[Tips] - How to connect monoblock LNB to a DiSEqC switch?

Hassan Syed said:
There is no need to buy a splitter for this purpose. i am using Dish tV mono block LNB from last 1 and half year. simply using LNB -1 for NSS6 and LNB 2 for Asiasat 5S. Other slots you can use for other packages
Go through all posts please..

[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Hi![/font]

[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I have a few questions when it comes to unifying Monoblock + Single LNB.[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]That's how my equipment looks like:[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]- Dish 1 >>> Monoblock (16E + 19.2E)[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]- Dish 2 >>> Single LNB (13E)[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Question 1: I would like to unify both systems into a single cable, all 3 LNBs connected to the same tuner. Is this possible?[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Question 2: I read that monoblocks have already an internal switch. So, can I use any kind of switch to unify the monoblock and the single LNB? Some people say that it may work only if I use "uncommitted" switches. What does "uncommitted" stand for?[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Question 3: What configuration do I have to set at "System > Tuner configuration" if I buy a switch to unify monoblock + single LNB?: Toneburst? DiSEqC A/B? DiSEqC A/B/C/D? Advanced?[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Is this how the configuration should look like?[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]- Monoblock 16E >>> Port AA[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]- Monoblock 19.2E >>> Port AB[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]- Single LNB 13E >>> Port BA[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Any help will be appreciated! Thanks in advance![/font]

I read that it is technically possible to connect a Monoblock and a Single LNB using this kind of "uncommitted" switches:

Spaun SUR 211 WSG - Splitter de vídeo (Azul): Amazon.es: Electrónica
Switch DiSEqC 2.0 Televes + Control Monoblock 11589

Question 1: Is there any difference between both products? I see that SPAUN has a red selector in the front that allows to set what is the exact usage of the switch. I see no such selector in TELEVES.

Question 2: If I use any of these switches, do I need to press a button to switch between "Use monoblock" or "Use single LNB" each time I want to stop watching a channel provided by the monoblock and start watching a channel provided by the single LNB? I'm hoping the distribution of the signal is done internally with no need to interact. Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you so much for your help!

I have disqe switch 2.0 1x4 and its not detecting asiasat 5

i have connect to asiasat 7 to 3 dishtv monoblock to 2 dd free 4 in gskyv6 box i selected dd as disqe 1.0 port 4 on and dish tv 95 port 1 on altough its connected to port 2 asiasat 5 port 2 asiasat7 port 3.

in my gskyv6 box i have diseq1.0 and 1.1 so in 1.1 i have 1cas1:portm1 upto4 and 1casm2 1casm3 upto 2casport16

please help me how to get asiasat 5 TP

iftequar said:
I have disqe switch 2.0  1x4 and its not detecting asiasat 5

i have connect to asiasat 7 to 3 dishtv monoblock to 2 dd free 4 in gskyv6 box i selected dd as disqe 1.0 port 4 on and dish tv 95 port 1 on altough its connected to port 2 asiasat 5 port 2 asiasat7 port 3.

in my gskyv6 box i have diseq1.0 and 1.1 so in 1.1 i have 1cas1:portm1 upto4 and 1casm2 1casm3 upto 2casport16

please help me how to get asiasat 5 TP

Before replying..

Don't create duplicate ID. Your original ID iftequar ahmed is banned and please login with your original ID once the ban period is over.

What is the use of monoblock lnb .can we set abs and gsat with this type of lnb in one dth antenna of size 60cm.

If yes then i'll purchase monoblock lnb instead of single lnb.
Please help me
Also tell me how to set both sat in one antenna

Sushant0712 said:
What is the use of monoblock lnb .can we set abs and gsat with this type of lnb in one dth antenna of size 60cm.

Monoblock LNB is for catching signals from multiple satellites.

Sushant0712 said:
Can i use it in Solid HDS2 6078 stb for abs and gsat signal.

I don't know much things about Satellite tracking...:shy any other members will answer this question ...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock