can also enjoy webOS apps to play internet videos, news and other apps.

Catch up tv is available with which you can view past 7 days episodes of many popular channels. It was available for me while i checked last month.

DD via HDMI bug exist which is also same in HD box. That's the only disadvantage i can think of.

Let me know if you need links to read detailed information of those, i will dig the forum and share it here for you.

It's not worth the price. If you want an Android based set top box. Get yourself Internet TV. It's not overpriced like the PVR box's. And even let's you record one series at the time.
Again wrong. It was launched ahead of time and with in-built 500 GB HDD so price is as per that time. Other compaines had launched similar models like D2h and ADTV for lesser cost but later discontinued due to huge loss in their profit margins. We are enjoying the product by Tata Sky till now because they are still getting profits due to higher costs. Day by day prices are increasing but TS launched at higher cost from the beginning so they are still managing with that price.

Internet TV can't be compared to TS+ HD. You need to download many apps through internet. Even for recording of any show, you need to store them in airtel's cloud server on Internet TV but on TS+ HD that is not the case. It gets stored on inbuilt HDD itself.

@Dipjyoti Roy bro, make sure people won't get confused if you are unsure with a product features as they might miss out original facts due to it. If you are unsure of actual information, wait for actual product users to arrive so OP can be assisted better.

I have used Tata Sky's first DVR which was of standard defination with 160GB and launched on diwali 2008, later upgraded into 320GB HD+ and now 500 GB HD+. All having good features, almost with no bugs and better compared to their older generations. Pretty satisfied with it.

Three channel can be recorded at same time. TS+ HD has triple tuners.

Bonus is you only need to get one wire from dish (connected via super lnb) to STB instead of older DVRs where two wires were required.

Wrong information.

Stand by mode is enough. You don't need to keep STB completely ON while recording is happening.

Again wrong.

Earlier transfer was possible but later they discontinued the android/ios transfer feature due to less demand and buggy app. The revamped app of Tata Sky had those features removed.
Breaking News - Transfer feature will be withdrawn from Tata Sky HDPVR Transfer boxes effect July 20th (Tentative)

Yes, you can schedule recording. Even when outside, you can schedule recordings via Tata Sky mobile app. Just use Tata Sky mobile app or mytatasky.com (selfcare portal).

Wifi dongle comes with Tata Sky+ HD STB with which you can connect pair mobile to STB and use it as a remote without showing it into TV.
DDF Exclusive - New Tata Sky WiFi remote UI and features

You can also enjoy webOS apps to play internet videos, news and other apps.

Catch up tv is available with which you can view past 7 days episodes of many popular channels. It was available for me while i checked last month.

DD via HDMI bug exist which is also same in HD box. That's the only disadvantage i can think of.

Let me know if you need links to read detailed information of those, i will dig the forum and share it here for you.

Again wrong. It was launched ahead of time and with in-built 500 GB HDD so price is as per that time. Other compaines had launched similar models like D2h and ADTV for lesser cost but later discontinued due to huge loss in their profit margins. We are enjoying the product by Tata Sky till now because they are still getting profits due to higher costs. Day by day prices are increasing but TS launched at higher cost from the beginning so they are still managing with that price.

Internet TV can't be compared to TS+ HD. You need to download many apps through internet. Even for recording of any show, you need to store them in airtel's cloud server on Internet TV but on TS+ HD that is not the case. It gets stored on inbuilt HDD itself.

@Dipjyoti Roy bro, make sure people won't get confused if you are unsure with a product features as they might miss out original facts due to it. If you are unsure of actual information, wait for actual product users to arrive so OP can be assisted better.

I have used Tata Sky's first DVR which was of standard defination with 160GB and launched on diwali 2008, later upgraded into 320GB HD+ and now 500 GB HD+. All having good features, almost with no bugs and better compared to their older generations. Pretty satisfied with it.
Noted. Next time I'll wait. Nobody answered it. So I googled and answer.

Which box do you recommend for Internet TV?
Few points about InternetTV then you campare both -

1. Android based STB. Many popular apps are available on Playstore like Netflix, Prime Video, Hotstar, Voot, MX Player etc.. etc.....

2. With InternetTV STB you will get free access to Eros Now Premium, ALT Balaji, HOOQ contents.

3. Multiple Channels Recording not possible due to single tuner. Only the channel your currently watching can be recorded on Cloud Server/Pendrive.

4. But you have the Catchup-feature Where you can watch past 7 days shows with Internet Connection (you dont need to record any show). This feature only works on Cloud Server Enabled Channels. Many popular channels have this feature like Star Pus, Zee TV, Colors etc

Finally, i can say InternetTV is more to suitable to users who wants to enjoy DTH & OTT apps in a single STB.

Last edited:
@Bapun Raz Thank you for that detailed info :)

Btw, is there any way to know which all channels support the catch up Tv option? I am mainly interested in the HD Sports channels - both Sony and Star ones.

Also, I saw somewhere like there are different boxes. Like HEVC and regular ones. Maybe I am wrong. So should I ask for some particular box?

Btw, is there any way to know which all channels support the catch up Tv option? I am mainly interested in the HD Sports channels - both Sony and Star ones.
I will check and let you know.
Also, I saw somewhere like there are different boxes. Like HEVC and regular ones. Maybe I am wrong. So should I ask for some particular box?
Those are HD boxes. HD+ has single type box since its launch, manufactured by Pace (the same company which produces boxes for Sky UK).

Nobody answered it. So I googled and answer.
Bro, he posted on 12.03 pm, you answered in 12.11 pm. You could have waited more to get accurate answer as members may not be online to answer as soon as question has been posted.

This forum is a more accurate knowledge base than Google for any indian dth related queries. Google randomly selects answers according to questions so might have linked to an outdated answer.

But yea, older TS+ HD DVR has dual tuners which got discontinued in 2015.

Guess i answered like 4 to 5 times since last year saying Tata Sky DVR has triple tuners. So digging few recent threads would have cleared it. Anyways leave it.

Hi Guys

What's the price to upgrade from HD STB to HD+ STB after new TRAI rules ???

Also how is the PQ of the hd + STB as compared to the technicolour hd STB ???

Is it worth to upgrade to hd + STB as of today ???

Also any chance of new hd recording STB being launched/Android stb???

Pls give Ur valuable feedback hd+ STB users

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock