TN Digitization - General Discussions [SCV Says Allocated Thousand Crore for STB, Challenges other MSO. - Will SCV take back Chennai?]

To all STB users of SCV, VK Digital & TCCL: Please check the below pricing and and answer to the following queries,

1. Is your MSO offering you either Better or Similar DAS pack?
  2. Do you consider these prices to be Competitive?
  3. Do you want your LCO to move to Arasu for these Pricing?

jQOJ96C.png

Last edited:
Yes I think it's coz of infinity hindi news & movies channels am i right ??

Please quote the whole para, the answer was right there.
ROI users cannot take South Packs but South Users can take both the packs. That is what i was talking about.

BTW subscribers from South of India should feel lucky, they get the option to choose South Pack in which sports channel are there @ low cost. ROI subscribers have to pay more for sports channels :cry::(

1. Is your MSO offering you either better or similar DAS pack?
  2. Do you consider these prices to be competitive?
  3. Do you want your LCO to move to Arasu under these pricing?
  4. Pros of the given packs.
  5. Cons of the given packs.

Hi..
1. Yes, I am using better pack than Arasu... it's VK Digital for RS.300 I am getting more than 400 SD and 85HD.

2.I think No.

3.I think VK is improving now except Customer care ( we know about our government...? So VK is better choice)

Hi..
1. Yes, I am using better pack than Arasu... it's VK Digital for RS.300 I am getting more than 400 SD and 85HD.

2.I think No.

3.I think VK is improving now except Customer care ( we know about our government...? So VK is better choice)

My LCO too is with VK and he said about 2 packs, one SD with over 300 channels at Rs 250 & SD+HD pack with over 400 channels at Rs 300 but he was confused if he should move to Arasu or get back to SCV as both offer free STB. But after seeing this DAS pricing i want to check his reaction. :)

Hi, These packs are not attractive one I am getting all SD channels with Rs230 in SCV. When I come to HD packs 350 all SD &HD my LCO offered SD STB 250 only and HD 500 only with out any activation and installation charges

Hi, These packs are not attractive one I am getting all SD channels with Rs230 in SCV. When I come to HD packs 350 all SD &HD my LCO offered SD STB 250 only and HD 500 only with out any activation and installation charges

If my LCO offers this, i can immediately go DAS as paying Rs 250 for SD STB & monthly subscription for all SD channels at Rs 230 isnt costly, the same goes with HD as HD STB at Rs 500 & Rs 350 pm is again not costly compared to Arasu's new plans.

Very few lco offer that kind of benefit. In scv all SD channels at 250 and HD channels at 450 in my area. Upgrade to hd at 750.
Arasu package is not competing with other mso, most of them offer all SD 230 to 250 but Arasu comes around 300. No need of Arasu stb. Great difficulty in scv stb is no polimer channel it is only an add on, no republic TV.

Very few lco offer that kind of benefit. In scv all SD channels at 250 and HD channels at 450 in my area. Upgrade to hd at 750.

I think its high time SCV tightens its control over LCO's and offer Packs on par with VK & TCCL. Different LCO's selling at different prices is awful. Let SCV follow prices shown on its website and LCO can collect max Rs 20-30 similar to LPG delivery man but one LCO selling HD at 350 and another at Rs 450 is nothing but "DAYLIGHT ROBBERY" and the SCV should educate subscribers by publicly showing pack cost under its INFO Channel so LCO's cant hike them by huge.

Keeping polimer group alone as addon is not fair as all its channels are FTA. Selling FTA channels as addon should not be allowed. Add on for Pay Channels is understandable but it isn't fair for FTA on addon.

Arasu package is not competing with other mso, most of them offer all SD 230 to 250 but Arasu comes around 300. No need of Arasu stb.

Yes, it's now clear that Arasu isnt competing with any MSO and also seems they arent interested in Chennai Zone as usual.

By keeping SD packs at Rs 350 (Rs 275 + 50 tax + 25 LCO roundoff) when the same SD pack is sold at Rs 250 (incl of tax) and HD pack at Rs 300 (incl of tax) by most MSO's in Chennai they seem to clearly indicate that they are just targeting villages and other places where they are currently actively serving and no plans to include Chennai to that list (atleast this year) so mostly they seem to want to maintain that 70 lac subscribers count (atleast this year).

Also Arasu doesnt look like a TN based MSO as they have added tons of Other Hindi Pay Channels to Rs 225 pack but removed popular English Movies, GEC & Info Channels popular in TN. Looks like they had more business in mind than the Tamilness when creating these packs.

Yes, i wish my MSO never moves to Arasu so i dont have to pay huge price for no good packs. If my LCO stays with VK (hope they dont sell SD STB's higher than Rs 300) or moves back to SCV (i will happily get the free STB) i would get that SD pack at Rs 250 per tv (or HD at Rs 300).

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock