Trai creating unnecessary things

Hello All...
I did some quick comparison before and after trai rules. I'm user of Airtel DTH with multiple connections.
Existing plan:
  1. Had opted for infinity plan which gives all SDHDFTA chennels @700/month. For advance subscription for 1 yr they offered 30% disc, so instead 8.4K i was paying somewhere 5.9k.
  2. I had 3 secondary connections and all will have same full package and each extra connection was charged at 275/month. For 3 additional connections for 1 yr, it was costing me 9.9 / yr.
  3. So overall for full 500+ channels (SDHDFTA) for all 4 connections i was payinh 15.8k / yr.
Now post new rule:
  1. If we just calculate if i want few main channels like sony, zee, star, colors, History, Sab, Max, Nick, there prices are 19 rs. Like wise if i choose just 15 channels which cost 19rs it will be 336 rs (icl taxes) + 150 Network Carrying cost NCC
  2. Under 150 NCC you are allowed to have only 100 channels combination of FTA+Paid Chennels.
  3. Out of this 100 channels capacity 25 Doordarshan channels are compulsory and 75 left to play around combination of FTA and PC.
  4. Obviously having Full HD 4K TVs we prefer to opt HD channels. Then 1 HD channel = 2 SD channel capacity. So based on my bare minimum selection of 15 reduces capacity to 30 channels in min base fare capacity.
  5. It means i have 25 DD + 30 Paid(in act it is 15 only) + 45 left which i have to choose from unwanted rejected FTA channals which no one wants even if they are free.
  6. Finally with this bare minimum 85 channels (only 15 good ones are my choice out of 85 channels) i have to pay 486 rs (336+150) / month.
  7. Therefore if i apply this logic for my existing connections, for 12 months with 4 connections i have to pay 23,328 rs.
  8. Which is approx 8k extra for just 15 HD channels vs 40+ HD channels and lot more which i was enjoying.
Just imagine how much i have to pay if i opt for complete HD package and channels to suit different family members choices...
It is complete day light cheating and all sony, zee, star, times will be minting money and consumer will suffer like hell.

Hello All...
I did some quick comparison before and after trai rules. I'm user of Airtel DTH with multiple connections.
Existing plan:
  1. Had opted for infinity plan which gives all SDHDFTA chennels @700/month. For advance subscription for 1 yr they offered 30% disc, so instead 8.4K i was paying somewhere 5.9k.
  2. I had 3 secondary connections and all will have same full package and each extra connection was charged at 275/month. For 3 additional connections for 1 yr, it was costing me 9.9 / yr.
  3. So overall for full 500+ channels (SDHDFTA) for all 4 connections i was payinh 15.8k / yr.
Now post new rule:
  1. If we just calculate if i want few main channels like sony, zee, star, colors, History, Sab, Max, Nick, there prices are 19 rs. Like wise if i choose just 15 channels which cost 19rs it will be 336 rs (icl taxes) + 150 Network Carrying cost NCC
  2. Under 150 NCC you are allowed to have only 100 channels combination of FTA+Paid Chennels.
  3. Out of this 100 channels capacity 25 Doordarshan channels are compulsory and 75 left to play around combination of FTA and PC.
  4. Obviously having Full HD 4K TVs we prefer to opt HD channels. Then 1 HD channel = 2 SD channel capacity. So based on my bare minimum selection of 15 reduces capacity to 30 channels in min base fare capacity.
  5. It means i have 25 DD + 30 Paid(in act it is 15 only) + 45 left which i have to choose from unwanted rejected FTA channals which no one wants even if they are free.
  6. Finally with this bare minimum 85 channels (only 15 good ones are my choice out of 85 channels) i have to pay 486 rs (336+150) / month.
  7. Therefore if i apply this logic for my existing connections, for 12 months with 4 connections i have to pay 23,328 rs.
  8. Which is approx 8k extra for just 15 HD channels vs 40+ HD channels and lot more which i was enjoying.
Just imagine how much i have to pay if i opt for complete HD package and channels to suit different family members choices...
It is complete day light cheating and all sony, zee, star, times will be minting money and consumer will suffer like hell.
I am considering downgrading to my good ol' dabba TV.

1. Therefore if i apply this logic for my existing connections, for 12 months with 4 connections i have to pay 23,328 rs.
  2. Which is approx 8k extra for just 15 HD channels vs 40+ HD channels and lot more which i was enjoying.
Just buy a good Projector and play JIO TV & Airtel TV App;).
otherwise just mirror your mobile to TV

Last edited:
Please share link where it says DD channels are to be included in 100 channels. No source found so far on this.

This tariff should be applied on phase basis. At first it should be implemented on TRAI's chairman and his family. Then to TRAI's employees. Then to Subash Chandra, his family and employees. After all the trials are done we should be honoured to get this new tariff.
Lastly modi and shah

In rural India people getting more than 350 channels fron cable service for Rs 150. With the new rules coming from 29th Dec a rural agricultural family has to spend nearly Rs 300 for getting few channels. Is this rule anticipated? TRAI is not doing justice to the people. It is encouraging caputalists like DTH operators.

Please check the new tariff:
Basic price Rs 130 plus GST at 18%
charges for few kannada channels are:
Star Suvarna Rs 19
Colors Kannada rs. 19
Udaya Tv rs 17
Zee kannada rs 19
Udaya movies Rs 7
like this. This reaches to Rs 250 - 300
Is this justification TRAI doing?
& Also is everyone capable of doing so many calculations? Dealers will loot customers by telling them anything & taking huge recharge amounts.

Please share link where it says DD channels are to be included in 100 channels. No source found so far on this.
Under this link
Frequently Asked Questions, Tariff and Related Information for New Regulatory Framework on Broadcasting & Cable Services
Go to download section and download pdf file "Suggestive Bonquet For Consumer" you will see all sample packs includes 25DD and refer note at the last page.

Also i suggest kindly download FAQ file and read it, will get more answers from there as well.

Hope it helps you my friend.

Really disappointed with TRAI and this governments policies...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock