Tatasky Remote

pochisur

Reaction score
Hi All..

I have two tata sky HD connections , one with universal remote. I had a peculiar problem of my Philips TV switching off whenever i pressed GUIDE button of the universal remote of Tatasky.

I tried with the normal tatasky remote and again the same problem exists. It happens with only one model of Philips LCD TV ( I have another model of Philips LCD and both remotes do not switch off that TV when GUIDE button is pressed ).

Can you pls help? It is really irritating that TV gets off every time we use GUIDE

Really strange problem. I think u need to contact Philips service center as there is no such problem with us.

pochisur said:
Hi All..

I have two tata sky HD connections , one with universal remote. I had a peculiar problem of my Philips TV switching off whenever i pressed GUIDE button of the universal remote of Tatasky.

I tried with the normal tatasky remote and again the same problem exists. It happens with only one model of Philips LCD TV ( I have another model of Philips LCD and both remotes do not switch off that TV when GUIDE button is pressed ).

Can you pls help? It is really irritating that TV gets off every time we use GUIDE

You need to check if some sort of signal from the STB itself is causing your TV to switch off. Is your STB directly connected to the TV? What sort of connection are you using - HDMI or AV? Whatever connection, first disconnect the signal cable from the STB to TV, then press the Guide button on the remote. If the TV still switches off, we will know that the Guide IR signal somehow matches the Power Off IR signal of your TV. If it doesn't we will know the STB is causing your TV to switch off.

Does guide menu gets opened when guide button pressed

Sent from my Connect-2G-2.0

This is strange problem.
I think if STB is causing your TV to switch off then you need to contact TS for solution.
Also you check the IR signal problem by keeping remote very near to STB so that it will not affect TV set.
Hope to see some solution from TS if required & someone from TS helps you.
Please update about the solution you get.

Just swap ur both ts stb n see if the pro comes again or not ..this will provide u an idea what is faulty ur box or ur tv

Sorry for the delayed response.
If I keep the remote very near to the STB, it does not switch off the TV and the guide menu comes up.
Removal of HDMI cable does not help, still the TV switches off from a distance if Guide is pressed.
I guess its a case of guide IR signal matching with that of the Switch button of TV. Will talk to technical team of TS and get back on 3rd Dec, as I will be on trip.
Thanks.

pochisur said:
Sorry for the delayed response.
If I keep the remote very near to the STB, it does not switch off the TV and the guide menu comes up.
Removal of HDMI cable does not help, still the TV switches off from a distance if Guide is pressed.
I guess its a case of guide IR signal matching with that of the Switch button of TV. Will talk to technical team of TS and get back on 3rd Dec, as I will be on trip.
Thanks.
dipayan said:
Really strange problem. I think u need to contact Philips service center as there is no such problem with us.

You can switch off suspected STB, remove its power plug & then try using only remote control just to check if TV gets switched off.
I hope TS & Philips doesn't shove responsibility for this weird problem onto each other & you will get the problem resolved ASAP.
There must be some database of IR codes for manufacturers & they must be following the guidelines to avoid duplicate IR code. May be the manufacturer of new device should have cross-checked the IR codes if its code duplication problem.

Yeah unplug stb completely from main. Then switch on only TV not stb then press guide button and see what happen. Does it switch of your TV if yes then contact Philips and ts and tell them that both IR frequencies are same.

Switching off the STB is not helping. The TS remote still switches off the TV.

Another interesting thing is that the info button is also switching off the TV like the Guide button. Tried all the buttons, other buttons do not interfere with the TV.

Will contact the Philips people and will get back if and when they respond.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock