TN Digitization - General Discussions [SCV Says Allocated Thousand Crore for STB, Challenges other MSO. - Will SCV take back Chennai?]

HOUSE-MD

Contributor
Reaction score

Dayanidhi Maran says SCV being the first MSO in India to offer Digital STB during 2003 and he has already invested Rs 1000 crore for STB and challenges any other MSO able to invest so much amount. Also he says being the oldest MSO in India which supplied STB he believes in his technology and does not want to point negatives about other MSO's.

Also he said that once DAS is implemented LCO's can do analogue and will suddenly lose customers as it takes a upto 6 weeks to supply STB once ordered from the MSO so LCO's have to book their requirements well in Advance.

SD STB are being sold at Rs 500 and HD STB at Rs 1,200.

--
scv added mk tv

Thanks, good update.

If the MSO really wants to do good and help its subscribers who pay them then they can at-least bring the Discovery Tamil, Raj Musix, Sony Pix, Raj News etc from the un-viewable slots to viewable slots as they have over 32 blank slots well within viewable zone.

Why add some channels just for name sake or channel count sake and place them in the un-viewable zone?

Last edited:
RE: scv added mk tv

Is there any chance, SCV bring Star Vijay to Prime band for World cup 2015
And also, any chance SCV to give free star sports channels for world cup 2015 in chennai analogue.

[split] SCV Added Peppers TV @ 139

LCO's should add these types of FTA local channels on the mass blank slots in the analogue so people get to have more choices of channels.

Instead of waiting for the MSO the LCO's have to take the initiative. This can also become an excellent side income for them as the local channels can pay these LCO's directly and take up the blank slots.

RE: SCV Added Peppers TV @ 139

HOUSE-MD said:
LCO's should add these types of FTA local channels on the mass blank slots in the analogue so people get to have more choices of channels.

Instead of waiting for the MSO the LCO's have to take the initiative. This can also become an excellent side income for them as the local channels can pay these LCO's directly and take up the blank slots.

It will cost LCO. For filling one Slot, it will cost 1 to 1.5 Lakhs. (got info from my LCO).
Again to fill another slot, again the same cost will occur.
So, unless , the LCO has good revenue / doing business for long time , will be able to burden the cost.

HOUSE-MD said:

They won't add since they want the people to get set top boxes.

sathishbabu4u said:
It will cost LCO. For filling one Slot, it will cost 1 to 1.5 Lakhs. (got info from my LCO).
Again to fill another slot, again the same cost will occur.
So, unless , the LCO has good revenue / doing business for long time , will be able to burden the cost.

Ah, i never knew this. This amount is one time cost or yearly or monthly?

But why should LCO's pay from their hand? Cant the local channels pay the cost? I think local channels can easily make this money with just 1 month of ad's.

Sadiq said:
They won't add since they want the people to get set top boxes.

I don't think people are in mood to get STB from an MSO with no license and that too with just a year around for state elections, may be if TRAI forces people might start thinking about DAS (still people would need a licensed MSO) and DTH.

HOUSE-MD said:
Ah, i never knew this. This amount is one time cost or yearly or monthly?

But why should LCO's pay from their hand? Cant the local channels pay the cost? I think local channels can easily make this money with just 1 month of ad's.

It is one time cost , it is the cost to buy equipments to insert a channel in between the channels coming from mso.
BTW peppers is not local channel, and no channel will give any amount to LCO to showing their channel.

HOUSE-MD said:
I don't think people are in mood to get STB from an MSO with no license and that too with just a year around for state elections, may be if TRAI forces people might start thinking about DAS (still people would need a licensed MSO) and DTH.
Except Arasu, others are licensed and at least one of them present in all the areas of Chennai. Also, digitization will anyway happen at least after the state elections since it is the target by central government. So analogue will be unused at that time. Considering this, I think, LCO will not invest in analogue.

sathishbabu4u said:
It is one time cost , it is the cost to buy equipments to insert a channel in between the channels coming from mso.
BTW peppers is not local channel, and no channel will give any amount to LCO to showing their channel.

So local channels want free service from LCO's? Now i can understand why no LCO's are picking up local channels.

But i heard there is a carriage fee paid by private channels to MSO, why wont these local channels pay the LCO to get to the people?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock