[Tips] - How to connect monoblock LNB to a DiSEqC switch?

Sushant0712 said:
What is the use of monoblock lnb .can we set abs and gsat with this type of lnb in one dth antenna of size 60cm.
Monobloc lnb can receive signals from 2 satellites but sat has to be near by each other. Distrance between gsat 15 and abs 2 is very far. So you can't receive it using mono bloc lnb.

I have Solid fta HD STB and a Dish tv HD connection with monoblock lnb. In my solid stb I am getting signals from Gsat 15 and NSS 6/ SES 8.

But my problem is that I am not able to receive Asiasat 5s ie Dish HD channels using monoblock lnb in solid stb.

So experts please advise how I can receive both NSS+Gsat and asiasat signals using monoblock lnb in solid stb.

buddy said:
I have Solid fta HD STB and a Dish tv HD connection with monoblock lnb. In my solid stb I am getting signals from Gsat 15 and NSS 6/ SES 8.

But my problem is that I am not able to receive Asiasat 5s ie Dish HD channels using monoblock lnb in solid stb.

So experts please advise how I can receive both NSS+Gsat and asiasat signals using monoblock lnb in solid stb.
I also want the same thing[emoji102]

no need any thing......to get signal
just do ...in set-top box select

Diseqc 1.0 -1 port nss6
2nd port -for asiasat-5

The steps mentioned in first post is not required to be done. It was posted by doing self experiments. But later members suggested easiest way to do it by using DiseqC 1.1 switch to connect monoblock LNB and regular LNB together to same receiver. So, ignore the first post.

hi
i want to connect dish tv mono block lnb+abs freedish +sub direct lnb to recievr thrua 4*1 diseq
how to do the settings will monoblocklnb connect thru diseq

hi
i want to connect dish tv mono block lnb+abs freedish +sub direct lnb to recievr thrua 4*1 diseq
how to do the settings will monoblocklnb connect thru diseq

I you have Diseq 1.1 8x1 switch, you can directly connect monoblock to 8x1 switch. If you don't have, then you have to follow the steps in first post. You anyway need to buy one splitter fo that

I you have Diseq 1.1 8x1 switch, you can directly connect monoblock to 8x1 switch. If you don't have, then you have to follow the steps in first post. You anyway need to buy one splitter fo that
only have 4*1 diseq ok splitter is a good choice

I am really learning a lot of this thread; special thanks to all senior members including M.J.Sadiq

Could members using a Mono block Lnb with ONLY a DiSEqC 4X1 Switch kindly share detailed information about the Setup & Port Configuration in Receiver?

I would like know how to connect the Mono block Lnb directly to the 4 X 1 DiSEqC 2.0 Switch (without using any spliters ) ?

I am not an expert in anyway but I think there is a way to casecade DiSEqC Switches
cascade DiSEqC Switches - Google Search

I have a Mono Block Lnb and 4 X 1 DiSEqC Switch [Brand: DBC Model: BC-41DS (950 - 2400 MHz) DiSEqC 2.0 Switch]

Last edited:
@Hassan Syed
@dreambox.pk
@akswap
@svprasad

There is no need to buy a splitter for this purpose. i am using Dish tV mono block LNB from last 1 and half year. simply using LNB -1 for NSS6 and LNB 2 for Asiasat 5S. Other slots you can use for other packages

I think there is some confusion here so let me clarify:

If we re connecting Mono block LNB DIRECTLY to Receiver then it is quite simple (simply select port 1 & 2 in DiSEqC 1.1 setup in Receiver)

However it becomes a little complicated when connecting Mono block LNB (which already has a built in switch) to another DiSEqC Switch and then connecting that DiSEqC output to the Receiver because now we have to select appropriate sub ports 1, 2 in Mono block LNB along with the Mono block main output port in DiSEqC in order to communicate with the desired LNB.

Hence the discussion here is about the second scenario (also known as "cascading" DiSEqC/multi Switches). A lot of people are having problems with this setup and configuration

Hey I'm a little bit confused while reading this post.
As far as i know mono block lnb can be used to capture two satellites within 3 deg difference right?
If so, how could you guys set Dish tv 95E & 100.5E with a monoblock? (Elevation angle also differs about 5 degree.)
monoblock lnb means a lnb with two outputs right? (correct me if I'm wrong) If so we could connect two cables from two different outputs right? (if so why do we need splitters for the lnb with two different output?
I really don't know about monoblock lnb.. I googled it and in pictures that was look alike a cascded lnb's with two outputs. (I saw 5 cascaded monoblock lnb too.)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock