Breaking Three broadcasters challenge PB’s new slot e-auction policy for DD Free Dish in Delhi HC

• Thread starter Sekhon
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 9
  • Views: Views 1,827
MUMBAI: Broadcasters 9X Media, B4U Broadband and TV Vision have challenged the Prasar Bharati’s new policy guidelines for free direct to home (DTH) platform DD Free Dish in the Delhi High Court.
In their petition, the broadcasters have contended that the reserve price set by the public broadcaster in the new policy guideline is too high and prohibitive for small and niche broadcasters.

These broadcaster trying to delay process of e auction ,how they can get a rate of 2017 in 2019,I do not think court will halt e auction because of this as e auction is open tender,is done in transparent way

TV vision is SAB group with Masti,Dabang and Dhamal channels,I think they may not take part in auction due to high rates

Last edited:
tv vision is shree adhikari brothers pvt ltd sub company
its tv distribution
mastiii
dabangg
gujarat dhamaal
maiboli tv

These broadcaster trying to delay process of e auction ,how they can get a rate of 2017 in 2019,I do not think court will halt e auction because of this as e auction is open tender,is done in transparent way

@stiwari bro . Its not about the rates of 2017 or 2019. Its between the mixing of genres and then subsequent rates allotted to different genres which are very high which is being contested by broadcasters.

The petitions have been dismissed on 4 Feb 2019.

TV channels argued that they were FTA channels and were loss making channels and yet the reserve price was higher than news channels.Delhi HC noted it would not be apposite for this Court to enter into a controversy as to the assessment of the commercial potential of various genres/channels. The question of fixing a reserve price is a matter of commercial discretion of the respondent.

Prasar Bharati pointed out that the reserve price was only a fraction of the operating revenue of the channel.The Court noted that it is unable to accept that the Impugned Guidelines or the reserve price fixed thereunder would amount to disabling an entrepreneur from carrying on the business of broadcasting a music channel.

The petitions were accordingly dismissed

http://delhihighcourt.nic.in/writereaddata/orderSan_Pdf/vib/2019/25908_2019.pdf

9X Media and B4U Broadband have after the dismissal filed a Letter Patents Appeal (LPA) in Delhi HC.

I think
The petitions have been dismissed on 4 Feb 2019.

TV channels argued that they were FTA channels and were loss making channels and yet the reserve price was higher than news channels.Delhi HC noted it would not be apposite for this Court to enter into a controversy as to the assessment of the commercial potential of various genres/channels. The question of fixing a reserve price is a matter of commercial discretion of the respondent.

Prasar Bharati pointed out that the reserve price was only a fraction of the operating revenue of the channel.The Court noted that it is unable to accept that the Impugned Guidelines or the reserve price fixed thereunder would amount to disabling an entrepreneur from carrying on the business of broadcasting a music channel.

The petitions were accordingly dismissed

http://delhihighcourt.nic.in/writereaddata/orderSan_Pdf/vib/2019/25908_2019.pdf

9X Media and B4U Broadband have after the dismissal filed a Letter Patents Appeal (LPA) in Delhi HC.
i think 9x & tv visions not participate

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock