Tracked Telstar 18 again.this time with single LNB

Newb_Dxer said:
LNB position ss taken using mobile flash.The cardboard has been put to tighten the LNB as Solid company people did not send the nuts and bolts along with Ku LNB holder and did not respond when I told them this via email :

343646a53be482b7e7509be33c2ada0a.jpg

this one is wrong..

Last edited by a moderator:
shawl_who said:
this one is wrong..

Yes,now I know  that is opposite skew.

Actually I repeatedly asked everyoine in this forum to guide me about the correct LNB skew but no one responded.
So I figured it out myself and then used the skew shown in the following ss and I got the correct polarisations as mentioned on Lyngsat.

Firstly I thought that I will not be able to get Telstar 18 with good signals with Monoblock LNB but since I keep on experimenting so by lowering the dish even further and moving it slighly westward I got very good signals of Telstar 18 with correct polarisation .

In fact I got all satellites except 88e by using Monoblock LNB with cable skew towards the left while standing in front of the dish.So from now onwards I will be mostly using Monoblock LNB only.

This is how I place my Monoblock LNB these days though slightly more raised to get Telstar 18@138e,Apstar6@134e and Laosat@128e .
If possible I will post my present dish setting for Laosat with Monoblock LNB .
Actually I am only one who has dish installed in the balcony and pointing towards the East while everyone's dish is on the terrace and pointing towards South even in  the nearby buildings.So it looks odd and then taking pictures of the dish looks even more odd but still I will try :

9322fb87e782b66baf399c182754b115.jpg

I am sorry but none of you informed me about the correct skew angle for Telstar for single LNB so I figured it out myself and got 100% signals on all TPs mentioned in Lyngsat except the one which has Phoenix Chinese channel which gave me 60% stable signal.

Is this skew angle -50 or +50 ?

745b157121d2a92ea4e1f5a258943cab.jpg

I set my dish to telestar 138e with the help of telestar official site.
The've suggest me to set lnb skew at -77.6. I'm getting only H polarity signals. not v polarity signals.
so i changed my position back to abs 2.
If i set my lnb skew at -50.. can i get both H and V polarity signals?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock