TRAI may regulate HD channels' subscription charges

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 43
  • Views: Views 4,105
RE: TRAI may regulate HD channels'subscription charges

prateek1987 said:
dude once again ur calculations r wrong

the minimum base pack have also higher price than 165 then how come the average is 165 rs.

any logic???????

oh god ok dont believe me. Enter dishtv.in and download the annual report

sagar.patnaik said:
100% wrong information. First Airtel is giving new HD connection at Rs 999, Dish tv has announced Rs 600 for SD and 999 for HD. In the year 2013-14 Dish Tv loss was Rs 149 Crores. Come on dont guess and govt is providing no subsidy to buy set top boxes infact they DTH companies are asking govt to reduce import duty. Plus DTH companies are paying taxes on the sale of set top boxes as well. At least google it before putting your point. Dont ask Den please. Its like asking Reliance is tata better. Entertainment tax is not being paid by cable operators. The entertainment tax is deducted from vat and returned back to cable operators so they say we are paying entertainment tax but actually they are not

bro they r temporary offers n r for a particular period of time.

airtel hd stb for rs 999 is only for airtel mobile users not for all the potential customers.

dish tv is for world cup offers for a particular set of time. so dude i don't know how to get u.

n i can even explain u about the taxes but it will b of no use bcoz u r stick to ur wrong information.

if i get an offer does it mean it is for each n every one.

n y dth provides stb on a loss basis bcoz if one can pay 2000 then he can even pay 3000 also so where is the point dude???????????

prateek1987 said:
bro they r temporary offers n r for a particular period of time.

airtel hd stb for rs 999 is only for airtel mobile users not for all the potential customers.

dish tv is for world cup offers for a particular set of time. so dude i don't know how to get u.

n i can even explain u about the taxes but it will b of no use bcoz u r stick to ur wrong information.

if i get an offer does it mean it is for each n every one.

n y dth provides stb on a loss basis bcoz if one can pay 2000 then he can even pay 3000 also so where is the point dude???????????

It wont be a limited offer from now on and I hve taken the lowest price for STB. The actual price range for HD set top box ranges from $18-$24. I know everything about taxes I can list you all taxes with percentage if you want. I am not asking you to believe me just download the dishtv investor presentation from their website they hve every data. Its just 27 page document which is audited so thats not fake.

Just recently somebody in this forum posted an article here where DTH players said for each subscriber they take a hit of Rs 2000 which for them can take upto 2 years to recover depending on the pack he has subscribe only if the subscriber sticks that long.

prateek1987 said:
with due respect as v both r indians n i hope u love ur country n its people in the same way as i do.

tell me which dth company is providing good quality services as i cant get 5 rs samosa even from a road side thailiwallas also.

since the ten years of the incorporation of the dth industry in india, we r still facing problems, which r mentioned below:

the package n pricing bcoz each dth has diffent channels under its packs.

let me explain u a new channel ID has just started i wanted to get this channel but its not providing by my dth so what else i could do as i have invested 2000 rs in my stb n to become a customer of my dth company.

do i have any option available. answer is big no bcoz there is no portability. had it been there i would have easily got my channels after switching from one another.

10 years have been past still m not able to get 5 star services from my dth.

who is a looser me only means a customer only.

y dth companies r afraid of portability. if they r providing good five star services than dey shud have not afraid. but they know that they r not up to the mark

they r reaping profits from our ignorance only as we don't know our rights.

govt. made it compulsory to have a separate stb so plz tell me if u take it a rdtv n take it a adtv n after 3 months u r facing problems of any kind than u dont have any option bcoz there is no portability.

bro u have to think like an indian only n its our duty also

see in best case scenario all channels should be available but you know the reasons why it is not. I am having Airtel I also want all infotainment HD channels but I dont get it. In few years time hopefully when TP space problem gets resolved we will hve all the channels.

Now on portability issue. Its possible when the market is mature and not when companies are making losses. Portability is a technical as well as financial challenge. Portability means you hve to pay the full price for the set top box. Customization is not possible. Can you name a country where DTH portability is there. You kno in telecom we hve not yet achieved national number portability yet.telecom is a far mature market.

sagar.patnaik said:
Just recently somebody in this forum posted an article here where DTH players said for each subscriber they take a hit of Rs 2000 which for them can take upto 2 years to recover depending on the pack he has subscribe only if the subscriber sticks that long.

if it is true than y don't they provide better n quality services.
since 2009 i have been a subscriber of adtv, 2010 den network n 2014 june d2h subscriber. all the three r in active status.

but if u want i can list u out about the problems.

they had a hit of 2000rs. who ask them to be so?

just do it like mobiles. one can purchase the stb from the market n purchase the vc frm the respective dth.

by doing this who is best will remain for a long time who is poor will be kicked out.

n use ur brain also while putting ........

sagar.patnaik said:
It wont be a limited offer from now on and I hve taken the lowest price for STB. The actual price range for HD set top box ranges from $18-$24. I know everything about taxes I can list you all taxes with percentage if you want. I am not asking you to believe me just download the dishtv investor presentation from their website they hve every data. Its just 27 page document which is audited so thats not fake.

if u know abt the taxes than don't u know that there are two taxes vat n service tax. either things wud come in vat or in service tax or in both but a particular amount cannot be charged twice thats y it is subjudice.

i m paying entertainment tax as well as service tax as both the taxes are collected by different govts.

just like a movie cine plex where u r paying both the taxes.

in case of a party, u have to pay both the taxes but the amount cannot be clubbed or the same.

when u purchase petrol u r paying vat as well as service tax.

34 rs petrol is at 68-70 rs depends on the states.

in up ent. tax is compulsory but the honorable sc says that it shud not come into ent. tax category as it is just a service provider not an entertainment provider ( dth still paying ent. tax as well as the mso- local den bcoz it is still subjudice)

ent. tax must be calculated on the broadcaster side as they r ones who provide entertainment tax and dth r just the mediator n service provider so anyhow we r the customers paying ent. tax.

n just use ur logic why there will be any benefit to mso.
i meant state govt. wud like to increase their tax revenue and also it is easy to get ent. tax from the mso as compare to dth.

prateek1987 said:
if it is true than y don't they provide better n quality services.
since 2009 i have been a subscriber of adtv, 2010 den network n 2014 june d2h subscriber. all the three r in active status.

but if u want i can list u out about the problems.

they had a hit of 2000rs. who ask them to be so?

just do it like mobiles. one can purchase the stb from the market n purchase the vc frm the respective dth.

by doing this who is best will remain for a long time who is poor will be kicked out.

n use ur brain also while putting ........

They could hve done that, but they followed the global market. If they follwed this principal stb price would hve been still hovering around Rs 4000-5000 and instead of 40 million they would be sitting at 10 million base. Their motto was to capture market by taking a hit initially. For them cable was the biggest competition. Funny part is that DTH is more successful in small town compared to big towns where cable is still dominating. So the argument that it is expensive doesnt hold the ground. May be a bit expensive from cable thats because of the extra license fee, entertainment tax. I get 200 channels for Rs 530 including 22 HD channels from airtel I find it cheap coz my cable wala asks Rs 250 for 75 odd channels without HD.

sagar.patnaik said:
see in best case scenario all channels should be available but you know the reasons why it is not. I am having Airtel I also want all infotainment HD channels but I dont get it. In few years time hopefully when TP space problem gets resolved we will hve all the channels.

Now on portability issue. Its possible when the market is mature and not when companies are making losses. Portability is a technical as well as financial challenge. Portability means you hve to pay the full price for the set top box. Customization is not possible. Can you name a country where DTH portability is there. You kno in telecom we hve not yet achieved national number portability yet.telecom is a far mature market.

i get it u now what exactly u wanted to say so far. dude take an example

in isro there are only 20 satellites (tps) available. each tp = 48-50 channels depends on the resolution of each n every channel.

there r 5 players available so one can get a maximum of 4 tps so one can provide 200 channels approx. (sd)

had the players would be less, we wuld have got more tps means more channels. so in isro space is limited thats y since last 6 years no new dth came in.

n to maintain a tp a dth required to pay around 600 lakhs so each channel cost u around 12 lakhs so 1 lakh / month.

now more n more competition emerge, more n more we wud b in loss.

indian dth is not for 6 companies as well as 4-5 mso.

RE: TRAI may regulate HD channels'
subscription charges

And who are we to decide, if normal public feels cable is better and cheap they ll stick with cable else switch to DTH. I find people from small town switch to DTH coz the cable service is of very bad quality. Continuous disruption. No choice. So they are ready to pay premium. A market has all types of services to choose. If people want channels for free they hve DD free dish, they can even switch to cable at 200-250.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock