Tom Felton's ‘Against The Sun’ to release on 6 March

Dileep Kumar

Reaction score
→ MUMBAI: Tom Felton, best known for the character of Draco Malfoy in theHarry Potterseries, stars in one of the most harrowing true stories of World War II calledAgainst The Sun. The movie is all set to release in India on 6 March, 2015.

Against The Sunis the story of three US Navy Airmen who crash land their torpedo bomber in the South Pacific and find themselves on a tiny life raft, surrounded by open ocean. No food. No water. No hope of rescue.
Against incredible odds, these virtual strangers must survive storms, sharks, starvation and each other as they sail more than a thousand miles to safety.

Felton, who was looking for a challenge after literally growing up in the hallowed halls of Hogwarts, said, “It’s a very unique film in that its only three characters and the film stays with these three characters the entire way, there are no set changes or anything like that.

That presents a challenge for any actor or filmmaker. Anything that seems challenging right now is a good thing.”

The film also stars Garret Dillahunt, who essays the role of Navy pilot Harold Dixon. “I liked the physical challenge of what it represented. And honestly, it was a little more serious of a diet than I thought. When we spoke, we all thought, well I’ll lose a little bit and then make-up will help us out because we will never be able to get as skinny as those guys really were. But then when I got (to the studio) and there was a nutritionist, I was like ‘oh this is serious - you want us to lose a pound a day’,” said Dillahunt.

The third leg of the trio is played by Jake Abel. “I’ve done a lot of genre work, franchise work and there’s been specific reasons to do those because of the filmmakers and the people involved and I’ve been so wanting something more contained and based in the real world where I’m not having to twist the mustache -- and to work with a filmmaker who’s really hungry. And I never want to leave the genre world for good, its treated me so well and I’ve had a lot of fun doing it, but I’m very happy for the introduction of period dramas and biopics,” added Abel.

Against The Sunis an Aghor Raj Productions’ Presentation. The company also makes its foray into the field of distribution with this film.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/movies/hollywood/tom-feltons-against-the-sun-to-release-on-6-march-150209

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock