Good News TRAI now extends time till 31 March for new tariff regime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time in 2014 you voted thinking mandatory digitisation which forced us to buy STB and increase subscription from rs 100 in analog era ?
I personally voted for BJP for forced digitisation as they promised me an analogue future. Unfortunately, they won and my digital cable subscription increased from Rs 100 to Rs 200. 😭😭😭

Brother, his words still hold true. Deadline for implementation was 29th December 2018 and all went ahead as per plan. Post this TRAI gave 1 month period to operators for smooth transition of all subscribers to this new regime. After one month they reviewed the progress and noticed that still many subscribers were not able to shift to new packs due to various issues and impoper awareness about process hence now transition period has been extended.

He was a hero and is still a hero. He sought consulations/feedback from all stakeholders, came out with a strong framework, fought all these years in court against operators or broadcasters to counter objections to this with facts and right now too making all possible efforts to cause minimal inconvenience to us.

Please tell me would it have been correct to black out all subscribers on old packs from a desired date, wouldn't that have been unjust? Also mark my words, after 4 or 5 months people who are criticizing TRAI for increase in TV bill, they will congratulate him for this after corrections happen as per market forces. Already discussed enough on this, requires understanding of multiple things and comparison based on various combinations. Most r unable to grasp the real difference hence coming to incorrect conclusion
Yes I agree with you bro!!
And it will benefit customers in the long run that too i agree.
But 1st of all it Shou be implemented with immediate effect then only with in a few months we could know how much it will effect.

Operater Give Basefitplan to coustmer
bwlS6On.jpg

With TRAI flip flop now this new angle;
Delhi High Court Wants TRAI To Explain Why it Now Says Cable And DTH Can Choose Channels By 31 March
"With the latest extension and the new guidelines, TRAI has somewhat complicated the situation by shifting the power to change subscription packages to the cable operators and DTH service providers, though it had claimed all along that the power of choice was in the hands of the consumers. Additionally, it is still not known how cable and DTH companies will be able to pay the broadcasters according to the new tariff regime which also dictates the price of each channel, when some of the subscribers would be paying old subscription prices and some are now paying the newly mandated rates."
Delhi High Court Wants TRAI To Explain Why it Now Says Cable And DTH Can Choose Channels By 31 March

Trai must cancel this new rule... We cable users happy with current package. They should implement to only dth users.
The Win Cable in Bangalore has snapped connections of 100s of it's subscribers wef today.
Clear violation of TRAI ruling and case of arm twisting.

What does that "March-31 deadline extend" means???
Still I'm not getting pay channels in old pack..

Does this news mean that for those who have not yet chosen the package, they have time till 31-Mar-2019 and until then the DTH/LCO may NOT shift them to a "Best-Fit" plan?

So now they want to forcefully shift people on the new system.

Does this news mean that for those who have not yet chosen the package, they have time till 31-Mar-2019 and until then the DTH/LCO may NOT shift them to a "Best-Fit" plan?
Still they can offer depending on consumers acceptance or subject to further changes suggest by DPO and desired by consumers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock